The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will. Vote_lcapCM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will. Voting_barCM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will. Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will. Vote_lcapCM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will. Voting_barCM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will. Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will. Empty
PostSubject: CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will.   CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will. EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 5:46 pm

Quote :
With Ronda Rousey’s shocking loss still in the rearview mirror and the biggest featherweight fight of all time on the horizon, it seems that the MMA world has all but forgotten about CM Punk.

It has been almost a year to the date since Punk (aka Phil Brooks) was signed by the UFC to fill the void left behind by Brock Lesnar, and all seemed to be going smoothly with his preparation until he pulled the most MMA thing of them all and got himself injured. But now, it looks like a definitive timetable has been set for Punk’s return, as well as the opponent he will be making his MMA debut against. Sort of.

In an interview with Off the Record (via BloodyElbow), White confirmed that Punk/Brooks (Bunk? Pooks?) “will fight next year, 100 percent,” which by the laws of the MMA Gods, can only mean that a horrific career-ending injury is headed his way…though I suppose you wouldn’t be able to call it “career-ending” given that, you know, Punk has never actually fought before. Regardless, let it be known that 2016 will officially go down in the history books as “The Year of the Bunk.”

As to Punk’s opponent, well, he will more than likely be found on “Looking for a Fight,” the web series White has been filming alongside Nick the Tooth and Matt Serra over the past few months.

“I just started a new show, the pilot is on YouTube, it’s called Dana White: Looking for a Fight, and I’m actually out looking for opponents for CM Punk right now,” said White.

If you recall, it was the first episode of the show (which we’ve embedded below) wherein Aryan youth, freak of nature, and 80′s movie bully Sage Northcutt was discovered after dispatching Gage Duhon at Legacy Fighting Championship 42.

Personally, I’m just happy that the UFC isn’t basing a whole season of The Ultimate Fighter around Punk’s debut opponent and I just gave them the idea, didn’t I?

http://www.cagepotato.com/cm-punks-debut-opponent-will-be-discovered-on-a-web-series-because-of-course-he-will/
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will.   CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will. EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 8:36 am

I guess Dana is worried about giving him any one of the current UFC roaster. Doesn't bold well for Punk or his confidence.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will.   CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will. EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 10:50 am

Yeah it's pretty bad when you feel so strongly that you can't hand pick one guy out of about 50 on the current roster that Bunk might stand a chance against that you now need to go hand pick a guy on the regional circuit to put in there with him.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will.   CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will. EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 1:50 pm

By the time the guy fights he will be ready to retire.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will.   CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will. EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 4:35 pm

This killed me. lol!!

Quote :
"If you recall, it was the first episode of the show (which we’ve embedded below) wherein Aryan youth, freak of nature, and 80′s movie bully Sage Northcutt was discovered after dispatching Gage Duhon at Legacy Fighting Championship 42."
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will.   CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will. EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 7:59 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
Yeah it's pretty bad when you feel so strongly that you can't hand pick one guy out of about 50 on the current roster that Bunk might stand a chance against that you now need to go hand pick a guy on the regional circuit to put in there with him.

Well I don't think it's entirely that (but kind of).

I think they know what they have with Punk which is a media circus which will only last for a couple of fights until he gets completely exposed.

So they can give him someone on the current roster or they could turn it into a huge payday and give him someone that has been marketed from that show. It's the smarter move right now, because I think we all know this aint gonna last long lol.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will.   CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will. EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 11:05 am

Yeah but they're not gonna bring in a Sage Northcutt type of guy who blows Dana's nips off. It's not gonna be a guy that's super impressive or else he'd flatten Bunk inside of 2 minutes. So it's gonna have to be a guy that Dana feels is not too skilled, not too dangerous, and not good enough to beat an 0-0 fighter.
How the hell are you gonna market someone like that? lol
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will.   CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will. EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 12:31 pm

I guess thats for the marketing experts to figure out, not us jamokes sitting at our office desks. They've built a pretty successful business so far, I have faith they'll figure it out lol.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10261

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will.   CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will. EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 3:23 pm

i dont think he offers anything to the ufc. its been too long of a wait for him to fight. no one gives a shit about cm punk. its like kurt angle signing with bellator. who gives a shit? if it gives any org a spike in ratings it will be slim. cm punk is no brock lesnar and the guy is old and already dealing with injuries before his first fight. its going to be 1 or 2 fights then done for cm punk in my mind.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will.   CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will. EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 7:41 pm

I actually wouldn't be shocked if he never actually even takes one fight and just quietly "retires" before even getting started.

Remember I said that! lol
Wink
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10261

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will.   CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will. EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 8:51 pm

you are probably right
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will.   CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will. EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 10:22 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
I actually wouldn't be shocked if he never actually even takes one fight and just quietly "retires" before even getting started.

Remember I said that! lol
Wink

It definitely wouldn't shock me either, but you get the props for saying it lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will.   CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will. Empty

Back to top Go down

CM Punk's debut opponent will be discovered on a web series because of course he will.
Page 1 of 1