The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight Vote_lcapSilva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight Voting_barSilva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight Vote_lcapSilva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight Voting_barSilva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight

Go down 
+2
stock
Gecko
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15323

Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight Empty
PostSubject: Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight   Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 7:55 am

http://network.yardbarker.com/mma/article_external/anderson_silva_open_to_super_fight_with_jon_jones_at_catch_weight/12022508

1. pull jones from TUF and find a replacement for oposing coach Sonnen.

2. make this fight happen

3.Perfect time to get some order in the middle weight divison

Bisping vs. Weidman/boestch winner for next shot. Belcher vs. Belfort for the following title match.

Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35191

PostSubject: Re: Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight   Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 9:22 am

I like the way you think.

Replacement for Jones?? Dan Henderson, Machida.
Winner gets next title shot.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight   Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:53 am

Yeah i dont know why but jones/silva sounds alot better to me than GSP/Silva.

Probably cause of there styles both jones and silva have great striking and good ground games. I know GSP has a good stnd up as well but i highly doubt he would go that route if he fought Silva.I think GSP would highly rely on his wrestling and try to avoid trading with Silva. I could see Jones and Silva trading leather though.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22849

PostSubject: Re: Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight   Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:30 am

I'm guessing Silva knows that Jones can't cut anywhere below 205, so he made this statement. None the less this would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight   Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:55 am

But seriously, Silva already walks around at 220-ish. IMO, it would be equally tough for Silva to cut down much more than 185.... especially given his age.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight   Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 pm

So where would the catch weight be? 200? I can't see Jones getting down anywhere bellow that... Maybe 195?
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight   Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:22 pm

195 seems to be the staple catchweight.
Although, they could potentially set it at whatever is agreed upon.

Does Jones actually want this fight??
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight   Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:46 pm

I haven't seen anything out there with him saying he is down....
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59443

PostSubject: Re: Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight   Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 4:02 pm

I'll be expecting some sort of entitled, arrogant, self-righteous response from Jones within a few days.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight   Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 4:14 pm

^ not at all unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight   Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 7:57 am

^ I would love to hear Jones say anything along the lines that he is unworthy of the fight and that didnt make sense. We all know the money will be there so that excuse cant be in the mix.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7958

PostSubject: Re: Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight   Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 5:35 pm

i dont want a catch weight fight, i want silva go up and make jones cry.
but if does happen jones is going to be emaciated and silva will have a physical advantage.
ill still watch it of course
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59443

PostSubject: Re: Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight   Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 7:31 pm

Jones won't do it no matter what.
Mark my words, he will find some reason- any reason- not to take this fight.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12609

PostSubject: Re: Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight   Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:37 am

I don't want it to happen because I think Jones would crush Silva Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight   Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight Empty

Back to top Go down

Silva is open to fighting Jones at a catch weight
Page 1 of 1