The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170 Vote_lcapRonda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170 Voting_barRonda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170 Vote_lcapRonda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170 Voting_barRonda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22853

Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170 Empty
PostSubject: Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170   Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 3:38 pm

Ronda Rousey is coming fresh off a victory against her rival Miesha Tate at UFC 168. The bout won Fight of the Night honors and Rousey earned an extra $75,000 for ending the fight with the most impressive submission of the night, which was an armbar (of course).

Not even two hours after her hand was raised, Rousey has been assigned another opponent.

Sara McMann will be facing Ronda Rousey for the UFC Women’s Bantamweight Championship in February. Dana White made the announcement during the UFC 168 Post Fight Press Conference. White confirmed that the bout will headline UFC 170.

Rousey mentioned White had approached her about the possibility before her fight with Tate even took place. She stated, “I’ve taken such a long time off I feel like I want to fight again— I don’t want to sit on the shelf. I’m in the best shape of my life now so I feel like it’d be the perfect time to go back to back. I’m still hungry and this is what I love to do. Hopefully I’ll have another good show for you guys very soon.”
- See more at: http://www.bjpenn.com/ronda-rousey-vs-sara-mcmann-will-headline-ufc-170/#sthash.OzyoWYUt.dpuf
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10308

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170   Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 6:10 pm

What sucks about women being in the UFC now is I just cannot get excited for seeing most of them fight...because I have no clue who any of them are.

Now Cyborg throwing Ronda around and bloodying her up a bit would excite me.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59447

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170   Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 8:07 pm

I'd be excited to see Ronda get her ass kicked all over the cage because of how much of a piece of shit person she is, but yeah, I don't know enough about this chick to know if she standas any chance of doing that. I know McCann is a former Olympian, but that's about it. She could have silvered in Badminton for all I know.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7962

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170   Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 8:22 pm

a silver medalist in wrestling. she might have a chance if she learnt some subs and armbar defense and has the stamina to go the distance. ronda wore tate out, that wasnt even an armbar that she beat her with.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3786

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170   Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 8:52 pm

Yeah McMann was an Olympic silver medalist who's undefeated, she fought that German fighter (think her name was Shiela Gaff) who unwisely charged the Olympian got taken down and ended up getting finished in the mounted crucifix, which left an impression on me. A lot of people have been seeing her as a prospect, who could possibly match or even outmatch Rousey in the grappling department.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170   Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 10:08 pm

I'd say if she can defend an armbar she's golden
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170   Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 2:57 am

I think that's a pretty fair assessment, but also one that every single one of her opponents made prior to fighting her. It's one thing to know it, and a whole different thing to do it. With that said, McCann might be the one who can actually follow through with it. Like they always say; a great wrestling background is the great equalizer (or something like that- you know what I meant). Her wrestling skills could be the great equalizer that we haven't seen yet against Rousey.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170   Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 8:06 am

I don't think Tate tried to avoid it...all she wanted to do was clinch with Rousey and try to take her down. Her game plan made no sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170   Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 6:30 pm

I just thought of something; where the hell did Cat Zingano's promised shot at the winner of Tate/Rousey go?
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3786

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170   Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 9:02 pm

I think she still has a title shot guaranteed, but since she won't be back for awhile they want to keep Rousey an active champion, apparently (what I've gotten from some news) Ronda didn't like how inactive she was because of TUF.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170   Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann to Headline UFC 170
Page 1 of 1