The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Miesha Tate Not Interested in Rematch with Ronda Rousey Vote_lcapMiesha Tate Not Interested in Rematch with Ronda Rousey Voting_barMiesha Tate Not Interested in Rematch with Ronda Rousey Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Miesha Tate Not Interested in Rematch with Ronda Rousey Vote_lcapMiesha Tate Not Interested in Rematch with Ronda Rousey Voting_barMiesha Tate Not Interested in Rematch with Ronda Rousey Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Miesha Tate Not Interested in Rematch with Ronda Rousey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22857

Miesha Tate Not Interested in Rematch with Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Miesha Tate Not Interested in Rematch with Ronda Rousey   Miesha Tate Not Interested in Rematch with Ronda Rousey EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:23 pm

Miesha Tate (Pictured) was not impressed by her performance (please insert Georges St-Pierre accent). Despite rallying to post a 3rdRound armbar submission victory over Julie Kedzie to rebound from her bantamweight title loss, Tate is in no hurry for a rematch against bitter rival Ronda Rousey.

After watching Rousey bump her professional record to a perfect 6-0 in Saturday’s main event, while collecting another arm in the process, Tate knows she’s got a ways to go before she can legitimately threaten Rousey’s reign.

“Everyone’s saying it was ‘Fight of the Night,’ and I’m very happy it was an entertaining bout, but I personally am not happy with my performance and I definitely don’t think it was a contention-worthy performance,” Tate admitted at the post-fight press conference. “So I’m not going to ask for [a rematch] at this point because I don’t feel that I deserve it.

“I think that I need to take a couple fights and I need a better performance than that. I think that the fans deserve something better and I know I can deliver something better than that. I’m just taking it one step at a time and see where it goes from there.”

Rousey disposed of Sarah Kaufman in merely 54 seconds last night. That stellar showing, parlayed with the fact Kaufman hung a unanimous decision win over Tate in 2009 explains why “Cupcake” is not anxious to tango with Rousey right now.
http://www.5thround.com/126097/miesha-tate-not-interested-in-rematch-with-ronda-rousey/
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5738

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate Not Interested in Rematch with Ronda Rousey   Miesha Tate Not Interested in Rematch with Ronda Rousey EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 2:19 pm

Yeah she did take a beating, swollen face, Kedzie pounded her and Tate didn't have an answer to the standing game. Rousey would take her down hard and fast.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59451

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate Not Interested in Rematch with Ronda Rousey   Miesha Tate Not Interested in Rematch with Ronda Rousey EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 2:28 am

Well honestly, is there anyone at this point that Rousey wouldn't weck?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate Not Interested in Rematch with Ronda Rousey   Miesha Tate Not Interested in Rematch with Ronda Rousey Empty

Back to top Go down

Miesha Tate Not Interested in Rematch with Ronda Rousey
Page 1 of 1