The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 Vote_lcapMMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 Voting_barMMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 Vote_lcapMMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 Voting_barMMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?

Go down 
+4
Grey Suit
Triggerman99
stock
Chrom
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59447

MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 10:37 pm

Well judging by my "success" the last 2 seasons, I think it's a pretty safe bet that it will bomb! lol

But yeah, I figured I had to try something different since I've finished at or near the bottom the last two seasons. It hasn't been picking losing fighters so much as it has been just brutal stretches of inactivity that's been killing me. I figure the best way to rectify that is to pick a bunch of fighters who are (basically) guaranteed to fight, and soon. I might handicap myself in the home stretch if some of these lesser known guys lose and then immediately get cut, but it's a chance I gotta take.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35195

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 1:54 pm

I am going to stay the course with my strategy to draft fighters who lose fights and then get injured.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22853

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Hey, now there's a truly inspiring plan of action!

Dance
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 8:35 pm

LOL!! Maybe pick up Wanderlei and Sonnen to really round things out.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 9:57 am

I need your proxy draft list by midnight tonite.
Right now I only have picks from Chrom and Triggerman.

I probably won't do this if I don't have at least 5 teams.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 3:09 pm

Yeah come on! Don't pop in just to say "count me in" and then bail out, you deserters! lol
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16392

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 12:04 am

id play but I have no idea how this works.....but if you need people to keep it going ill give it a shot
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 2:48 am

You just make your own list of fighters you'd like to/expect to win some fights over one year (a list of 50 is probably a good idea). Check the rules that stock posted earlier in this thread to make sure you have all the necessary criteria covered, or I guess you could theoretically just go the default route and just go with whatever fighters fall to you (again, check the rules to see how that would work).

Then you dont gotta do shit! Just see how your team performs over one calendar year, and the team that does the best, wins!
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 10:15 am

OK, I currently have 4 teams (including me).
I'll leave this open one more day in hopes of getting another team or two.

Norcal, it's pretty simple. The only reason for a "Proxy List" is because trying to schedule a live draft would be impossible. So just rank fighters you want in order, and they will automatically get drafted for you as best available from your list.

This is what I currently have in order of draft picks:

1. Triggerman - Keeping Gunnar Nelson and will lose his 2nd round pick.
2. Chrom - Keeping Cormier/Hendricks and will lose 2nd/3rd round picks.
3. Greysuit - Keeping Miocic/Pitbull and will lose 2nd/3rd round picks.
4. Stock - No Keepers

Any newcomers will get the first pick, starting with who I get a proxy list from first.
I get last pick no matter what since it's my league.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 7:15 pm

MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 Lets-g10
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 7:59 pm

You can put me down for two seperate teams if you want, call the other one Triggerdude or something. lol!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 8:09 pm

I think anyone who said they were in that haven't gotten their lists in, should just get a luck of the draw team if they didn't get a proxy list in. Cool
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 12:30 am

I'll take a luck of the draw team.....god help me....

Just been busy at work....maybe make mckgreggor my first pick..
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 2:56 am

That a boy!!
Metal
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 10:57 am

OK guys, the draft is completed.
If anyone else wants to join, they are free to make a team from who is left and submit them on a first come basis.
Everyone else, please look over your team.  You can make any changes you want until midnight friday with no penalty from swapping guys (from the same weight class) with any undrafted fighter.

Few notes.  
Grey Suit was able to get all of his top 10 draft picks except one.  I never heard of Nicholas Dalby!
Chrom had to go with best BW available since didn't have enough on his list...still not a bad pick.
Triggerman struggled with last two weight classes needed as not enough diversity toward the top, and needed to skip about 15 guys just to fill weight classes.
Norcalmatt was easy to draft for as it was just best available from our top 10.  Please check things over as this can lead to some strange picks such as guys that may be fighting eachother soon.

Here is everyone's team in draft order (keepers at the top if applicable).
I'll start a scoring thread once everyone is satisfied with their team.

Norcalmatt
Conor McGregor
Jon Jones
Chris Wiedman
TJ Dillashaw
Fabricio Werdum
Gilbert Melendez
Chad Mendes
Junior Dos Santos
Luke Rockhold
Michael McDonald
Rory MacDonald
Ian McCall

Triggerman
Gunnar Nelson
Demetrious Johnson
Benson Henderson
Shinya Aoki
Alexander Gustafsson
Gegard Mousasi
Lyoto Machida
Rafael Dos Anjos
Matt Mitrione
Frankie Edgar
Erik Perez
Augusto "Dodger" Montano

Chrom
Dan Cormier
Johnny Hendricks
Cub Swanson
Ronaldo Souza
Mark Hunt
Donald Cerrone
Scott Jorgensen
Brandon Halsey
Tito Ortiz
Vitaly Minakov
Yushin Okami
Marlon Moraes

Grey Suit
Stipe Miocic
Patricio Pitbul (Freire)
Ryan Bader
John Dodson
Robbie Lawler
Michael Bisping
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Douglas Lima
Brett Johns
Nicolas Dalby
Aljamain Sterling
Justin Gaethje

Stock
Cain Velasquez
Anthony Pettis
Jose Aldo
Travis Brown
Dennis Bermudez
Joseph Benavidez
Urijah Faber
Emanuel Newton
Hector Lombard
Mamed Khalidov
Carlos Diego Ferreira
Patrick Cummins

Last edited by stock on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 11:14 am

cheers I got pretty much what I was looking for aside from McGreggor and Stipe... not too bad!
TEAM TITO! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 11:25 am

I notice more of us went with a few Bellator guys this go around...
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 1:33 pm

My toughest pick was Middleweight. So many WWs I would have rather had.
I almost picked up Anderson Silva on a whim...
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 3:47 pm

side note: my team name shall be.........The Vinegar Strokes! cheers War! cheers
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 5:36 pm

I'm gonna drop Ben Askren and pick up Dodger Montano.
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31181

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 6:36 pm

Chrom wrote:

Sure you trend followers did, but not us (as in I) trend setters, well that and Bellator has not released the weight classes and fighters that will be in the next tournament.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 7:57 pm

Grey Suit wrote:

Chrom wrote:

Sure you trend followers did, but not us (as in I) trend setters, well that and Bellator has not released the weight classes and fighters that will be in the next tournament.
yeah yeah... we get it
MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 Best-memes-boromir
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 8:39 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
I'm gonna drop Ben Askren and pick up Dodger Montano.

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15327

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 9:14 am

damn chrom i'm sorry i saw your pm this morning. Do you guys still have a spot open for me?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 9:18 am

Yeah, you can join.
stock wrote:
OK guys, the draft is completed.
If anyone else wants to join, they are free to make a team from who is left and submit them on a first come basis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?   MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

MMA Fantasy League - Season 3 Who's coming with me?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next