The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Randy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC Vote_lcapRandy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC Voting_barRandy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Randy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC Vote_lcapRandy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC Voting_barRandy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Randy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC

Go down 
+2
DEP
Chrom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22849

Randy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC Empty
PostSubject: Randy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC   Randy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 12:55 pm

Quote :
On Tuesday morning, Spike TV issued a press release announcing a new partnership with UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture (Pictured).

Although the two parties won’t divulge the details behind their arrangement until next Tuesday’s press conference in Santa Monica, California, SI.com is reporting Couture has inked a multi-year deal with Spike, a property of Viacom.

Couture is expected to serve as coach on Bellator MMA’s upcoming reality show, which begins shooting next month and airs later this year. “The Natural” coached opposite Chuck Liddell in the UFC’s first season of “The Ultimate Fighter” in 2005.

The long-running reality series helped propel the UFC into the mainstream. TUF spent its first 14 seasons on Spike before transitioning to FX in 2012 as part of the UFC’s blockbuster broadcast deal with FOX.

Couture’s services with Spike isn’t expected to end with Bellator’s reality show. The retired 49-year-old fighter will participate in multiple projects for the cable channel.

UFC president Dana White and Couture have had a rocky relationship over the years, particularly when finances were involved, but Couture was front and center serving as a panelist when the UFC made their debut on FOX.
continued...
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC   Randy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 12:59 pm

Wow... I didn't see this coming! Basically FOX groomed him for the opposition...
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9482

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC   Randy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:02 pm

Huh. Well I know I'm not Mr. MMAFan these days but I think it'll be another version of Big John going to work for WAMMA. When I hear people talking, casual fans, I hear "did you watch UFC?" I don't hear them talking about watching MMA or being an MMA fan. I don't facebook but I've trolled around a bit, "UFC" is listed as an interest for a lot of people. Everything else is bush league to people who don't watch every PPV and know every fighters name. Dana is a marketing and branding genius, and he's done exactly what he wanted to all along: Make UFC synonymous with MMA. So good luck Couture but it's futile IMO.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5730

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC   Randy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:02 pm

I've always been a fan of UFC on Spike. Spike came to the table first when Dana and Zuffa were looking for some airtime, they gave the UFC free reign .... lots of input into the product etc. The partnership put together some good products and it was easy to find.

I've always thought it was pretty cheap for the UFC to abandon that relationship with Spike for .... how many "new" viewers? ... how much more exposure?....

So I will watch Bellator on Spike and listen to that traitorous scumbag Couture comment.
But really.... Randy, Dana and Zuffa never were really close chums ... were they? So this doesn't surprise me at all.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC   Randy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:14 pm

Couture is also said to be a coach on the new Bellator "TUF" reality show coming out that will be directly competing with FX TUF.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35191

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC   Randy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:54 pm

I here the winner will get a 4 fight/4 figure contract with Bellator.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15323

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC   Randy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:21 pm

stock wrote:
I here the winner will get a 4 fight/4 figure contract with Bellator.

lol! Now thats funny right there.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12609

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC   Randy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 7:09 am

Strange move Randy, I dont get it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC   Randy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC Empty

Back to top Go down

Randy Couture Chooses Spike TV and Bellator Over UFC
Page 1 of 1