The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Dana White calls Ryan Couture, informs him father unwelcome at UFC events, Randy responds Vote_lcapDana White calls Ryan Couture, informs him father unwelcome at UFC events, Randy responds Voting_barDana White calls Ryan Couture, informs him father unwelcome at UFC events, Randy responds Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Dana White calls Ryan Couture, informs him father unwelcome at UFC events, Randy responds Vote_lcapDana White calls Ryan Couture, informs him father unwelcome at UFC events, Randy responds Voting_barDana White calls Ryan Couture, informs him father unwelcome at UFC events, Randy responds Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Dana White calls Ryan Couture, informs him father unwelcome at UFC events, Randy responds

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22850

Dana White calls Ryan Couture, informs him father unwelcome at UFC events, Randy responds Empty
PostSubject: Dana White calls Ryan Couture, informs him father unwelcome at UFC events, Randy responds   Dana White calls Ryan Couture, informs him father unwelcome at UFC events, Randy responds EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:22 am

Quote :
When former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight champion Randy Couture signed a multi-year deal with Bellator MMA, UFC president Dana white was elated because that meant he never had to work with the Hall of Famer who, in Dana's words, "stops being a man when his big toes step out of the cage."

So why the animosity?

According to White, Couture was never honest with him when asked
about the possibility of jumping ship to the UFC's former home, Spike
TV. After it was discovered "The Natural" had indeed made the switch
from the UFC and Fox to Bellator and Spike TV, White unloaded on Randy and his 'lies.'

But, now that one Couture made his way out of the UFC, there is another ready to make his way in.

Ryan Couture, son of Randy, will look to make his debut with the promotion sometime this year after he was one of the select fighters from the now defunct Strikeforce organization who received a contract with the world's leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion.

So how will White's issues with Randy affect Ryan's future with the promotion? Not one bit, according to the Las Vegas fight boss.

In fact, White revealed during his UFC 156 post-fight media scrum
he actually talked to Ryan and gave him the option to honor his current
contract with the UFC or follow his father's footsteps to Bellator.

However, before he made his decision, White assured Ryan not to
expect to see Randy cageside during his fights as a spectator and much
less a corner man because "he won't be able to buy a ticket to a mother
fu**ing event."

"I called Ryan Couture and I said, ‘Ryan, this is
probably the weirdest conversation you are ever going to have with me.
You signed a deal with us to fight in the UFC. I want you here if you
want to be here. But I need you to understand this; me and your dad are
not good. Me and your dad are never going to be good ever again as
long as I walk this fucking planet. I know he's your dad and I don't
want to call you up and tell you how much I don't like your father, but,
if you want to leave the UFC,' because he, Randy, is not cornering him.
Randy Couture can't buy a ticket to this mother fucking event. I
said, ‘He's not going to be around and I just wanted to be up front with
you. I want to be honest and be up front. If you want me to release
your from your contract so that you can go do a deal with Bellator, and
have your dad maybe work with you and come up and do whatever, I will do
that for you, too.' He said, ‘ Every kid that has ever strapped on a
pair of gloves is dreaming about fighting in the UFC. And if they say
they're not, they are either lying not they are stupid. This is my
dream, I want to be with you guys. He's my dad and he's always going to
be my dad. But, this is where I want to be, I worked my whole life to
get here.' And I told him, ‘This is your house, don't ever feel like
it's not.' That was something that I had to do, I had to talk to him.
The kid is either with us or he is not. And I don't mean, ‘Oh, you're
either with us or you're not with us,' I mean, I want him to feel like
if he stays with us, he's with us and there is no hard feelings for him
because of what's going on with me and Randy or anything like that. I
want him to feel comfortable if he wanted to stay. And I wanted to give
him the option to go with his dad, too. I don't want him to be in some
situation where like he says, ‘this guy is getting to fights with my
dad and I'm stuck in a contract with them and I'd rather (not.)' That's
the whole story, that's it, and I'd rather not talk about it again."

At today's (Feb 5, 2013) Spike TV media conference, Randy talked about the pickle his son found himself in:

"Ryan is his own man for sure. He's created his
own style and it's a burden for him to drag around the same last name,
but he's handled it all in stride.
continued...
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9483

Dana White calls Ryan Couture, informs him father unwelcome at UFC events, Randy responds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana White calls Ryan Couture, informs him father unwelcome at UFC events, Randy responds   Dana White calls Ryan Couture, informs him father unwelcome at UFC events, Randy responds EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 7:38 pm

Certainly Ken Shamrock will offer his services.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15324

PostSubject: Re: Dana White calls Ryan Couture, informs him father unwelcome at UFC events, Randy responds   Dana White calls Ryan Couture, informs him father unwelcome at UFC events, Randy responds EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 7:42 am

Krieger wrote:
WHAT!?! No Front Office Job for Randy?

But really? These ex Pride boys..... ? .... wow deja vu man!

Perhaps Randy and Rampage can start a "Malcontents Fight Club" old burnt out bitter fighters who blame their ex-employers for the vagaries of aging and diminishing glory.... Fedor and Henderson are applying for immediate membership.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana White calls Ryan Couture, informs him father unwelcome at UFC events, Randy responds   Dana White calls Ryan Couture, informs him father unwelcome at UFC events, Randy responds Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana White calls Ryan Couture, informs him father unwelcome at UFC events, Randy responds
Page 1 of 1