The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
UFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway Vote_lcapUFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway Voting_barUFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
UFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway Vote_lcapUFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway Voting_barUFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

UFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7708

UFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway Empty
PostSubject: UFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway   UFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 1:46 pm

UFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway 2_Mayhem_Miller_large

Quote :
There's nothing like a good ultimatum, especially when it involves a fight to determine a man's status as a professional fighter. From time to time, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White has doled out such "make or break" stipulations to his employees.

Oddly enough, this time the gauntlet has been thrown down by a fighter ... on himself. Jason Miller appeared on Spike TV's "MMA Uncensored Live" last night (March 29, 2012), where he discussed his upcoming fight, a middleweight mash up opposite C.B. Dollaway at UFC 146 in Las Vegas, Nevada, on May 26, 2012.

After getting his clock cleaned by Michael Bisping at The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale in "Sin City" on Dec. 3, 2011, "Mayhem" is aware that he needs to redeem himself in a big way. According to Miller, if he loses this one, Dana White won't even get the chance to fire him:

Jason M wrote:
"I'm on my own chopping block. If I lose to him, I'm quitting! I don't even deserve to be in there! There's not an easy fight. In the UFC, there's no easy fight. He doesn't deserve to be in there with me, and I'll prove it. I'll prove it in under a round, because, we see...I tend to get tired in the second round (laughs). We're both in a similar spot in our career I guess. We're both on the chopping block. That's fine. I'm really happy with that."

Quote :
During his on-air appearance, Miller was asked about his fight against Bisping and what went wrong. He was quick to say that he doesn't make excuses, but he might in a few months:

Jason M wrote:
"You know what? I have a new rule. I don't make excuses for fights until eight months after. So, I still have like five more months. I'll come back on here in five months and tell you guys what happened. There's no way to explain a fight you lost without going, 'Well, it was 'cuz of this,' or 'It was 'cuz of that.' There's no way. And I'm not that kinda guy. That's not what I do."

Quote :
The point was made that while Miller did get beat up by Bisping pretty badly, "The Count" may not be getting the credit he deserves as a fighter himself.

He might get his ass kicked, but not by fighters that "suck:"

jason M wrote:
"I don't get my ass kicked by sucky guys. I beat the Hell out of 'em. I just came up short that night. I'm not gonna make excuses for it. There's no point to doin' it. You know what I mean?"

Quote :
Miller's UFC 146 opponent, Dollaway, should be coming into their fight desperate. He's lost his last two bouts, to Mark Muñoz and Jared Hamman, respectively. Everyone knows the UFC isn't big on keeping guys around who lose three in a row.

Three strikes and all that.

Fans and critics are quick to question a fighter's motivation when he loses. Miller is no different, but he wants it to be known that fighting is his passion and what he lives to do, regardless of the other things that may keep him busy outside the cage:

jason M wrote:

"It's (fighting is) something that I've had a close, intimate relationship with since I was 16 years old. So, there's something there that --it's my wife. you know what I mean? I don't have a wife. That's my wife, and, ya know, someday she'll give me some kids."

srce cde
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15326

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway   UFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 1:54 pm

have to agree, if cant finish CB then he should bow out.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7708

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway   UFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 2:08 pm

Yeh. I'm glad he actually knows his limits and bounds and knows himself if he is deserving to stay in the UFC with a MW Division filled with Sharks.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10307

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway   UFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 2:25 pm

I agree as well. And given Dolloway's history of tapping and Miller's ground game, this one should be an easy submission win for Miller.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22852

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway   UFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 2:45 pm

agree with what everyone else has said.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5733

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway   UFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 10:00 pm

I agree with what Chrom said.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway   UFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 146: Jason 'Mayhem' Miller will retire if he loses to CB Dollaway
Page 1 of 1