The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Carano and rousey could happen in December Vote_lcapCarano and rousey could happen in December Voting_barCarano and rousey could happen in December Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Carano and rousey could happen in December Vote_lcapCarano and rousey could happen in December Voting_barCarano and rousey could happen in December Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Carano and rousey could happen in December

Go down 
+4
Triggerman99
norcalmatt
samger2
Gecko
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15324

Carano and rousey could happen in December Empty
PostSubject: Carano and rousey could happen in December   Carano and rousey could happen in December EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 3:04 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/dana-white-says-ronda-rousey-will-defend-against-gina-carana-in-december-if-carano-inks-ufc-deal-181348421.html

If Gina inks in the deal this fight will happen in December. I like the fight but i would love it a lot more if Gina had 2 warm up fights first.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/dana-white-says-ronda-rousey-will-defend-against-gina-carana-in-december-if-carano-inks-ufc-deal-181348421.html
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10305

PostSubject: Re: Carano and rousey could happen in December   Carano and rousey could happen in December EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 7:06 pm

I wouldn't even remotely want to see this fight. Gina is freaking hot, but she's not even close to the fighter Rousey is. Rousey would shame her....badly.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16389

PostSubject: Re: Carano and rousey could happen in December   Carano and rousey could happen in December EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:35 pm

Yeah, I smell a pay day for Gina....I hate to say it but this fight won't even be close......unless Gina has secretly been training this whole time and really working on anti judo and armbar defence.......but hey, cash in while you still can, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59444

PostSubject: Re: Carano and rousey could happen in December   Carano and rousey could happen in December EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 11:50 am

I don't really get it.
I mean if Gina wants to genuinely get back into MMA and try ro make some kind of run, it's just plain stupid to jump right in there with the reigning, dominant champ. Why not take a warmup fight or two and get some momentum?
On the other hand, if its for money, couldn't she get a bigger payday by making movies like she's already doing? I'd imagine with the expenses of training and everything else, the juice wouldn't be worth the squeeze when compared to the money made from doing another movie.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35192

PostSubject: Re: Carano and rousey could happen in December   Carano and rousey could happen in December EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 12:03 pm

It really doesn't matter.
Rousey is a decade ahead of her time in women's MMA, and nobody will ever be competitive with her at 135 while she chooses to fight.
The only way to keep it exciting is to find entertainment value in other ways.
Hey, people recognize Gina and she's good looking. Let's make this fight happen.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Carano and rousey could happen in December   Carano and rousey could happen in December EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 5:52 pm

I already dislike Rousey enough. Watching her beat the absolute living piss out of Carano's fine ass would only serve to make me dislike her that much more.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22850

PostSubject: Re: Carano and rousey could happen in December   Carano and rousey could happen in December EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 11:07 am

Face Palm  I'm a fan of both of these fighters... But Gina getting an immediate title shot while others who earned a shot sit and wait... Bull Shit!
I get it from a "Big Money Fight" standpoint, for the UFC... But at the same time it delegitimizes the title a bit too. Especially if Gina somehow wins.
So basically aside from UFC making shit tons of cash on this PPV, this fight is absolutely nonsense.

StrikeForce 2.0
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Carano and rousey could happen in December   Carano and rousey could happen in December EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 1:32 pm

Yeah every time someone brings up the whole "why does Carano get to jump to the front of the line?" point, Dana or Rousey always fall back on this justification that they invented about how Carano pioneered women's MMA and she's a big reason why it is what it is today and blah blah blah and that's why she deserves a title shot.
It's such an idiotic stance to take that I can't even believe they can say it without going "DERP!!!" right after.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35192

PostSubject: Re: Carano and rousey could happen in December   Carano and rousey could happen in December EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 4:02 pm

Let's be honest with ourselves though. Any Rousey fight is nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5731

PostSubject: Re: Carano and rousey could happen in December   Carano and rousey could happen in December EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 6:24 pm

Money is the best reason, this fight would be a huge draw, people want to see it.
End of the day Rhonda beats the crap outta Gina, we all shed tears and wait for the next fight that at least gives us some desire to see.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7959

PostSubject: Re: Carano and rousey could happen in December   Carano and rousey could happen in December EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 11:24 pm

yeah ronda will destroy MY carano. Yes, mine!
at least Gina has better acting chops. as i can tell from the trailer, ronda come from the famous steven seagal school of acting, that is, to stare intently into the camera until it seems like you are taking a dump.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Carano and rousey could happen in December   Carano and rousey could happen in December EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 2:49 pm

Yeah it's probably better for Ronda's acting career if she does just keep it simple and Seagal it up a little. She's much more tolerable when she's just smiling and doing her athletic thing, but as soon as she opens her mouth and starts talking I instantly am over it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carano and rousey could happen in December   Carano and rousey could happen in December Empty

Back to top Go down

Carano and rousey could happen in December
Page 1 of 1