The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? Vote_lcapMMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? Voting_barMMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? Vote_lcapMMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? Voting_barMMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?

Go down 
+4
Grey Suit
Triggerman99
stock
Chrom
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22838

MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? Empty
PostSubject: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 3:14 pm

MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? Y7FX0

Stock's getting another season set - http://www.mmastandard.net/t2403p100-fantasy-league-season-2#24473

cheers
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35180

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 4:54 pm

Here are the full rules. First things first.
Let me know if you want in. If you are returning, also let me know your keepers (if any).
New folks, your draft order will be determined by the order you confirm you want to participate.
Draft day is October 14th so start thinking about your proxy draft order (this will not be a live draft). I will need your proxy draft list by 11:59pm on October 13th.

Draft Rules:
1. Each participant will draft a team of 12 fighters (subject to change based on number of participants).
2. You must have at least one fighter from each of the top 8 weight classes as of today’s eligibility (HW, LHW, MW, WW, LW, FW, BW, FLW). Your remaining draft picks can be in any weight class. We will not be drafting WMMA fighters.
3. Drafts will be done using your own proxy list where your "best available" will be drafted automatically. (ie... you don't have to worry about being around for a live draft). When drafting, I will pick the highest fighter still available on your list, unless it comes down to you still needing to fill a gap in a weight class.
4. This will be a "snake" draft, meaning the person who picks last in the first round will pick first in the second round (and so on).
5. When filling out your proxy list, I suggest listing at least 50 fighters. If your list is too short and you have nobody left on your list, I will default to the next highest ranked athlete available from the site's "top 10 rankings" (starting with HW). You also have the option to list fighters you definitely do not want along with your proxy list in case your list is too short.
This is a keeper league. Season 2 teams may keep up to 2 of their current roster fighters in exchange for the following respective round draft picks (2nd, 3rd).
6. Draft order. New members get priority in draft order determined by the time stamp of confirmation to participate. Then with season 2 members from lowest to highest score from this year if they choose to participate again.

How do I win?

Most Points
a. Each team will be ranked by total points earned from qualified “MMA Professional Fights” based on the following scoring.
b. Win = 3 Points
c. Loss = 2 Point Penalty
d. Draw/No Contest = 0 Points
e. A Finish (TKO/Sub) = 2 bonus points
f. A win against another fighter in the league = 1 bonus point
g. A win against a top 10 fighter (per our site’s top 10 rankings) at the time of the fight = 1 bonus point
h. If you have two guys on your team fighting each other, you will have the opportunity to “rest” a fighter for that fight. This means you can pick which fighter to not score for that fight. If I am not notified in time, both fighters will be scored accordingly with no penalties waived.
i. Tie Breakers in the following order: 1) Most wins, 2) Most Wins Against Top 10 Fighters, 3) Most Wins Against League Opponent, 4) Most finishes, 5) Fewest Trades

What can I win?
Winner gets $15,000 in standard cash. 2nd place is $7,500 in standard cash. Also, $150 in standard cash for every win. All payouts will be made at the end of the season.

Can I cut a guy who sucks (or for any reason)?
Yes. Each team is allowed 1 trade (first come first serve by private message) without penalty any time during the season. Season will end after October 14, 2015 or a one day lapse without a fight from a team member (whatever comes second).
You may trade with a free agent fighter (any fighter not currently on a team), or with another team member.
You will be penalized 2 points for any trade thereafter (so make it worth it).

Are there some strategies to drafting?
1. I would stick with guys you think will get a lot of activity, as you will have more chances to score points. You may be treading on thin ice to draft a guy who may retire soon.
2. There IS an incentive to draft guys who finish fights more often and will face a higher level of athletes, however inactivity will hurt you more than anything else.

What happens when fight outcomes are overruled?
Sherdog fight statistics within 12 hours of the fight will hold. (ie.. if a fight gets ruled a NC when a fighters drug test results come back a week later, points will not be adjusted). 12 hours grace will be given in the event of erroneous score cards, etc..

What happens if one of my fighters changes weight classes during the season?
It doesn't matter. You only need to have the specified number of athletes in each weight class for drafting purposes. No restrictions on how your weight classes are filled after the first fight of the season.

I think I covered everything. If you can think of any nuances before you submit your proxy list, please let me know beforehand. Afterwards, I will have to make the final decision.
REMEMBER... THIS IS JUST FOR FUN. No cost to participate, and essentially no time commitment for the entire year once you make your proxy list. I assume all the burden of keeping the scoring up to date.

Please post any questions.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59432

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 10:39 pm

Stock is a goddamn rockstar.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 7:18 pm

In

Do we send you our lists via PM ?
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 10:45 am

You probably want to send your proxy list via PM so others don't see it (but it's ultimately up to you).
I'd ask that you post your keepers (if you want any) in this thread so others know they are off limits.
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31166

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 11:08 am

In
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 2:05 pm

I don't know, I got waxed pretty bad last season, kinda took the fight out of me a little. lol
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 3:14 pm

MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? Thumb_10

Surprised
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 4:27 pm

I got waxed and it's my league.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 5:44 pm

Alright fuck it, I'm in.
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 3995

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 7:28 pm

I'm in cheers
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 8:08 pm

butterknifeninja wrote:
I'm in cheers

Hey!! Where the hell you been?! And don't think I didn't notice what a coincidence it is that you and DRAINBAMAGE both showed up on the same day. How was the honeymoon, you two adorable little lovebirds you! lol

Just kidding. lol! Glad to have you back, man! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 3995

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 10:33 pm

Lol, I posted first, he copied me!

I actually missed talking to you assholes. I originally took a break for some personal reasons but that's been resolved for a while so I think it's time.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 8:44 am

Nice. BKN will have the first overall pick (from non-keepers that is).
With me that makes 5 so far. Hopefully we will get a couple more to make this more fun. It would be nice to get 3-4 fights that actually matter for our league on every card.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 1:37 pm

HOLY SHIT it's BKN! Welcome back man, people are coming out the woodwork!

Stock, I would like to add Dodson and DC to my "keepers list".
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 3:35 pm

I will be keeping nobody.
Need a fresh start, and maybe one of the guys I would have liked to keep slips to a late round.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 6:39 pm

Actually... can I change my keeper list from DC and Dodson to DC and Johny Hendricks?
Looks like Dodson might be out for some time still.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 1:05 pm

Yeah, you can make any changes you want until end of October 13.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 3:09 pm

I'm gonna keep Gunnar Nelson. That's it. Looking at the rough draft of my list, I think I'm gonna get most everybody I really want anyway.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 2:42 pm

Just a reminder, it's one week before the draft.
I have Trigger's proxy list and Chrom's keepers.

There is no penalty for getting me your proxy list early. You can always change it any time before 11:59pm on the 13th....... just saying.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10240

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 3:19 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:

butterknifeninja wrote:
I'm in cheers

Hey!! Where the hell you been?! And don't think I didn't notice what a coincidence it is that you and DRAINBAMAGE  both showed up on the same day. How was the honeymoon, you two adorable little lovebirds you! lol

Just kidding. lol! Glad to have you back, man! Very Happy

hahaha thats crazy we both popped up on the same day...

is it too late for me to jump in this????

welcome back bkn...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 3:47 pm

Nope, like stock said; there's one week until the draft. Get going on a proxy list and PM it to him and your in! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 6:27 pm

Trigger what's your method to proxy list? I think I maybe complicating it this year...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 8:08 pm

Oh my method was very complicated this year! lol
I kind of did it in stages. The first stage I did (the top of my list) is made up mostly of contenders and champions who I don't see losing very often, if at all. I'm thinking that, with a few exceptions, the champions will fight at least twice this year, and my highly rated contenders will be looking to get into a title shot, so therefore will hopefully be active. So in this stage I have some champs like Demetrious Johnson and Cain Velasquez, and some contenders like Dennis Bermudez and Ben Henderson.
Then in the next stage I mostly have fighters who I know have fights coming up soon and are either fighters who I think will be in good position to string together some wins (Joseph Benavidez, Lyoto Machida), or are big fish in little ponds, and likely won't face many serious threats (Marlon Moraes, Vitaly Minakov).
Then my last stage was basicly just fighters (a few I never heard of or barely know of) that have fights coming up soon in the 3 major orgs against opponents ranked significantly lower than them, so I'm hoping for some easy, under the radar wins from that group.

Basicly, my strategy is to go front heavy and get out to an early lead by drafting fighters who are already scheduled to fight, and then hoping to maintain it with enough moderate activity from the rest of my team.

I also had one other little trick I'm trying, but I'll keep that one to myself and hope it pays off! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 9:52 pm

cheers well...
I guess I'm about on par with that... slightly different method, but not much. I hope your new secret trick BOMBS! Troll
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? Empty

Back to top Go down

MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next