The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight Vote_lcapDereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight Voting_barDereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight Vote_lcapDereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight Voting_barDereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22838

Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight Empty
PostSubject: Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight   Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:52 am

Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight Dereck10
Quote :
Dereck Chisora lit the touchpaper ahead of Saturday's WBC heavyweight title challenge by slapping the champion Vitali Klitschko at Friday's weigh-in in Munich.

The eccentric Londoner is a rank outsider ahead of the bout and attempted to get under the long-reigning champion's skin. After weighing in at 17st 3lb – just a pound heavier than his lightest weight for a professional bout – Chisora butted heads before slapping Klitschko's face hard.

The two men were pulled apart, with a furious-looking Klitschko, who had weighed in three pounds heavier, left with a red mark on the left side of his face.

Chisora's camp said they were unaware of the stunt beforehand, with his trainer Don Charles even branding the slap "unacceptable". Asked whether it was pre-meditated, the trainer said: "I'm not Dereck Chisora. Like I said, it's unacceptable."

The promoter Francis Warren, representing his father Frank's company, said: "We're all scratching our heads about it, to be honest. You always expect something from Dereck – he's a character. But it's usually something that winds people up or is a bit jovial.

"So for him to get physical and aggressive, unprovoked, is surprising. But at the end of the day I'm sure there's method to his madness and we'll find out if the madness has paid off tomorrow night."

Warren added: "I was very surprised [by the slap] though. I wasn't expecting it at all. I don't think anybody wants to see that but it's happened now, so we'll move on and look forward to tomorrow night."

Asked whether he expects sanctions against Chisora, Warren said: "That's up to the governing bodies to decide. If there are sanctions then I suppose we will find out in the next couple of weeks. I'll sit down and have a chat with Dereck about it but at the moment we're focused on tomorrow night.

"Dereck is obviously a fiery character and that has got him to where he is. He can react like that to situations but at the end of the day he is a boxer, a fighter. Let's focus on the fight."

The 28-year-old Londoner challenges Klitschko in Germany despite two high-profile losses in his last three fights.

Chisora has already seen two clashes with Klitschko's brother Wladimir scuppered by the Ukrainian's injury withdrawals.

He was scheduled to fight the 35-year-old for the IBF and WBO belts in December 2010 before a stomach injury forced the champion to pull out and the rescheduled bout in April last year also fell through with Klitschko blaming a problematic rehabilitation.

While Wladimir went on to beat David Haye instead, Chisora remained at domestic level and lost his British and Commonwealth titles to Tyson Fury. Though he went some way to redeeming himself with a career-best performance against the Finnish fighter Robert Helenius before Christmas, a controversial split decision ultimately saw him suffer a second career defeat.

The Zimbabwe-born Briton therefore takes on long-reigning heavyweight king Klitschko as a huge outsider, with some bookmakers pricing him as generously as 10-1 to dethrone the champion in his adopted homeland.

"I'm the underdog in this fight which is exactly how I like it because when I knock him out in the eighth round it will shock the world," said Chisora, who has a record of 15-2 (9KOs) and is ranked 14th by the WBC.

"I know I've got to go in there and do a job on him. I'm in tip-top condition and the best shape I've been in in my entire career, so I'm confident I'm going to smash Mr Vitali Klitschko to bits.

"I'm going to war with him. I'll make sure that he won't get to use his big height and reach advantage against me with the way I'm going to fight him and I've got the eighth round in my head that I'm going to stop him in."

Klitschko had spent the build-up to the fight talking up Chisora's credentials, citing his performance against Helenius in Finland in December as proof of his credentials.

"He's the strongest challenger out there and I always want to prove myself against the best,"
source
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5911

PostSubject: Re: Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight   Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 4:48 pm

Surprised this didn't end up in a full on brawl.

That blows my mind that it even happened, a joking slap is one thing; even still!, but he hit him pretty hard it seems.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9471

PostSubject: Re: Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight   Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 8:23 pm

"Dereck who?" is exactly what everyone is saying now, and is exactly what they'll be saying after the fight. Not that it'll be much of a fight.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight   Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:42 am

Yeah, i have a feeling Vitali is gonna make an example outta this fuckin tool and end it early.
Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

Standard Cash : 5580

PostSubject: Re: Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight   Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 3:02 pm

David Haye is a numpty.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight   Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 3:04 pm

affraid

wait... whats a numpty...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight   Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight Empty

Back to top Go down

Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at weigh-in for world title fight
Page 1 of 1