The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva Vote_lcapChris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva Voting_barChris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva Vote_lcapChris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva Voting_barChris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59431

Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva Empty
PostSubject: Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva   Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva EmptyWed May 15, 2013 5:12 pm

[youtube][/youtube]

http://www.bjpenn.com/chris-weidman-impersonates-anderson-silva/
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22837

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva   Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva EmptyWed May 15, 2013 5:25 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10292

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva   Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:10 pm

I'm still not impressed
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva   Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:44 pm

Yeah, that was kind of a weak attempt. Just do the falsetto, dainty-lady voice? Come on man, that's the best you can do? lol
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12597

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva   Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva EmptyFri May 17, 2013 6:42 am

Haters gonna hate...
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva   Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:05 am

I'll gladly put myself in the hater category when it comes to Weidman...I just can't get on the Weidman train yet...just can't do it. I think this fight will be a joke, he has a punchers chance at best. And if that punchers chance pulls through I'll eat buckets of crow...and then wait for his first title defense...which will inevitably be a rematch with Silva...because Silva has obviously earned that...and watch how the REAL fight should've gone down with Silva beating him down within the first 3 minutes of round one.

WOW...did I just forshadow the next two fights in Silva's career??
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva   Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:11 am

Haha, you are entitled to your opinion buddy. I think it's gonna be a good scrap (but there is always the potential for a one sided beatdown from Silva can't deny that).

But when I said "haters gonna hate" that was more along the lines of people criticizing anything someone does because they don't like him for some reason.

Like Bisping can donate 100k to a children's hospital and some people will say "douchebag probably needs a tax write off" lol

Weidman pretty much gave a fun interview here as best he could and those who like him lol'd and those that dont found fault in something. I like him because I like his style of fighting so far and also he seems like one of the fellas to me. Like someone I could hang with at the bar, haha.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva   Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:16 am

I can certainly appreciate that man. I don't hate his interview...it made me chuckle...I just don't think he's a threat to the title.

Also...I'm a little jealous of his impression air time...because I've been told by my wife and friends that I do a pretty funny Silva impression haha...I want my 15 minutes of fame!!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva   Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:53 am

Jesus, you and trigger really don't like Wiedman... IDK why... the guy has done nothing but win and against top competitors and on short notice at that. Plus he has shown just about %0 douchiness his entire career. I just don't understand the hate. Also, a punchers chance, I would give him not. He has a grapplers chance.... and since it's against the guy, with quite possibly the worst wrestling in the history of the UFC, I would say that chance is a very large one.

I can't wait for this fight. So many people are writing Chris off like he pulled a Chael and talked his way into this fight... and he doesn't even deserve to be in there with Silva. I can only say this to those folks: Stop drinking all the Kool-Aid, a little is ok... but a lot of people are overdosing on it....
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva   Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva EmptyFri May 17, 2013 10:02 am

I guess I can't really explain the hate. And quite frankly I DO think he talked his way into a title shot...partially. And the horseshit of saying that Silva is ducking me...that's where I got turned off...saying that the most dominant champion of all time is "ducking" an up and comer because he beat up on Mark Munoz. I don't think acting this way for Silva can be considered "drinking the kool-aid". Drinking the kool-aid would be letting Chael talk his way into making you believe that he can beat Silva...and backing that statement 100% when all he's done is lose to him more than once...that's drinking the kool-aid. Silva has proven time and time and time and time and time again that he is one bad ass emmer effer...so there's really no kool-aid drinking in that regard.

Just my .02
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva   Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva EmptyFri May 17, 2013 10:18 am

Face Palm Explain to me how he "talked his way into a title shot" I see a lot of people claiming this. But with nothing to back it up. Who else should be fighting Silva? I think the #1 contender is probably the right choice.

Silva and his people both made multiple statements about how they didn't want Silva fighting Weidman. Thats an attempt to duck a fight. No matter what reason is given, whether it be "I'm too scared to fight him." or "He's not on my level and he's a kid."

No matter which verbiage was used or what the true reasoning was. Silva and his pr team were trying to weasel out of fighting Weidman. There is no denying that.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva   Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva EmptyFri May 17, 2013 11:11 am

Yeah I kind of agree with Chrom on this one.

I don't see how what Weidman did was saying that the greatest fighter of all time was a can crusher or anything, but I do see what he said what he did and understood his frustration.

Wediman was CLEARLY the number one contender. There was nobody else. Bisping had lost, Munoz lost to Weidman etc. The UFC then said Weidman was the #1 contender and Weidman would be getting the next fight. Then Silva's team came out with "Weidman is not ready to fight us and the fight wouldn't be hyped enough. We would rather fight Luke Rockhold from Strikeforce." At that point Weidman was like "ok wtf?" And it wasnt like he called Silva a piece of shit or anything he just said "he doesnt want to fight me" It would be more understandable if Silva said he was going to fight Jon Jones or something, but Luke fucking Rockhold. That's shit.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva   Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva EmptySat May 18, 2013 2:52 am

Wow, I'm really surprised/dissapointed with Chrom and Fistk's responses here.

I guess my sarcasm wasn't clear enough.
I honestly created this thread and then commented on it in a very over-the-top critical way out of pure sarcasm.

I always make sure I point out when I feel Silva is being unjustly criticized by people on this site for some irrelevant, ridiculously insignificant quote or act that he partakes in. So I thought that I would post an interview of Weidman where he says something irrelevant/insignificant and then overly critisize it, just for laughs.

You guys took this way too seriously.
lol!

Sorry about that! LOL
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva   Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva EmptySat May 18, 2013 3:14 pm

And just to clarify;

I'm not writing off Weidman in this fight, and I don't "hate" him. I do hate that every single guy who fights Silva over the last 4 years has been portrayed to be "that guy" by the Silva haters- the guy who is going to finally expose Silva and destroy him, and now the same thing is being done for Weidman. I get that people are tired of seeing Silva win and don't like him for whatever reason, but it's really not that far of a stretch to say that Weidman doesn't rightfully deserve to be fighting him. To act like it's unfair to say that is........well, unfair.

But again, I was joking when I criticized Weiman's Silva impression. I was just demonstrating how silly it sounds to be so critical of someone for such a simple little thing. Didn't mean for this to turn into a Weidman/Silva fight debate thread.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva   Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva EmptySat May 18, 2013 4:27 pm

Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva J7Qz3kL

Wait... what... in the past four years Silva fought
Stephan Bonnar
Yushin Okami
Vitor Belfort
Chael Sonnen
Demian Maia
Forrest Griffin

The only one who was dubbed the guy that could dethrone Silva was Sonnen. Due to his crazy wrestling skills. Which is the same reason Weidman has the best shot now. He has a great ground game, both Wrestling and BJJ. He is essentially a Chael who can finish. The rest of those guys were never assumed to have more than a punchers chance or lucky sub by the vast majority of fans and fighters.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva   Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva EmptySun May 19, 2013 2:40 am

Ehh, I'm not so sure about that.

Okami was being pimped as an improved fighter who trained with Sonnen to exploit Silva's weakneses (Admittedly, to a point; while there were those who thought Okami had a genuine chance, there were an equal amount who said "no way in hell").

And Vitor was being advertised as a guy could match Silva's speed and therefore give him a real fight on the feet.

But I will concede that Sonnen was the one who people thought really, truly could give Silva a real fight. And he did. Which is probably the reason why people think Weidman can do the same thing. But don't forget one thing;

Silva is not easy to take down.
It's fun to say that Silva has no TDD, but it's not true. The only fighter to ever take Silva down at will was Sonnen, and he's a top-flight, world-class wrestler.
Is Weidman as good a wrestler as Sonnen? And if he's not, will he be able to take Silva down at will?

My guess is no.........and no.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva   Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva EmptyTue May 21, 2013 6:53 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
Wow, I'm really surprised/dissapointed with Chrom and Fistk's responses here.

I guess my sarcasm wasn't clear enough.
I honestly created this thread and then commented on it in a very over-the-top critical way out of pure sarcasm.

I always make sure I point out when I feel Silva is being unjustly criticized by people on this site for some irrelevant, ridiculously insignificant quote or act that he partakes in. So I thought that I would post an interview of Weidman where he says something irrelevant/insignificant and then overly critisize it, just for laughs.

You guys took this way too seriously.
lol!

Sorry about that! LOL

We weren't talking to you dopey...lol

The back and forth was with Sam. Did ya miss the whole haters gonna hate back and forth? haha Wink
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva   Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva EmptyTue May 21, 2013 7:53 am

It's terrible of me to have started this and now I just sit back and watch...haha.

No...to be honest I don't really base any of my Weidman hate on anything other than the dude just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. Don't know why...don't have any facts to back it up.

I will say I'm with Trigger...it gets a little old hearing about how every contender is "the guy to dethrone Silva"...heck I even remember the arguments for how Griffin was gonna be the one..."everyone is afraid of Silva, Forrest won't be afraid, he'll mix it up with him, he'll be the one that finally brings it to Silva and forces him to defend his belt and fight!"...yeah we see how far that got Forrest.

I like Silva...I think he's a great champion, I'm not sick of seeing him win, I want him to be the first champion in UFC history to retire undefeated. Not trying to take anything away from Weidman but I don't think he's the guy that's gonna change that. I don't think he's anywhere near Silva's level physically or mentally.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva   Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva EmptyTue May 21, 2013 9:34 am

samger2 wrote:
It's terrible of me to have started this and now I just sit back and watch...haha.

No...to be honest I don't really base any of my Weidman hate on anything other than the dude just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. Don't know why...don't have any facts to back it up.

I will say I'm with Trigger...it gets a little old hearing about how every contender is "the guy to dethrone Silva"...heck I even remember the arguments for how Griffin was gonna be the one..."everyone is afraid of Silva, Forrest won't be afraid, he'll mix it up with him, he'll be the one that finally brings it to Silva and forces him to defend his belt and fight!"...yeah we see how far that got Forrest.

I like Silva...I think he's a great champion, I'm not sick of seeing him win, I want him to be the first champion in UFC history to retire undefeated. Not trying to take anything away from Weidman but I don't think he's the guy that's gonna change that. I don't think he's anywhere near Silva's level physically or mentally.

Well it's a totally fair assessment if Weidman just rubs you the wrong way dude. I can understand that. I have people that do the same to me. He seems pretty cool to me, but im sure there are guys that rub me the wrong way that others find cool too, so I hear ya on that.

I don't get being sick of hearing someone might dethrone Silva though. It would be pretty boring if we all just said *yawn* another guy who has no chance against Silva. Why even bother with tthe fight, haha.

For the record I always thought Forrest was going to get totally decimated by Silva, haha. I don't see how anyone could think a pillow fist with no ground game was going to be the answer to Silva lol.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva   Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva EmptyTue May 21, 2013 10:22 am

I guess I AM at that point where everyone they put against Silva I go "*yawn* another guy who has no chance against Silva"...because that's exactly how 99.9% of his fights in the UFC have gone. I know at some point someone will take him out...it was like when Lidell was so dominant...non one could figure out WHO was gonna end his reign...Rampage came in and got lucky. And yes...he got lucky. He was not the better fighter than Chuck...he was just in his head, because he was one of the two guys that defeated Chuck in the past. But that's neither here nor there...my point is someone is going to "get lucky" by beating Anderson...I don't believe that anyone out there is going to come in and out do him at anything...it'll be a punchers chance getting that chance.

As far as Forrest...I never thought he was going to win...I did however think he was going to make it a scrap and an entertaining fight...I never for a second thought he was going to get humiliated in the way he did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva   Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Weidman impersonates Anderson Silva
Page 1 of 1