The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
It's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!! Vote_lcapIt's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!! Voting_barIt's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!! Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
It's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!! Vote_lcapIt's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!! Voting_barIt's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!! Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

It's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!!

Go down 
+2
stock
Triggerman99
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

It's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!! Empty
PostSubject: It's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!!   It's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!! EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 7:52 pm

It's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!! Anders10

Quote :
Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva will return to action on Jan. 31 against Nick Diaz in Las Vegas. UFC president Dana White announced the development on SportsCenter on Tuesday.

The 39-year-old Silva has been sidelined since suffering a broken leg in his UFC 168 loss to Chris Weidman on Dec. 28. White expects Silva to return in top form against Diaz.

“I think he will (be as good as he was before the injury). He’s been training. He said his leg feels great. There were a couple of adjustments he needed to make, but other than that he feels good. He’s confident. He’s excited. He’s ready to fight, and more importantly his head is in the right place with that leg. I guess he’s been kicking a lot and he feels good,” said White

On July 24, Diaz inked a new three-fight deal with the UFC ending his pseudo-retirement. Following his UFC 158 loss to then-champion Georges St-Pierre on March 16, 2013, Diaz announced that he was hanging up his gloves. A fight with Silva was enough to entice the Stockton native back to the cage.

“I’d be interested in fighting (Anderson Silva) and anything that’s going to do well,” Diaz told UFC.com after signing the new contract. “As far as Anderson Silva, I think that would be a great fight for people to see because he has my type of style.”

SEE ALSO: Nick Diaz Looking to Make Another Title Run

A win over Silva would put Diaz in the mix for a title shot in the middleweight division.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/signed-sealed-delivered-anderson-silva-vs-nick-diaz-signed-for-early-2015

Metal War! Metal 
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35189

It's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!!   It's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!! EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:43 am

Not going to happen, but holy shit would that be awesome if Diaz went in there and owned him.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

PostSubject: Re: It's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!!   It's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!! EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 10:17 am

Yeah it's weird, they're my two favorite active fighters, so this fight should be bittersweet for me, but it's oddly not. I'm just looking forward to a killer fight, and I don't see any way we don't get that, regardless of who wins.
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31175

PostSubject: Re: It's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!!   It's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!! EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 2:45 pm

Anderson will knock Nick back into retirement...
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15321

PostSubject: Re: It's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!!   It's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!! EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 5:02 pm

3 fights i want to see nick in

1. anderson silva (done)

2. michael bisping ( definitely possible seeing both have shown interests in that fight)

3. Cung le ( just think it would be a good solid fight)
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9480

PostSubject: Re: It's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!!   It's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:10 am

Grey Suit wrote:
Anderson will knock Nick back into retirement...

Oh dear God don't tease me.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10302

PostSubject: Re: It's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!!   It's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 4:20 pm

I honestly don't know how to feel about this fight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!!   It's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!! Empty

Back to top Go down

It's On!!! Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz to headline Super Bowl Weekend UFC 183 card on January 31st!!
Page 1 of 1