The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Luke Rockhold wants Constantinos Philippou at UFC on FOX 7 Vote_lcapLuke Rockhold wants Constantinos Philippou at UFC on FOX 7 Voting_barLuke Rockhold wants Constantinos Philippou at UFC on FOX 7 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Luke Rockhold wants Constantinos Philippou at UFC on FOX 7 Vote_lcapLuke Rockhold wants Constantinos Philippou at UFC on FOX 7 Voting_barLuke Rockhold wants Constantinos Philippou at UFC on FOX 7 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Luke Rockhold wants Constantinos Philippou at UFC on FOX 7

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22843

Luke Rockhold wants Constantinos Philippou at UFC on FOX 7 Empty
PostSubject: Luke Rockhold wants Constantinos Philippou at UFC on FOX 7   Luke Rockhold wants Constantinos Philippou at UFC on FOX 7 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 12:33 pm

Luke Rockhold wants Constantinos Philippou at UFC on FOX 7 Strike11
Quote :
Currently riding a nine-fight win streak, Luke Rockhold (10-1 MMA, 9-0 SF) is eager to prove his worth inside the UFC’s prestigious octagon and he already has some particular opponents in mind.

The final Strikeforce middleweight champion, Luke Rockhold, has requested a bout with Constantinos Philippou at UFC on FOX 7 in San Jose, California, on April 20, 2013, for his promotional debut. He also wouldn’t mind getting the chance to knockout Michael Bisping, too.

Luke Rockhold via MMA Fighting:

“I think Costa Philippou makes the most sense right now. He’s coming off a win, and I think he’s a good opponent. Let’s get it on at [UFC on FOX 7].”

Constantinos Philippou (12-2 MMA, 5-1 UFC) is currently riding a five-fight win streak, with his most recent victory coming over top contender Tim Boetsch at UFC 155 last month.

Rockhold also stated his desire to knockout fellow middleweight contender Michael Bisping :

“I want Bisping to stay on the up and up so I can knock him out, but I want Belfort to win because that would open a path to Anderson [Silva]. I want the fight that gets me to Anderson as fast as I can. I believe I can fight him like no one else can. I want that opportunity because I believe I’m the No. 1 contender. I want to fight Silva before Weidman does because I think he might beat him. I want to debut in the Bay Area. I’m a Bay Area boy. So if anyone wants to step up, that would be great.”
continued...
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15317

Luke Rockhold wants Constantinos Philippou at UFC on FOX 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold wants Constantinos Philippou at UFC on FOX 7   Luke Rockhold wants Constantinos Philippou at UFC on FOX 7 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm

Everybody wants to knock out bisping but after 27 fights only 1 has done it Luke....just saying. Plus i think bisping would tko luke in the 3rd round if they fought.Glad to see him come over to the UFC but i think Constant is going to beat him down.
Back to top Go down

Luke Rockhold wants Constantinos Philippou at UFC on FOX 7
Page 1 of 1