The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) Vote_lcapMMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) Voting_barMMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) Vote_lcapMMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) Voting_barMMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35180

MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) Empty
PostSubject: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:35 pm

MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) Fantas10
OK, Season 1 has just come to an end (August 2012 to August 2013).
Please respond to this post if you are interested in joining this year.  
Last year there were two categories ("Total Points" and "Record against the rest of the league").  First place paid $2500 (standard cash) in each cateogry, while 2nd place got $500.  There was also a payout of $15 per win over the course of the season for those who did not place.
We are increaseing the pot this season if we can get at least 5 participants.  $6000 for first place, $1500 for second place, and $50 per victory for all participants.

Please read the general rules below.  (remember this is just for fun, so try not to poke too many holes).
Let me know ASAP if you want in.
I will need everyone's Proxy draft list by end of the day on August 12th.  For season 1 participants, I will need to know who your keepers are (if any).
Be the first new member to respond to gaurantee your 1st overall pick!

Draft Rules:
1.  Each participant will draft a team of 10 fighters (subject to change based on number of participants).
2.  You must have at least one fighter from each of the top 5 weight classes, and at least 2 fighters from the 145 or lower weight classes (as of today).  Your remaining draft picks can be in any weight class.  We will not be drafting WMMA fighters.
3.  Drafts will be done using your own proxy list where your "best available" will be drafted automatically.  (ie... you don't have to worry about being around for a live draft).  When drafting, I will pick the highest fighter still available on your list, unless it comes down to you still needing to fill a gap in a weight class.
4.  This will be a "snake" draft, meaning the person who picks last in the first round will pick first in the second round (and so on).
5.  When filling out your proxy list, I suggest listing at least 50 fighters.  If your list is too short and you have nobody left on your list, I will default to the next highest ranked athlete available from the site's "top 10 rankings" (starting with HW).  You also have the option to list fighters you definitely do not want along with your proxy list in case your list is too short.
6.  Draft order.  This is a keeper league.  Season 1 winners can keep up to 4 of their current roster fighters in exchange for the following respective round draft picks (2nd, 5th, 6th, 7th).  The order will be determined by the order I recieve confirmation you would like to join (first come basis).  Then with season 1 members from lowest to highest score from this year.  I will have the last pick in the first round.

How do I win?
Two Ways.  

1.  Most Points
a.  Each team will be ranked by total points based on the following scoring.
b.  Win = 2 Points
c.  Loss = -1 Point (penalty waived if your team has two guys fighting each other).
d.  Draw/No Contest = 0 Points
e.  A Finish (TKO/Sub) = 1 bonus point
f.  A win against another fighter in the league = 1 bonus point
g.  Tie Breakers in the following order:  1) Points in Head-to-Head Matches, 2) Most Wins, 3) Highest League winning percentage.

2.  League Standings
a.  Your winning percentage against the rest of the league. (only fights against other league fighters are counted for this category)
b.  Ties broken in the following order:  Head-to-Head winning percentage, 2) Most Matches, 3) Most Finishes, 4) Most Points.

Why two ways to win?
Since this over the course of a year, there is a chance a member gets stuck with a team with several inactive fighters due to suspensions, retirement, injury, etc...  Winning Percentage is blind to number of fights, so will still give guys a chance to win even with low activity.

Can I cut a guy who sucks?
Yes.  Each team is allowed 2 trades (first come first serve by private message) they can use at any time during the season.  Season will end after August 17, 2014 or a one week lapse without a fight from team member (whatever comes second).
You may trade with a free agent fighter (any fighter not currently on a team), or with another team member.
You will be penalized 1 point for letting a fighter go (so make it worth it).

Are there some strategies to drafting?
1.  I would stick with guys you think will get a lot of activity, as you will have more chances to score points.  You may be treading on thin ice to draft a guy who may retire soon.
2.  There IS an incentive to draft guys who finish fights more often, however inactivity will hurt you more than a guy who doesn't finish fights.
3.  Likely better off to draft guys who will be fighting other guys in our league.  Although, any fighter with a Sherdog profile is eligible to be drafted, if you pick some guy in some remote fight league you likely will not get any bonus points for beating a guy on someone else's team.

What happens when fight outcomes are overruled?
Sherdog fight statistics within 24 hours of the fight will hold.  (ie.. if a fight gets ruled a NC when a fighters drug test results come back a week later, points will not be adjusted).  24 hours grace will be given in the event of erroneous  score cards, etc..

What happens if one of my fighters changes weight classes during the season.
It doesn't matter.  You only need to have the specified number of athletes in each weight class for drafting purposes.

I think I covered everything.  If you can think of any nuances before you submit your proxy list, please let me know beforehand.  Afterwards, I will have to make the final decision.
REMEMBER... THIS IS JUST FOR FUN.  No cost to participate, and essentially no time commitment for the entire year once you make your proxy list.  I assume all the burden of keeping the scoring up to date.

Please post any questions.

Last edited by stock on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31166

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 5:15 pm

I'll try this year
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22838

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:23 pm

In
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59432

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 9:45 pm

I'm in.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 2:16 pm

So far I have the following people in tentative draft order:

Grey Suit
Triggerman
Chrom
Berserk
Stock

Please get me your proxy draft lists by end of day on Monday so I can start putting together the draft boards before the MMA event this weekend.
For those, who had teams last season, I will also need your list of keepers.

Please submit everything to me via PM.

I will except any other new comers as well. Your 1st round draft position will be after Grey Suit in the order I get your proxy lists.
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28608

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:23 am

How many can we keep from last season again?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:54 pm

stock wrote:
Season 1 winners can keep up to 4 of their current roster fighters in exchange for the following respective round draft picks (2nd, 5th, 6th, 7th)

Last edited by Chrom on Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:58 pm

Also I added a fantasy league season 2 image to the top. We will sweeten the pot to the 2 top winners this season with a surprise MMA gift pack!
MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) Questi10
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 1:22 pm

Berserk wrote:
How many can we keep from last season again?
Berserk, please go by the "official" rules in this thread.
See Drafting Rule #6 in the first post in this thread.

You can keep 0 up to 4.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 2:43 pm

oh shit... I'm a retart.... I corrected my quote.
Face Palm 
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28608

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 12:24 am

Sweet, thanks
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 9:03 am

Trigger... just waiting for yours, and I can get started with the proxy draft.
Anyone else who is interested, let me know asap so I can delay the draft a bit. Otherwise, I will get started as soon as Trigger has his Proxy list (and keepers) submitted.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:24 pm

Shit, sorry about that. I'll try to get it in within the hour.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:29 pm

No rush... just want to make sure I am not cutting anyone out who wants in. I'd like to have the rosters set in time to give folks a couple days to make tweaks before the first event starts. I am traveling all week too so won't have as much time to spend on it.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 12:52 pm

I'm patiently waiting to see my losing team.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:25 pm

Not waiting on me anymore. I submitted my list a few days ago. Stock said he's kind of busy this week, so I'd imagine we'll be seeing them sometime today or tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:38 pm

Yeah right slacker!
(side note my 8 year old just saw his first boobs, he turned red and ran)
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 4:22 pm

Chrom wrote:
(side note my 8 year old just saw his first boobs, he turned red and ran)
LOL
You know, I did consider the possiblity that this could get some people into trouble, unless I cautioned every single post of mine with a "NSFW".
In all seriousness, I don't mind changing it if it's a problem for anybody, so long as you store it in the "Just Tits" thread so I can go visit those perfect ta-tas any time I want.

On the other hand, just be happy your kid's first boob experience was such a lovely one- it could have been a lot worse!
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 8:32 am

Here are everyone's draft picks for this season. Most teams got everyone in their top 15, so folks should be pretty happy.
If anyone would like to make any changes (ie.. Trades with the undrafted list), please get me those changes before the first fight on the Saturday UFC card to avoid a penalty.
Once the fights start this weekend, rosters will be locked and any roster moves will cost one point.

GREY SUIT
Ben Askren
Pat Curran
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Alexander Shlemenko
Stipe Miocic
Eddie Alvarez
Patricio Pitbull
Shahbulat Shamhalaev
Matt Riddle
Ryan Bader

TRIGGERMAN
Gunnar Nelson
Demian Maia
Connor McGregor
Chael Sonnen
Roy Nelson
Mark Munoz
Frankie Edgar
Rafael Dos Anjos
Junior Dos Santos
Kelvin Gastellum

CHROM
John Dodson
Chris Weidman (Keeper)
Josh Burkman
TJ Grant
Johny Hendricks (Keeper)
Daniel Cormier (Keeper)
Shogun Rua
Alistair Overeem
Urijah Faber
Vitor Belfort

BERSERK
Anthony Pettis
Jose Aldo (Keeper)
Chad Mendes
Gegard Mousasi
Benson Henderson (Keeper)
Georges St. Pierre (Keeper)
Cain Velasquez (Keeper)
Renan Barao
Rory MacDonald
Yushin Okami

STOCK
Michael Chandler
Jon Jones (Keeper)
Gilbert Melendes
Cub Swanson
Glover Teixeira (Keeper)
Michael Bisping (Keeper)
Demetrious Johnson
Matt Mitrione
Matt Brown
Hector Lombard
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 9:13 am

Grey Suit taking a new approach with the Bellator strong team, I like it.
I think I actually have a pretty solid team this season!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 9:17 am

Whoa... wait a minute... no one drafted the best striker in MMA...
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:03 pm

He was on my list, but then I figured he's old, and is possible he only fights once in the next 12 months.... and it would be against the same person who just knocked him out. I figured Lombard might get two winable fights.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:05 pm

Yes, I also noticed a different approach by everyone this year. More of a draft of potential and number of winable fights they will get this year.
Last season, most people seemed to pick the best overall fighters.... who in tern usually get the most fights against other really good fighters.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:55 pm

Yeah I had to resist the urge to pick all of my favorites. I also tried to avoid fighters who- while at the top level of the sport- may not be competing all that much lately. My strategy was to pick fighters who are in or near the title hunt and will likely fight a lot to get there, and up and comers who are likely to get some easy fights to build up their hype. I'm happy with my list for sure.
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31166

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 1:47 pm

Bellator guys fight often and their champs are normally a cut above the rest of the guys...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)   MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED) Empty

Back to top Go down

MMA Fantasy - Season 2 (RESPOND IF INTERESTED)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next