The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith Vote_lcapCaio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith Voting_barCaio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith Vote_lcapCaio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith Voting_barCaio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith

Go down 
+2
samger2
Chrom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22854

Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith Empty
PostSubject: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 12:25 pm

Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith B24b0510
Quote :
Caio Magalhaes saw nothing controversial about his 31-second stoppage on Saturday night in Uberlandia, Brazil.

The Brazilian middleweight extended his UFC winning streak to four straight victories with a vicious blitzkrieg of Trevor Smith in the opening round of action. However, his win was nothing if not questionable, as it appeared as though several of his final blows landed on his opponent's occiput region.

While he was made aware of the potential mistake, he claims to have not noticed any illegal blows when he was busy  bombarding his opponent with strikes.

"I didn't notice that," Magalhaes told MMAFighting.com. "His coach talked to me after the fight, said I punched the back of his head, but I didn't notice it. The referee should have stepped in if he saw something, but he was already out from the punch and knee I landed."

source
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 2:40 pm

Bullshit!
Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith ImpeccableSlushyBumblebee

The TKO should really be a DQ, those were in the very least insanely negligible & at worst intentional illegal shots.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10309

PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 6:54 pm

I can't really see it from that view. All I can see is him hitting the side of his face with hammer fists, doesn't look illegal to me
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59448

PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 8:01 pm

The one that dropped him looked to be a club squarely to the back of the head, and given the angle from which he brought it down, well, I'll just say if he wasn't aiming for the back of the head, he was throwing one of the most unorthodox standing hammerfists I have even seen.

The ones on the ground didn't actually look that bad to me. They looked to be more on the side of the head than the back.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 10:00 am

Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith FilthyLateIndigobunting
Suspect
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15328

PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 10:12 am

Yeah from this new angle not only was the standing hammer fist clearly behind the head, i would even say the next two ground shots looked like the back of the head too. with the 3rd and 4th hammer fist on the ground going to the side of the head. Think the ref should have been on that one a little more.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:02 am

I would say the first 3-4 hammer fists were clearly illegal and the last 2 maybe 3 were to the back of the ear, which is the grey area basically.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10256

PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:19 am

every single shot looked illegal to me with the exception of the left hook that originally caught him.

guy should be dq for that for sure imo
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59448

PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 1:42 pm

Quote :
The TKO should really be a DQ, those were in the very least insanely negligible & at worst intentional illegal shots.

Quote :
All I can see is him hitting the side of his face with hammer fists, doesn't look illegal to me

Quote :
The one that dropped him looked to be a club squarely to the back of the head......The ones on the ground didn't actually look that bad to me. They looked to be more on the side of the head than the back.

Quote :
not only was the standing hammer fist clearly behind the head, i would even say the next two ground shots looked like the back of the head too. with the 3rd and 4th hammer fist on the ground going to the side of the head.

Quote :
I would say the first 3-4 hammer fists were clearly illegal and the last 2 maybe 3 were to the back of the ear, which is the grey area basically.

Quote :
every single shot looked illegal to me with the exception of the left hook that originally caught him.

Well good to see we're all squarley in perfect agreement here!

lol!
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10256

PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 7:32 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10309

PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 5:44 pm

haha...I will say the second video showed me at least 2 illegal shots for sure
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12614

PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 10:06 am

Chrom wrote:

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith   Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith Empty

Back to top Go down

Caio Magalhaes ‘didn’t notice’ any illegal shots in KO victory over Trevor Smith
Page 1 of 1