The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee Vote_lcapSonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee Voting_barSonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee Vote_lcapSonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee Voting_barSonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee

Go down 
+4
samger2
Triggerman99
Krieger
Chrom
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22842

Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee Empty
PostSubject: Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee   Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:12 pm

Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee Silva-11
Quote :
Former two-time UFC middleweight title contender, Chael Sonnen will be appealing his UFC 148 second round TKO loss to Anderson Silva this past weekend in Las Vegas, Nevada, following the knee thrown towards a downed opponent.

Scott McQuarry, a coach of Chael Sonnen, appears to be filing an appeal on the trash-talkers behalf:

“Chael’s not the kind of guy who likes to complain after a fight. I felt I needed to take this action to protect him. At the point of impact, Anderson had his hand locked in the cage and his feet left the ground. We believe his intentions were clear.”

“We started the process of filing a complaint with the Nevada Athletic Commission. We believe the knee that Anderson Silva threw was illegal with the clear intent to strike the face. And it did in fact connect with the face. Chael bit his tongue and needed eight stitches.”

“I think it did make a difference in the outcome. I know that Chael grabbed Silva’s shorts briefly too in response, but not for 15 seconds and two punches. They need to call the UFC. We need a rematch. Chael is a great champion and deserves a fair fight.”

The executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, replied:

“Anybody can file an appeal, but as you know, the referee’s decision is final."
source

8 stitches.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5723

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee   Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:14 am

Yeah Chaels face is in his bellybutton.... where the knee lands.... look at the picture .... fool!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59436

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee   Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 2:18 am

Quote :
Chael’s not the kind of guy who likes to complain after a fight.

Laughing

Quote :
We believe his intentions were clear.
Laughing Laughing
Yeah, he's throwing a knee at him. No shit; it's a fight dumbass!

Quote :
We believe the knee that Anderson Silva threw was illegal with the clear intent to strike the face.

How the fuck do you base you case on intent?!
Laughing lol! Laughing

Quote :
Chael is a great champion and deserves a fair fight.”

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10297

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee   Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 3:11 pm

We HAD to know stuff like this would come out. I mean Chael was absolute set in his own mind that he was already the champ, so I can only imagine that it's a really hard pill to swallow for him that not only was he not really the champ after the first time, but FOREALS not the champ after the second time.

It's probably like the twilight zone for Chael and his team right now...
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12602

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee   Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:22 am

Pretty classy imo:

Chael Sonnen co-hosted the UFC on Fuel TV 4 weigh-ins today, and took the opportunity to shoot down rumors he planned to appeal Saturday's UFC 148 loss to champion Anderson Silva.
"Well, listen, the knee really hurt," said Sonnen. "All those shots hurt. Here's the reality. We don't do instant replay in this sport and we shouldn't. It comes down to a judgement call and wherever the referee says the knee landed officially, that's where the knee landed. That's an excellent official, they all are, he made his call and that's the way it goes and I will never complain or look back."

"Let's make sure we don't call it illegal. The referee's judgement is what stands. I trust in that and it works both ways. I've thrown knees before, the referee makes his decision, that is the decision and we would never appeal it, except with knees. If we would have a chance to re-do it, that's a different thing, but we would never go and appeal the decision. Part of competing is you got to know how to lose. It's really easy to win, but you've got to know how to lose. Sometimes you have to man up, swallow it, and walk out."

In response to the question "WHAT were you thinking?" Sonnen addressed the Spinnng Elbow to Hell that effectively ended the fight.
"You know, I really wish that I knew," said Sonnen. "And I don't know. Listen, had that landed, we'd all be talking about what a wonderful spinning punch it it was, but it didn't and I fell down like a doofus."

Finally, he expressed admiration for the champion.
"It's very rare in a competition where a guy will fall apart and come back within the same night. ... In my first fight with Anderson, he fell apart, and then at some point he said, you know what I think I can win this thing. And I really admire that in him. I look up to that in an athlete. He does that, Randy Couture does that really well. And Anderson did that in this fight as well. In the first round, he offered very little resistance and he came back strong."

Last edited by FistK on Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10297

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee   Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:33 am

Wow...yes actually very classy. We all wondered how Chael would respond if he lost this fight...I'm very impressed by how he's acting.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee   Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:27 am

FistK wrote:
Listen, had that landed, we'd all be talking about what a wonderful spinning punch it it was, but it didn't and I fell down like a doofus."
Too true there...
Laughing DOOFUS!
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35184

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee   Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:03 pm

I just love Chael Sonnen, the person.

Just not the fighter so much.... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59436

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee   Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:20 am

Respect given where respect is deserved. I give Chael respect for saying that. He deserves it.

You all know how much I hate the stupid garbage that Chael has spewed for the better part of two years. It was disrespectul, innacurate, and idiotic. But I like this quote a lot. He showed genuine humility and honest respect.

I like this Chael Sonnen a lot.

I wish the stupid shit-talking Sonnen would dissapear forever. But I truthfully wouldn't mind if this dignified Sonnen stuck around for a long time.
Back to top Go down
ToyotaF1Fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
ToyotaF1Fan

Standard Cash : 5073

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee   Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:46 pm

samger2 wrote:
Wow...yes actually very classy. We all wondered how Chael would respond if he lost this fight...I'm very impressed by how he's acting.

Not a Sonnen fan but I think a big part of his schtick before this fight was a kayfabe heel act.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee   Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:12 am

ToyotaF1Fan wrote:
samger2 wrote:

Not a Sonnen fan but I think a big part of his schtick before this fight was a kayfabe heel act.

Yeah pretty much...He has been doing a lot of commentating lately and the schtick is over. Seems to be back to a normal nice enough guy.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee   Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:34 am

Speaking of normal nice guy
Mark Munoz reveals Chael Sonnen offered to help pay for his elbow surgery

Thats pretty fucking classy right there.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16381

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee   Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 12:34 pm

well he certainly has a hole to climb out of so to speak after all the shenanigans.....not to say he is a bad person (looking like the opposite) but all the talk and disrespect surely lost him some fans.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee   Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 6:44 am

norcalmatt wrote:
well he certainly has a hole to climb out of so to speak after all the shenanigans.....not to say he is a bad person (looking like the opposite) but all the talk and disrespect surely lost him some fans.

Gained him a boatload of cayesh too, haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee   Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee Empty

Back to top Go down

Sonnen’s Coach Appeals Anderson Silva Loss Following Downed Knee
Page 1 of 1