The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg Vote_lcapChris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg Voting_barChris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg Vote_lcapChris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg Voting_barChris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg Empty
PostSubject: Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg   Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 4:23 pm

Quote :
According to this Break.com clip from UFC 168 of Chris Weidman's corner, seconds after Anderson Silva breaks his leg over Chris Weidman's now infamous knee check, you can hear his corner actually say 'good, f*** him, good.' Now it's important to note that the statement was made before it was revealed on the replay that Anderson Silva brutally shattered his shin, so perhaps they were just exuberant over the fact that the technique Ray Longo taught Weidman actually caused damage. See for yourself.

Can't get the video to embed, but just click the link to see/hear it. It's at about the :20 mark.

http://middleeasy.com/fighting/item/12601-chris-weidman-s-corner-says-good-f-him-after-anderson-silva-breaks-his-leg-at-ufc-168

Classy bunch of dudes, right there.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7968

Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg   Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:14 pm

well, thats just pathetic
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg   Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 3:05 am

Yeah, I saw that Matt Serra has confessed that it was him who said it, and tried to actually justify it by explaining that they use the word fuck a lot, but it's pretty obvious that when you say "Good, fuck him. Good" you mean it in a malicious way.

I'm a Matt Serra fan, but this is pretty shitty stuff right here. I can't help but lose a little respect for him.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg   Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 6:29 am

Not sticking up for them at all, but it does say that he said it before he knew that Anderson's leg was as severely broken as it was.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg   Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 9:56 am

Not a Matt Sera fan at all, this doesn't surprise me at all, Matt Sera and his crew low class... no surprise at all.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg   Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 10:26 am

boston
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg   Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 11:33 am

Long Island.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg   Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 11:37 pm

i dont know about that whole, it was before he knew the severity of the damage, argument. i was watching it on a laptop screen and as soon as it happened i knew what it was and flashes of corey hill went before my eyes. these assholes were 5 meters away (just felt like using normal, logical units lol)

plus, even if he didnt know exactly the level of damage, he knew it was enough to warrant the phrase "good, fuck him"
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg   Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 3:01 am

Yeah, I've been trying to maintain some level if objectivity about this, but Weidman was almost already on lap two around the cage when Serra said what he said. I'll concede that he maybe didn't realize Silva's leg was completely snapped in half, but he knew Silva was hurt badly. There's no doubt about that, IMO. I really don't see any possible argument that he was oblivious and was simply cheering for his boy. There was clearly some level of malice on his reaction.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg   Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 pm

Yeah who knows if he knew or not.  I take him at his word that he didn't but who knows.  Its plausible either way.

I just know that I have said way worse shit to my buddies for various reasons (shock value, to be funny, cuz i have a potty mouth, etc), so I'm certainly not going to get hung up in the fact that he said something like that at the time that he did it when he didnt know anyone would hear it but his friend.

It would be different if he proclaimed it at the post fight presser or someting.

I dont know seems kind of tabloidy to me. Kind of surprised it has garnished as much conversation as it has.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg   Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 1:18 pm

Yeah, I'd be surprised if there is anyone out there that's said things (under the assumption they are not being recorded) that they would not be embarrassed about if it were put online for everyone to hear.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg   Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 1:33 pm

There is so many things wrong with giving Serra any wiggle room on this. It was a low class douchbag thing to say end of story. What would motivate Serra to say "Good fuck him!" to a severe potentially career ending injury like this, or a KO, or a twisted knee, or whatever? The only thing that would motivate that sort of douchbag statement is being a douchbag.

The guy isn't even a fighter anymore (not that he ever was) he's just a sweaty bag wiper reliving what little glory he can through someone else. At least say dumb shit like that to Andersons face. Even with a broken leg he'd still kick Serra's ass.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg   Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 4:47 pm

I've said stuff like this to my friends, too. But if it got out that I said it and everybody knew about it, I wouldn't be surprised if people said I was acting like a douchebag, because I was.

Now, with that said, I know I can be a dick sometimes, but I don't think I've ever said "Good, fuck him" when a guy clearly injured himself (like I said, I'm not saying Serra knew the extent of the injury, be he definitely knew there was an injury; that's obvious). That was just a little far for my taste. If the shoe was on the other foot and Silva's corner said this after Weidman got the injury, I couldn't even imagine the level of outrage.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg   Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 4:21 am

there is no excuse for being malicious.
its one thing to say something like that to your friend when you are sparring, before it happens. then its a joke in a competitive spirit and maybe bad taste. i dont imagine myself ever feeling like any of my opponents in sports deserve that let alone saying that out loud after it happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg   Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Weidman's corner caught on tape saying "Good, f**k him!" after Silva breaks his leg
Page 1 of 1