The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Ken Shamrock Pens Open letter to Jon Jones Vote_lcapKen Shamrock Pens Open letter to Jon Jones Voting_barKen Shamrock Pens Open letter to Jon Jones Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Ken Shamrock Pens Open letter to Jon Jones Vote_lcapKen Shamrock Pens Open letter to Jon Jones Voting_barKen Shamrock Pens Open letter to Jon Jones Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Ken Shamrock Pens Open letter to Jon Jones

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59431

Ken Shamrock Pens Open letter to Jon Jones Empty
PostSubject: Ken Shamrock Pens Open letter to Jon Jones   Ken Shamrock Pens Open letter to Jon Jones EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 8:51 pm

Hi Jon:

Few others can understand the enticement of the lust of life when the world says “yes” to your every desire. At these times, anything you want is at your fingertips: free meals, expensive gifts, amazing opportunities, big sponsorships, money, girls, and just about every desire being met on demand.

One day, everything changes. Speaking from experience, the decisions we make eventually catches up to us. These consequences, from the seeds that we have sown, are very real and seldom easy to deal with. Fame is often a road paved with heartbreak. It’s a black hole that has the ability to engulf a distracted soul.

Unfortunately, you must sleep in the bed that you made. You did this to yourself, and you have issues that need to be dealt with. It’s important that you understand that all your troubles today are a bi-product of your actions. Once you truly understand this, then you can begin to heal what has been broken and move forward once again.

Jon, you are a true champion who has accomplished heights that few others will ever reach. Use your same internal strengths and determination that helped you become a world champion to fight though this hard season and yourself. Your next fight is with yourself.

Ironically, a documentary film is soon (June) to be released about me called The Greatest Fight. The greatest fight was ultimately with myself. I lived through the hardships that my actions caused me and hope others can learn from my past mistakes. The lust of the flesh (i.e. fame, money, sex, and drugs) blinded me and the bottom had to drop out before I could see clearly, rebuild, and rise up once again.

Jon, do NOT give up on yourself. You have risen to amazing levels in your career, and your fans need to see you learn from your mistakes and rise above them. It’s time to re-focus where focus has been lost. It’s very important that you get back to the your strong faith in Christ and allow Him to be your strength and guiding light though this season and beyond. Let this be a beginning of a testimony to help others. Although your fate is in your hands and no one else’s, I encourage you to draw close to those who are strongest in your circles and allow them to help you, too.

This is not the end, but your beginning. Fight the fight.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the woman in the accident for a speedy recovery.

God bless,
Ken Shamrock

http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-hall-of-famer-ken-shamrock-pens-open-letter-to-jon-jones
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15311

PostSubject: Re: Ken Shamrock Pens Open letter to Jon Jones   Ken Shamrock Pens Open letter to Jon Jones EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 8:38 am

Nice message from Ken, Would have felt more sincere without the documentary plug though.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22837

PostSubject: Re: Ken Shamrock Pens Open letter to Jon Jones   Ken Shamrock Pens Open letter to Jon Jones EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 8:42 am

Jesus Christ! That whole thing makes me reevaluate how smart I assumed Ken was.... good stuff there from him.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12597

PostSubject: Re: Ken Shamrock Pens Open letter to Jon Jones   Ken Shamrock Pens Open letter to Jon Jones EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 12:03 pm

Haha, yeah I was going to comment on this earlier, but since it was from Ken I assumed everyone was going to shit on it and I didnt want to look stupid lol.

I thought it was a really well written letter with a good message as well.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59431

PostSubject: Re: Ken Shamrock Pens Open letter to Jon Jones   Ken Shamrock Pens Open letter to Jon Jones EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 3:00 pm

Chrom wrote:
Jesus Christ! That whole thing makes me reevaluate how smart I assumed Ken was.... good stuff there from him.

Yeah I had a similar sentiment when I first read it.
When I saw the headline for the article I kind of went "Heh!!" and figured I'd get a good laugh out of it. But then after I read it i was damn.....he's not a complete moron! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ken Shamrock Pens Open letter to Jon Jones   Ken Shamrock Pens Open letter to Jon Jones Empty

Back to top Go down

Ken Shamrock Pens Open letter to Jon Jones
Page 1 of 1