The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Dana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200" Vote_lcapDana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200" Voting_barDana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200" Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Dana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200" Vote_lcapDana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200" Voting_barDana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200" Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Dana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59433

Dana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200" Empty
PostSubject: Dana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200"   Dana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200" EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 4:18 pm

Quote :
With Jon Jones pulled from his UFC 200 main event rematch with Daniel Cormier due to a potential anti-doping violation, the focus has shifted to whether or not Cormier will get a new opponent.

UFC president Dana White gave a definitive answer to that query on Thursday’s edition of The Herd on FS1.

“Cormier will fight this weekend,” he declared.

While White had that answer, he didn’t yet have an answer to the next logical question. Who will Cormier fight?

There are numerous fighters that have thrown their names into the hat to replace Jones. Chief among the names shot out on Twitter on Thursday were the likes of middleweight champion Michael Bisping and former Strikeforce champion Gegard Mousasi. MMAWeekly.com sources also indicated that Anderson Silva was in consideration.

“There’s tons of guys that are interested. We’ll get a fight done,” White said, though he immediately shot down the idea of Bisping.

“Let me tell you what Bisping does in his off season. When Bisping’s not training, Bisping goes on a bender. He’s in no condition to go fight Daniel Cormier.”

Despite a plethora of other items already on the agenda for Thursday and with UFC Fight Night 90 taking place in the evening, White was optimistic that Cormier would have a new opponent for this weekend. And he hoped to get a deal done sooner rather than later, as time is running out.

“Hopefully later today,” he said for a potential Cormier fight announcement. “I’m working on it now.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/dana-white-daniel-cormier-will-fight-at-ufc-200

Wow this is rather surprising! Usually getting a replacement fighter two weeks out is tough, so if they can pull this off in two days that's pretty impressive.

On a side note, the comment about Bisping being on a bender made me literally LOL. Just the image of drunk Bisping in the other room yelling "I'll fight that guy! I'll fight him right now!!" and Dana being like "Michael, stop. Just go to bed."
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10241

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200"   Dana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200" EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 11:01 pm

Anderson silva vs dc.....

dc is going to kill him

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200"   Dana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200" EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 3:42 pm

Dana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200" Tumblr_n64lu8G4aw1tugoyjo1_400

I fear we'll be seeing a lot of this for poor Silva.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35181

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200"   Dana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200" EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 3:53 pm

Silva's only chance is to come out there and blow his wad with some crazy bruce lee shit, and come away with a flash brilliant KO.

If this turns into a battle of strength or conditioning, it is going to be a long miserable fight for Silva.
If DC is smart, he won't pussy-foot around and let Silva get off some strikes. He'll just close the distance immediately.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10241

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200"   Dana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200" EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 10:34 am

dc is a snoozer. I hate watching that guy fight. I understand it was a switch at the last minute but he could have went for a little excitement for the crowd.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16378

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200"   Dana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200" EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 12:02 pm

and is it just me or does dc always sound like hes about to start balling?.....or sounds like hes super defensive in interviews......I guess it could be because he knows hes not a crowd favorite and that he has a blemish with his belt in the fact he never really beat the champ to earn his belt(I'm not saying hes not the real champ at all) and now its looking like he may not be able to fix that blemish....but ffs does he really not understand why he gets boos when fighting a guy 20lbs lighter than him who came off no camp in 2 days notice and then proceeds to dry hump the victory......dude is sooooo insecure for a champion with 1 loss.....I hope someone just starches him bisping hbomb style....not because I want to see him hurt but because I hope it makes him a little less safe of a fighter with no belt to protect.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200"   Dana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200" EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 2:01 pm

Yeah me and my friends were outright standing up in front of the TV, screaming, and giving him the finger for the majority of that fight. lol!!

The only time he actually tried to "fight" Silva was near the end of the 3rd round, and Silva started lighting him up. But of course Silva was completely gassed out at that point and Cormier just went "Oh nonononono!!!!!" and immediately took him back down again.

That was the most chickenshit gameplan he could've employed. He literally did as little "fighting" as possible against a guy taking the fight on 3 days notice and who he outweighed at fight time by probably 30 lbs or more.

Congratulations DC. Now go cry some more about how nobody likes you and you can't figure out why.
The Finger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200"   Dana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200" Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana White: "Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200"
Page 1 of 1