The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil Vote_lcapAnderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil Voting_barAnderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil Vote_lcapAnderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil Voting_barAnderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil

Go down 
+5
ToyotaF1Fan
lambhimself
Krieger
samger2
Chrom
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22837

Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil Empty
PostSubject: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:52 am

The most anticipated middleweight bout in mixed martial arts history is just about set. During the UFC 143 post-fight press conference, company president Dana White announced 185-pound champion Anderson Silva will defend his title against Chael Sonnen this June in Brazil.

“It’s not signed, but it’s verbally agreed to,” White said of the rematch.

MMA’s ultimate shot caller didn’t confirm which venue would host the fiesta. However, it’s expected an outdoor soccer stadium in Sao Paulo will do the honors.

The chatty challenger secured his top contender status with a hard-fought unanimous decision victory over last-minute replacement Michael Bisping.

Silva, on the other hand, has been on the shelf since injuring his shoulder prior to successfully defending his throne for the ninth consecutive time at UFC 134 against Yushin Okami.

After manhandling Silva for nearly five complete rounds at UFC 117, Sonnen was abruptly submitted by “The Spider” with only 110 ticks remaining on the clock. Since the August 2010 defeat, Sonnen has been doing everything within his power to land a rematch.

While Sonnen has irritated nearly every Brazilian fighter within earshot, Silva has managed to let the majority of Uncle Chael’s smack talk roll off his back – Outside of the whole, “You tell Anderson Silva I’m coming over and I’m kicking down his back door and patting his little lady on the ass and I’m telling her to make me a steak, medium rare, just how I like it” remark, of course.

source

ABOUT FUCKIN TIME!
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10292

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:16 pm

Right on. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5718

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:22 pm

Ok but lets make a rule..... when you tap like a little biitch and LOSE the fight you can't whine and claim "but I won most of the fight"!
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5910

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:28 pm

^
Yeah, no doubt; I am anticipating Silva to hurt chael bad this time around. Either via a quick KO
or first round submission resulting in an injury.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 12:30 am

Ok, lets make another rule then... when you get the shit beat out of you for 22.5 minutes and taken to ground at will, you can no longer claim to be or touted as the #1 P4P fighter.

Smile
Back to top Go down
ToyotaF1Fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
ToyotaF1Fan

Standard Cash : 5068

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:41 am

Chrom wrote:
Ok, lets make another rule then... when you get the shit beat out of you for 22.5 minutes and taken to ground at will, you can no longer claim to be or touted as the #1 P4P fighter.

Smile

Steroids are a hell of a drug.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 12:04 pm

Uh ... has Anderson EVER claimed he was the world's #1 pound for pound fighter?
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:17 pm

Let's no forget...close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades....
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:03 pm

ToyotaF1Fan wrote:
Chrom wrote:

Smile

Haha +4

Krieger wrote:
I wasn't sure and didn't feel like looking further into it, thats why I added "or touted as"
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 3994

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:33 pm

I can't wait to see this. It's gonna be a huge build up and a fight with 2 guys that hate each other and have something to prove. This may be one of the top 5 PPVs in buys.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 8:44 am

One thing that could make it the #1 for sure would be a HW title fight added to the card....
Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil AiSEqulCEAEB0Oa
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 3994

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 8:54 am

JDS defending his title against Overeem in Brazil? That would be huge if they combined that and Silva/Sonnen
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:28 am

^^^
THIS

Would be gigantic in terms of PPV, and I would expect a few injuries to fuck the card up; but that is normal right?

Great Idea, haven't heard any rumblings of when the HW title fight might be; isn't JDS hurt?
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:08 am

Chrom wrote:
ToyotaF1Fan wrote:
Chrom wrote:

Smile

Haha +4

Krieger wrote:
I wasn't sure and didn't feel like looking further into it, thats why I added "or touted as"

"Claim to be" is first person,.... "Touted as" is third person. A fighter can't tout himself he can only claim to be.... Anderson never has. <<<<<< All this is the literal equivilent of a gogo plata... YOU are choked out mofo! Bruce Lee
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:15 am

I was typing in the same manner I speak, so I corrected my self with out using the backspace button. I know the difference between first and third person. Come on man Wink
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59431

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:23 pm

So if news doesn't break that this fight is "official" in the next few days, is everyone gonna start freaking out and saying that Silva refused the fight and ran into the woods to hide?
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5385

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:44 pm

Silva wouldn't run into the woods.... Geeesh

There are plenty of alley ways that are much more accessible in Rio de Janeiro.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:48 pm

^

haha

& Sonnen's Apparent twitter:

@sonnench (chael sonnen)

I wouldn't pack for June in Brazil just yet, Eagles. Grab a coat, though, because if this happens Hell is frozen.
Feb 06 via web

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:55 pm

Eagles? I don't get that part.

The rest?
Yeah, sounds about right.....
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:59 pm

Eagles = Americans

Is what I gathered from it, ;like fans possibly going to watch the fights in Brazil.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 3:07 pm

So Eagles are Americans?

Nevermind.....I don't care.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:47 am

I don't understand Sonnen's purpose in claiming that this fight won't happen. I guess much like everything he says it's to get attention, but for what purpose?
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:55 am

^
Does he ever have a real reason for his madness other than to draw attention to himself.
I think it is safe to assume self-promotion is drive for anything he does or says in the media.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:11 pm

Chrom wrote:
I was typing in the same manner I speak, so I corrected my self with out using the backspace button. I know the difference between first and third person. Come on man Wink

Uh....? Who's on First?

scratch
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Krieger wrote:
Chrom wrote:

Uh....? Who's on First?

scratch

Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil Hus-on-first

I couldn't help myself...haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil   Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil Empty

Back to top Go down

Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen Rematch Slated for June in Brazil
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next