The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
I have found Kimbo's next opponent Vote_lcapI have found Kimbo's next opponent Voting_barI have found Kimbo's next opponent Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
I have found Kimbo's next opponent Vote_lcapI have found Kimbo's next opponent Voting_barI have found Kimbo's next opponent Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

I have found Kimbo's next opponent

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

I have found Kimbo's next opponent Empty
PostSubject: I have found Kimbo's next opponent   I have found Kimbo's next opponent EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 6:28 pm

This was at the same event that the Dominage fighter was in.

Quote :
FARGO – A Cedar Falls, Iowa, boxer has been suspended indefinitely after taking an apparent fall at a boxing event in West Fargo.

Al Jaeger, the North Dakota Secretary of State who also acts as the state’s combative sports commissioner, said video review of Nicholas Capes’ fight with Ray Edwards clearly shows Capes wasn’t hit.

“As we move ahead, we’ll take appropriate action as the investigation review unfolds,” Jaeger said.

Capes was a last-minute replacement for a couple of no-shows, said event promoter Cory Rapacz, who called the fall “embarrassing and unfortunate.”

“Once we put two fighters in the ring, we cannot control what they do,” Rapacz said. “It’s up to the state commission to punish him.”

Rapacz said Capes got into town around midnight Friday and weighed in Saturday morning for the event at the West Fargo Fairgrounds.

“I don’t think he saw Ray until he got into the ring and got scared,” Rapacz said.

The fall was a black eye in an otherwise successful event, he said, that included a victory by heavyweight Aaron Green, a former North Dakota State basketball player, and an appearance by former world champion Virgil Hill.

Jaeger called it a “very unusual situation.” In part, he said, the state monitors about one boxing event a year compared to the 1990s when Hill was fighting regularly in the state. He said mixed martial arts events average about one a month.

Capes fell to 0-4 with all four defeats by knockout or technical knockout, according to boxingrec.com. The 6-foot-5 Edwards, a former Minnesota Vikings defensive end, is 3-0. He originally was slated to fight heavyweight Mike Smith. Rapacz said another fighter was scheduled to replace Smith, but he didn’t make it
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/389732/
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: I have found Kimbo's next opponent   I have found Kimbo's next opponent EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:01 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

That was awesome!

While I agree that he was probably just scared to be in there and didn't want to get stomped out by Ray Edwards, it doesn't change the fact that if you step in there to fight, fight. If you didn't think you should be in there, then don't bother showing up.

Regardless, that was funny shit, so at least there's that.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9492

PostSubject: Re: I have found Kimbo's next opponent   I have found Kimbo's next opponent EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:09 pm

Should fight Bo Cantrell for the twat belt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have found Kimbo's next opponent   I have found Kimbo's next opponent Empty

Back to top Go down

I have found Kimbo's next opponent
Page 1 of 1