The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva Vote_lcapNick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva Voting_barNick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva Vote_lcapNick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva Voting_barNick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva

Go down 
+7
stock
the commie
Triggerman99
Krieger
Grey Suit
DEP
Chrom
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22839

Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva Empty
PostSubject: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 7:19 pm

Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva Nickdi10
Quote :
Forget about a blockbuster bout against UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, Nick Diaz (Pictured) is calling for a shot at middleweight king Anderson Silva. But first things first, that means Diaz intends to return to the sport he claimed he was finished with.

“For the last couple of months, I’ve watched Nick begin to frequent the gym more and more,” Cesar Gracie, Diaz’s longtime manager, posted on his official website Friday evening. ”He’s training harder now than he has for many of his fights. It was obvious that training and fighting is in his DNA. It is who he is.

“This week we had a great talk and he made it clear to me that he is ready to get back to the cage. Nick Diaz will return.”

According to Gracie, Diaz will end his premature retirement and appeal the one-year marijuana suspension the Nevada State Athletic Commission handed him in May. Once the ban is lifted, either through their protest or when his suspension runs its course on February 4th, 2013, Mr. 209 would like to make the jump to middleweight.

“As far as future opponents, Nick has stated that he would like to take fights ‘that matter,’” Gracie added. “Since GSP will be fighting [Carlos] Condit, he has to look elsewhere. He will respectfully ask for a fight with Anderson Silva, a fighter he respects and would like to challenge.

“Silva’s camp has been speaking of a fight with GSP, possibly even at a catch weight. Nick will take that fight in a minute but has told me that should Silva decide not to drop at all, he will move up to 185lbs to face the champ.”

Gracie is scheduled to meet with UFC president Dana White on August 6th to present his plans.

After losing a controversial unanimous decision to Condit at UFC 143, Diaz abruptly called it quits.
source

Metal Metal Metal
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9472

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:29 pm

Quote :
Gracie is scheduled to meet with UFC president Dana White on August 6th to present his plans.

Saying that he "will return" is kinda premature, isn't it? That's a big gap to jump.

I'll believe it when I see it, we never know what the guy's about to do.
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31167

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:14 pm

So he wouldn't fight mayhem at 185 but now he wants silva? Me thinks he is demanding terms that will not happen for a reason.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5720

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:39 am

Come off a drug suspension into a title shot? Welcome to planet Nick.....
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59433

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 1:40 am

Fuck yes!!!

Come on....who wouldn't love to see Diaz dropping his hands in Silva's face and Silva just getting pissed off!?

This fight would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7948

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 1:50 am

im actually very intrigued by this
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35181

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 12:01 pm

I'd be very intrigued by that fight. However, there are just too many guys at 185 in the top 10 that could easily LnP their way to a victory over Diaz.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16378

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 12:51 pm

stock you mat be right but keep in mind diaz is very dangerous off his back
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Oh, I agree. However, he's had problems before in the UFC with good wrestlers/boring fighters... Sherk, Sanchez, Karo. Now granted, that was like 7-8 years ago and assume Nick's TDD has gotten much better.

Don't get me wrong, Nick Diaz is one of my favorite fighters and I will watch him fight in any weight class. I just hate watching him fight guys who do not want to engage. Nick is a fighter and he wants to fight guys who want to throw down and go at it. He gets really frustrated going against guys who are content with a decision of out pointing you with tiny little jabs.
I think a good warmup fight at middleweight would be Leben or Wandy.
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31167

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:45 pm

stock wrote:
I'd be very intrigued by that fight. However, there are just too many guys at 185 in the top 10 that could easily LnP their way to a victory over Diaz.

Really? WW is much more of a LnP division than MW, other than chale what top guys at MW LnP?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 2:16 am

stock wrote:
Oh, I agree. However, he's had problems before in the UFC with good wrestlers/boring fighters... Sherk, Sanchez, Karo. Now granted, that was like 7-8 years ago and assume Nick's TDD has gotten much better.

Don't get me wrong, Nick Diaz is one of my favorite fighters and I will watch him fight in any weight class. I just hate watching him fight guys who do not want to engage. Nick is a fighter and he wants to fight guys who want to throw down and go at it. He gets really frustrated going against guys who are content with a decision of out pointing you with tiny little jabs.
I think a good warmup fight at middleweight would be Leben or Wandy.

You just listed all the best reasons why Diaz should fight Silva.

Let's do it!!!!!
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10294

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:38 am

I'm not a Diaz fan at all. But I'd LOVE to see this fight. Love or hate Diaz there's no denying the guy has phenomenal striking skills. It gets old seeing all these flash in the pan challengers that get completely outclassed by Silva's striking because they had one or two outings where they won a fight and they now get a title shot because there's no one left. How about someone that has proven striking ability....proven over and over and over again.
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5387

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:18 pm

Win fucking Win! Whether it be Anderson getting embarrassed for 5 rounds as Diaz tip taps 500 blows to Anderson's head or Anderson knocking Diaz all the way to dream street, it doesn't matter! Let's do it! Fans want, promoters want it, to hell with the rest. I don't care if it is Diaz's last fight before he fails another drug test. Let's do it!
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:07 am

Ok I'll bite.... Diaz vs Anderson would be a great fight.... if you are a Diaz hater. Sorry but Nick for sure has nothing for Anderson. His pitty pat boxing (which is where most people believe Nick would win) is not going to hurt Silva, he starts out sooooo slow that Anderson's quick hands, long reach will get in so early and hurt Nick so quick it won't get out of the first.

If Nick tries to go to the ground (which we all know he won't) Anderson's legs and ground control off his back will neutralize anything Nick has from the top.

If Nick goes to his submission game (which we all know he won't).... well... Anderson's BJJ "from Brazil, In Brazil, with Brazilians" is (IMO) better than Nick's "Stockton BJJ from the Gracie sales team."

In a nutshell, good fight for fans, good fight for UFC, bad fight for Nick, money fight for Anderson.

I do believe the GSP / Diaz fight would be a better first choice but what the hell .... I'd ppv this one... no really.... I'd pay for it.... in real life... not just stream it... honest!
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:13 am

I agree with that.
However, Nick would fit the bill for the "marketable" fight Silva is bitching for.
A mismatch is all that can happen when you don't want to fight the deserving guys and only guys who will draw a crowd.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:35 am

Yes please!
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:42 am

Yeah I don't think Nick would win but I do think he'd give the fans the fight they want...a standup fight.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:22 am

I think Nick's BJJ is far superior to Silva's, I don't give a damn where they learned it or where they are from. Silva is no ground expert. But I doubt if this fight happens, it would even hit the ground. Silva may drop Diaz, but I doubt he would follow him to the ground. I would assume he would back off and tell Nick to stand up; where there would be far less of a chance for him to lose.

But, this is a fight I wouldn't mind seeing one bit!
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:49 am

Would you pay or stream? I'd pay for this one.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:57 pm

What is this stream you speak of....

lol I would pay for it, for sure.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 1:13 pm

I haven't purchased a PPV in over a year. Given how many shit storm PPVs there have been over the years, it's just not worth the gamble for me.

I am content watching a stream or finding the fights online the following morning. If there were a killer card, I'd be more likely to go to a bar and watch it than drop 60 bones.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:11 pm

Chrom wrote:
What is this stream you speak of....

lol I would pay for it, for sure.

Uh.... no stream.... uh.... .... You are getting sleepy.... you willl remember nothing.... Krieger was never here.... Krieger admitted to NOTHING!
Sleep Sleep Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva Hypnotic+Spiral+Picture Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:19 pm

I'd go to a bar and watch it. I'm done paying for fights...there are far too many of them and like Stock said...it's too much of a gamble as to whether or not it'd be worth it. I still regret paying for Silva/Sonnen II.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:43 pm

Well, I'm a huge Diaz fan, and I agree that Silva would likely win. However, I would still absolutely love to see this fight (possibly because I'm a Silva fan, too).

This would be a fight in the purest sense of the word. Nick would relentlessly come forward, which is exactly what Silva wants. The difference here is that Nick is notoriously difficult to put away. He hasn't been stopped in a fight since the doctor stoppage cut in 2007, and the only other time was a TKO in his 5th pro fight in 2002. However, I do think if any fighter can finish Diaz, it is Anderson Silva. But it would be pure action up until then!

Unless he gets completely thrashed and finished without even mounting any offense, it's a win-win for Diaz.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 4:17 pm

I could see it ending early with Silva winning by a cut caused by an elbow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva   Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva Empty

Back to top Go down

Nick Diaz Will Return to UFC, Calls for Anderson Silva
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next