The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Nick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva" Vote_lcapNick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva" Voting_barNick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva" Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Nick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva" Vote_lcapNick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva" Voting_barNick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva" Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Nick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59448

Nick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva" Empty
PostSubject: Nick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva"   Nick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva" EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:13 pm

Quote :
When the UFC matched up welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre with Nick Diaz for the UFC 158 main event, nearly everyone thought the smack talk leading up to the fight would be epic, particularly from Diaz.

Then St-Pierre started saying things like he wanted the fight with Diaz because he really wanted to shut him up, that “Diaz deserves to be beat down.”

The comments are uncharacteristic of St-Pierre, and Diaz’s reserve has left him being the one more-or-less responding to the champion’s trash talk instead of what most thought would be vice-versa.

Diaz isn’t afraid to speak his mind, but thus far he hasn’t been the “unleashed” version of Nick Diaz that many expected, and he’s actually defended all the chatter that he trash talked his way into this fight.

“I’m the real fighter. The guy that trained karate as a kid, went to the boxing gym, and went to the jiu-jitsu academy,” said Diaz in a recent UFC interview. “I started from 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, by 23 I was fighting No. 1 people in the world.

“I will tell you right now, I want to fight the No. 1 fighter in the world. I have always said that. I want to fight the No. 1 fighter. Georges has never said that. That’s the only thing I’ve ever said negative about Georges.”

It’s a strong criticism, but it’s hardly the epic trash talk he’s often accused of.

“If I were in his place, I would do more,” Diaz continued. “I would be asking for the Anderson Silva fight. I wouldn’t let that blow away. That’s crazy!”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/nick-diaz-on-georges-st-pierre-if-i-were-in-his-place-id-be-asking-for-anderson-silva
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9487

Nick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva"   Nick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva" EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 11:48 pm

Yeah but you're not in his place. He's in his place, you're at the dispensary with Cheeto dust on your shirt.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5735

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva"   Nick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva" EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:39 am

And what promotion would give you Anderson Silva?

Sorry Nick the street thug, pot smoking, rebel non-conformist schtick will finally get you what you want.... isolation from the rest of us square citizens. Problem is even your die-hard nuthuggers will get tired of your juvenile antics and breath a sigh of relief as you fade into history at the bloodied hands of Georges St. Pierre.

Bellator awaits with open arms.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22854

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva"   Nick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva" EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:44 am

DEP wrote:
Yeah but you're not in his place. He's in his place, you're at the dispensary with Cheeto dust on your shirt.

cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12614

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva"   Nick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva" EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:07 am

lol...i dont think what he said was that bad.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9487

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva"   Nick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva" EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 12:34 pm

FistK wrote:
lol...i dont think what he said was that bad.

This time, or the previous 400 times?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59448

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva"   Nick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva" EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:21 pm

^^^
This time.
I mean, he has a point. He did try to get a fight with Silva, and he has always said "I want to fight the best".
Whether or not he deserves to do so is a moot point. He acknowledged that GSP has more credentials (i.e. "If I were in his place"), and if you think he wouldn't fight Silva at the drop of a hat- whether he was in GSP's position or his own current position- you're crazy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva"   Nick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva" Empty

Back to top Go down

Nick Diaz on GSP; "If I were in his place, I'd be asking for Anderson Silva"
Page 1 of 1