The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video) Vote_lcapMiesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video) Voting_barMiesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video) Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video) Vote_lcapMiesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video) Voting_barMiesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video) Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video)

Go down 
+2
the commie
Chrom
6 posters

Did Cat Zingano hit Miesha Tate with an illegal knee?
Yes
Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video) Vote_lcap24%Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video) Vote_rcap
 24% [ 4 ]
No
Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video) Vote_lcap76%Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video) Vote_rcap
 76% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22854

Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video) Empty
PostSubject: Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video)   Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video) EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 2:15 pm

Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video) Miesha10
Quote :
Miesha Tate lost to Cat Zingano by third-round TKO at The Ultimate Fighter Finale 17 on Saturday and complained afterwards that the fight was stopped too early and that she was struck by an illegal knee.

Tate was in control most of the first two rounds of the fight. She repeatedly sought submissions in the second round — either by heel hook or armbar — but was unable to land either one. In the third round, Zingano came out and immediately got a takedown, and then dominated from top position. She nailed Tate with blow after blow to the face and body.

Halfway through the round, after receiving several blows to her face and nose, Tate fought to stand up. Just as she was standing up, Zingano nailed her with a knee that dropped her back to the ground. Tate fought to get back up again, but Zingano crushed her with three straight knees and an elbow to the head that forced the referee to stop the fight.

Tate may have felt the stoppage was too early, but I don’t. She was hardly able to defend herself and she was getting pummeled. I thought it was a good stoppage. As for the potentially illegal knee, that’s a more legitimate point.

Under the “Fouls” section of the UFC’s rules, it states that you are not allowed to Knee the head of a grounded opponent.

One could argue that Tate’s finger tips were touching the canvas at the time she was kneed, which would make the knee illegal. If it was illegal, it was by the slightest margin. I thought the rulings were fine.
continued...

I call BULLSHIT! I thought it looked good when I was watching it and this video proves it beyond a doubt.

Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7963

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video)   Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video) EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 5:18 pm

the knee was legal. i paid attention as i was watching live and then on replay. there was no foul. zingano just outlasted and outmuscled miesha.
tate clearly is more skilled fighter but is not juicing enough
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3787

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video)   Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video) EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 6:26 pm

That was a fucking awesome fight man.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10309

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video)   Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video) EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:47 am

Yeah it was a really good fight...super entertaining
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59448

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video)   Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video) EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Yeah I thought it might've been illegal at first, but as soon as I saw the replay I could see that it was clean.

Tate's lucky she has such an amazing body, because I find her constant bitching hard to put up with.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35196

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video)   Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video) EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 2:38 pm

Yeah, and her face isn't getting her many points either.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10309

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video)   Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video) EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 3:43 pm

I disagree...I think she's freaking hot all around...face included.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59448

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video)   Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video) EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 3:53 pm

Yeah I'm with ya. She's got a big nose, but I don't think she's ugly in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video)   Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video) Empty

Back to top Go down

Miesha Tate: Cat Zingano hit me with illegal knee (myth... BUSTED! video)
Page 1 of 1