The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!- Vote_lcapHenderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!- Voting_barHenderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!- Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!- Vote_lcapHenderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!- Voting_barHenderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!- Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!-

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59433

Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!- Empty
PostSubject: Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!-   Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!- EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 2:23 am

Generally good fights, but did no one take issue with Henderson's 4 illegal blows to the back of Shogun's head for the finish?! I mean I realize Shogun was already in a bad way and probably not going to recover, but seriously- there were 4 blatant illegal shots to end that fight. I just have a hard time accepting that.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7948

PostSubject: Re: Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!-   Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!- EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 3:51 am

i didnt notice the shots being illegal. id have to rewatch it but shogun was pretty much done. otherwise, this fight has left a unsatisfying taste in me. i like both fighters but ive liked hendo for longer so i was rooting for him a bit more but wouldnt have been upset if shogun won. that being said, hendo stunk up the place. he was so fucking slow. got rocked at least twice in a bad way because shogun was seeing everything he was about to do and was countering faster than hendo could react. that last shot that broke shoguns face was a desperate and lucky shot, without it hendo was being dominated. kinda sucks for shogun. and its time for hendo to retire, but of course, he wont and will get knocked out a couple of times more before it all ends.
the rest of the fights were meh, i was bored. kind of glad cezar fereira got ko'd. he annoys me lol.
maldonado's fight was good too, that guys head is filled with cement.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10294

PostSubject: Re: Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!-   Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!- EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 7:54 am

overall decent night. That flying knee KO was brilliant...definitely my favorite shot of the night
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!-   Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!- EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 10:48 am

Oh, and Santos vs Parke was quite possibly the most boring fight I've seen in years. I'm glad it was a draw because neither guy deserved to win that one.

Jason Vs Siler was quite possibly the worst early stoppage I've seen in years. Usually the commentators will tend to side with the ref, but even one of them said it was early and pointed out how Siler was on the offense immediately after he fell to the canvas and was asking the ref not to stop the fight.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!-   Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!- EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 10:50 am

the commie wrote:
i didnt notice the shots being illegal. id have to rewatch it but shogun was pretty much done. otherwise, this fight has left a unsatisfying taste in me. i like both fighters but ive liked hendo for longer so i was rooting for him a bit more but wouldnt have been upset if shogun won. that being said, hendo stunk up the place. he was so fucking slow. got rocked at least twice in a bad way because shogun was seeing everything he was about to do and was countering faster than hendo could react. that last shot that broke shoguns face was a desperate and lucky shot, without it hendo was being dominated. kinda sucks for shogun. and its time for hendo to retire, but of course, he wont and will get knocked out a couple of times more before it all ends.
the rest of the fights were meh, i was bored. kind of glad cezar fereira got ko'd. he annoys me lol.
maldonado's fight was good too, that guys head is filled with cement.
Yeah, I'd suggest watching the main event again. Like I said, Shogun was already in trouble, and I can't really blame the ref for not breaking it up at that time and penalizing Henderson, but all four of the shots on the ground after Shogun dropped were directly and fully to the back of the head.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35181

PostSubject: Re: Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!-   Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!- EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 11:10 am

So from what I saw (I missed the first 2 minutes), looked like Hendu through 15 enourmouse right hands and caught nothing but air on 14 of them.
Nice eyes closed huge lucky right hook on a breakaway.

Was really hoping Shogun could have finished a couple of those shots. I like watching Shogun fight. I cannot think of one guy I'd like to watch 42 year old Hendu fight. Maybe a Wanderlei rematch retirement fight?
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!-   Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!- EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 11:28 am

Yes, that is pretty much what happened. Slow and telegraphed...and then he gets a lucky shot that makes Shoguns nose literally go crooked.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!-   Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!- EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 2:23 pm

Shogun should have finished this fight in the first like 3 different times. It was almost like he didn't want to burn himself out or something. I can understand taking that approach once after a flash knockdown, but after you rock him for the second time in less than 2 minutes, you gotta unleash hell and try to put the fight away.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16378

PostSubject: Re: Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!-   Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!- EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 12:52 pm

^^^yep he gave the fight away by not going for the stoppage by the second set of rockings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!-   Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!- Empty

Back to top Go down

Henderson/Shogun 2 discussion topic -Spoilers!!!-
Page 1 of 1