The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil Vote_lcapSonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil Voting_barSonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil Vote_lcapSonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil Voting_barSonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59442

Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil Empty
PostSubject: Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil   Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 5:20 pm

Quote :
The saga of putting together a rematch between Chael Sonnen and Anderson Silva continues.

Sonnen on Tuesday, when appearing on UFC Tonight on Fuel TV, stated that he has not officially been offered any rematch with Silva since his victory over Michael Bisping at UFC on Fox 2 in late January.

Sonnen’s manager Mike Roberts the same when speaking to MMAWeekly Radio recently, and it appears there might be a new snag in the works.

All signs had pointed towards a Silva vs. Sonnen rematch taking place in Brazil later this year, but right now it looks like where the fight will take place is what hasn’t been figured out yet.

“I will say this, we have not been officially offered that fight. I had a meeting with Lorenzo (Fertitta) in Las Vegas during the Diaz/Condit fight when the prelims were on, we briefly discussed it, there are some options,” Roberts said in the interview.

“We have agreed to fight him, we have not agreed where to fight him.”

Sonnen has been rather outspoken when talking about the country of Brazil, and his manager admits there are legitimate safety concerns for the fighter if he goes there. The brash fighter has been the target of a lot of verbal aggression from Brazilians for his comments about the country over the last several months.

Roberts has real concerns about Sonnen’s safety in Brazil, but he admits there’s going to be concern for any fighter taking on a home country favorite.

“Of course. I had a legitimate concern for Chad Mendes‘ safety,” Roberts stated when alluding to one of his other clients who fought in Brazil recently. “It’s not like we’re fighting somebody in Columbus, Ohio; you’re going to get your name called and people yelling at you.”

Overall however, despite facing a home country favorite in Jose Aldo, Roberts says that Mendes was received well in Brazil. Now Chael Sonnen, that’s a different story entirely.

“Chad had a great time; Brazil treated him phenomenally. Chad was so happy. Chad was blown away with the hospitality,” said Roberts.

“Do I expect Chael to get that? Absolutely not.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/silva-vs-sonnen-2-close-to-done-deal-but-where-will-it-take-place

Sounds like somebody's afraid they're mouth might've gotten them in trouble..... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22848

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil   Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 7:38 pm

It should be in Canada or the UK
There is no reason to add any un-needed worries about some fuckin Brazilian macho nutcase tryin to kill you. Lots of people think its gonna be no big deal... but if Sonnen wins and its in Rio... you will see a fuckin riot, I guarantee it.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35190

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil   Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 9:29 pm

Especially if it is in the same manner he "beat" bisping.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16387

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil   Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 9:49 pm

yeah...based on his performance against bisping i see silva taking it with ease.....

i feel like the pace he had in the first fight was certainly helped by the ped's he was on, he looked like shit in his last fight....wrestling was even questionable and striking was painful to watch
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28618

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil   Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 1:03 am

Yeah I personally don't want this fight happening in Brazil because I don't want a damn riot or worse someone killed! We've seen and heard those 'You will die' chants to non brazillian fighters and I can't imagine what the hell would happen to Sonnen when he is walking to the ring.... odds are he is going to get either shot or stabbed and there won't be any UFC events happening for several months because of it.

I say to hell with UFC Brazil, it's just too crazy!
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil   Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 6:25 pm

I agree.
I know I would not want to fight a Brazilian in Brazil.

Might as well hold a UFC in the Gaza Strip.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil   Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:19 am

We're missing the point;

If you read the article, the manager said that Mendes had zero issues in Brazil when he fought Aldo.

The problem is that Sonnen spewed-off at the mouth about Brazilian people.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil   Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 7:59 am

I don't care.
There is no way in hell I would agree to fight a Brazilian in Brazil.

You are telling me Mendes would have been comfortable if he would have won a razor thin decision?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22848

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil   Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:40 am

We dont need this shit
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil   Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:36 am

Hey, All I'm sayin is.....you made your own bed, so if you gotta lay in it, I don't feel bad for you.

I don't wanna see anybody die or get stabbed or whatever, but if you're gonna talk shit, back it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil   Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil Empty

Back to top Go down

Sonnen/Silva rematch might not be in Brazil
Page 1 of 1