The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Rampage claims he's not a Martial Artist, Death of "street fighters"? Vote_lcapRampage claims he's not a Martial Artist, Death of "street fighters"? Voting_barRampage claims he's not a Martial Artist, Death of "street fighters"? Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Rampage claims he's not a Martial Artist, Death of "street fighters"? Vote_lcapRampage claims he's not a Martial Artist, Death of "street fighters"? Voting_barRampage claims he's not a Martial Artist, Death of "street fighters"? Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Rampage claims he's not a Martial Artist, Death of "street fighters"?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5736

Rampage claims he's not a Martial Artist, Death of "street fighters"? Empty
PostSubject: Rampage claims he's not a Martial Artist, Death of "street fighters"?   Rampage claims he's not a Martial Artist, Death of "street fighters"? EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 2:13 pm

From MMA News Feb 22

Rampage says,

"I couldn't give a rat's ass if I beat Ryan Bader or not, I just want to put on the best show the world has ever seen. I never claimed to be a martial artist or a guy who's good at everything. I'm a street fighter. There's a lot of things I don't care about. I don't care to know what my opponent's doing, I don't care to know his skills or stuff like that, because I'm a brawler. Ya know, a street fight you just walk up to the guy and start a fight. You ain't got no tape on this guy."

I think the age of the "street fighter" is done.... These old school guys can't adapt, can't train, can't fight properly.... done like dinner.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22855

PostSubject: Re: Rampage claims he's not a Martial Artist, Death of "street fighters"?   Rampage claims he's not a Martial Artist, Death of "street fighters"? EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 2:56 pm

Well he is more a "street fighter" than most, maybe even all, Pro MMA guys.... and less a "street fighter" than say DADA 5000....
Back to top Go down
Mogal
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
Mogal

Standard Cash : 6212

PostSubject: Re: Rampage claims he's not a Martial Artist, Death of "street fighters"?   Rampage claims he's not a Martial Artist, Death of "street fighters"? EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 11:28 pm

And this is why I put my follars on Ryan.
(and maybe the last time we see Jackson in the cage)
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/imogal/mogal
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12615

PostSubject: Re: Rampage claims he's not a Martial Artist, Death of "street fighters"?   Rampage claims he's not a Martial Artist, Death of "street fighters"? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 7:15 am

Mogal wrote:
And this is why I put my follars on Ryan.
(and maybe the last time we see Jackson in the cage)

I still like Rampage in this fight, because a lot of what he says I feel is just for show especially when he's i japan, but I certainly won't be betting on him after what I have heard the last few weeks, haha.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10310

PostSubject: Re: Rampage claims he's not a Martial Artist, Death of "street fighters"?   Rampage claims he's not a Martial Artist, Death of "street fighters"? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:14 am

It's good to hear Rampage admit he's a one dimensional fighter...and I'm mean no disrespect with that statement...it's just pure fact. And yeah, the day of the brawler is over...there are way too many multi faceted fighters out there to allow for a pure brawler to make any waves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rampage claims he's not a Martial Artist, Death of "street fighters"?   Rampage claims he's not a Martial Artist, Death of "street fighters"? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rampage claims he's not a Martial Artist, Death of "street fighters"?
Page 1 of 1