The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Dana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC" Vote_lcapDana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC" Voting_barDana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC" Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Dana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC" Vote_lcapDana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC" Voting_barDana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC" Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Dana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

Dana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC" Empty
PostSubject: Dana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC"   Dana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC" EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 2:51 am

Quote :
I love Uriah Hall. I have a great relationship with this kid. He’s one of the nicest human beings you can ever meet. He’s not a fighter, man. If I could take Brad Pickett’s brain and heart and put it inside Uriah Hall’s body, holy shit there would be some damage done, because Uriah Hall has all the physical attributes to be amazing. He’s got speed, he’s got power, he’s unbelievable. He doesn’t have what it mentally takes to fight here. You know what I mean? It’s a mental thing. He was this killer on TUF, and then he comes into the big show where it really matters and this is going to make your livelihood and everything else, and he turns into this different person. This super nice guy. He was telling me after the Kelvin fight ‘I really like him, he’s a really nice guy". OK, well that really nice guy just took everything ****ing thing you ever wanted. Do you get what I’m saying, does that make sense to you? I guess it doesn’t make sense to him.”

http://www.bjpenn.com/1dana-white-on-uriah-hall-he-doesnt-have-what-it-mentally-takes-to-fight-here/
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5728

PostSubject: Re: Dana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC"   Dana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC" EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:52 pm

Does not bode well for your career when the boss says he doesn't think you have what it takes.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35189

PostSubject: Re: Dana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC"   Dana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC" EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 3:24 pm

I kept waiting for some explosiveness from Hall in that fight. He threw one spinning back kick which Howard saw from a mile away. Then, there was nothing after that.
Rogan made a good point during the fight to "make no mistake. If Howard had a chance to fight the 3 guys Hall dismantled in the house, you would have had a similar outcome."
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

PostSubject: Re: Dana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC"   Dana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC" EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Hall most certainly had more hype coming out of TUF than he realistically should have, but there does still seem to be something off about him since he debuted in the UFC.
He looked much more fluid and confident in his TUF fights, and he now seems like he's afraid to let it loose or something, like he's scared of the big stage.

Remember, he was a bit of a head case in the TUF house, and now he doesn't have Chael to hit him with an epic pep-talk. I think if he just settles down and gets his head on straight, he will be able to make a little noise.

If.......
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12607

PostSubject: Re: Dana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC"   Dana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC" EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 7:00 am

I agree with Dana...I am not sure that he is too nice, but he definitely seems to lack the killer instinct. He's just not aggressive enough.

I still think he can be successful...Guys like Machida have made it by not being successful, but he needs to change his style.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7956

PostSubject: Re: Dana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC"   Dana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC" EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 2:35 pm

FistK wrote:
I agree with Dana...I am not sure that he is too nice, but he definitely seems to lack the killer instinct.  He's just not aggressive enough.

I still think he can be successful...Guys like Machida have made it by not being successful, but he needs to change his style.
umm, you mean aggressive? Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12607

PostSubject: Re: Dana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC"   Dana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC" EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 2:39 pm

the commie wrote:

FistK wrote:
I agree with Dana...I am not sure that he is too nice, but he definitely seems to lack the killer instinct.  He's just not aggressive enough.

umm, you mean aggressive? Very Happy 
We are correcting typos now? MMA Purist 

lol...yes i meant aggressive...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC"   Dana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC" Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana White- "Uriah Hall doesn't have what it takes to fight in the UFC"
Page 1 of 1