The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  Vote_lcapBJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  Voting_barBJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  Vote_lcapBJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  Voting_barBJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch

Go down 
+5
butterknifeninja
the commie
DEP
Triggerman99
9Teen_AT4
9 posters
AuthorMessage
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7706

BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  Empty
PostSubject: BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch    BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:24 pm

BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  35195437_large

Quote :
Apparently, no hatchet has been buried between B.J. Penn and Nick Diaz, at least not on "The Prodigy's" side, as it seems the Hawaiian is still a little bitter about his loss to the wily Stockton native.

After (temporarily?) retiring from the sport of mixed martial arts (MMA) following his unanimous decision loss to the former Strikeforce welterweight champion at UFC 137 back in October, Penn has seemingly changed his amiable tune and now has some choice words for Diaz.

Either that, or someone hacked his social media account.

"The Prodigy" took to his official Twitter account to call out the UFC 143 headliner and post the above photo of the two together after the fight, saying that Diaz used coward-like tactics to beat a smaller man.

Even Jon Fitch couldn't escape from being picked on by the Hawaiian.

BJ Penn wrote:
@nickdiaz209 Look how much bigger you are in this pic..I thought you were gonna scrap from the beginning homie? What was that coward fence holding strategy to tire out the smaller man? Street fighter my ass! I made you fight like glass jaw @jonfitchdotnet poser! I'll be ready for that weak bs next time we fight!

Quote :
Oh snaps!

A few weeks after their UFC 137 clash, Cesar Gracie, Nick's trainer, extended an open invitation out to "The Prodigy" in hopes that he would come down to the "209" and join forces with the Cesar Gracie fight team alongside Diaz. The former two division (155 -170) Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) champion wanted no part in joining forces with the crew from California.

Did Penn just fire the first bullet in his comeback trail? If so, he will have to wait in line if he hopes to rematch Diaz anytime soon.

That's because the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) black belt has bigger fish to fry at the moment in the form of Carlos Condit as they are set to headline UFC 143 on Feb. 4 in Las Vegas, Nevada, to crown the interim UFC welterweight champion in the wake of Georges St. Pierre's recent surgery that will have him sidelined for most of 2012.

Confirmed it was truly BJ by BJPenn.com

Source

Last edited by 9Teen_AT4 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59444

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch    BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:40 pm

Rolling Eyes

Wow.....that's sad.
What took him so long to bring this up? All of the sudden now he has a beef with it? He didn't have shit to say about the fight at all for how long now, and now he wants to start lashing out on Twitter?!

I'm losing more respect for BJ every time he speaks. I'm hoping it's some just some Yes-Man getting in his ear and egging him on, and not just him sitting around inventing excuses as to why he lost so handily.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9483

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch    BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:13 pm

Someone hacked his account, that's my guess. He's usually not a big smack talker unless he has a fight coming up and I'm pretty sure he retired again.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7959

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch    BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:19 pm

wow..im confused
is this true? how can you make excuses? thats not a way to behave for a former champ and one of the best ever.
not ones did i think Diaz used some unfair tactics.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch    BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:24 pm

DEP wrote:
Someone hacked his account, that's my guess. He's usually not a big smack talker unless he has a fight coming up and I'm pretty sure he retired again.

Yeah after reading it again a few times, it doesn't sound like him. I don't think I've ever heard him say "homie" before, and the fact that he described himself as the smaller man doesn't fit. Even though he is, BJ isn't one to look at himself as lesser or disadvantaged in any way. He wouldn't put himself out there like that, IMO.
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4007

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch    BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:26 pm

No, it was definitely him. Confirmed on BJPenn.com

I love BJ as a fighter but some of the shit he says drives me nuts. One day he's a monster, wrecking guys like Sherk, Florian, etc and other days he's lethargic, unmotivated, and making excuses (and not even good excuses!). He needs to make up his mind if he's going to work to his potential or if he's going to retire, surf, and coach.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5731

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch    BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:19 pm

Time after time Baby J does the same thing every time he loses..... and this surprises anyone how? We're just lucky he and his mom aren't appearing in front of the Commission again getting them to investigate "fence holding".

C'mon Baby J ... you lost again cause a guy hit you in the face and harder waaaay more than you did to him.
Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

Standard Cash : 5592

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch    BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:15 pm

butterknifeninja wrote:
No, it was definitely him. Confirmed on BJPenn.com

I love BJ as a fighter but some of the shit he says drives me nuts. One day he's a monster, wrecking guys like Sherk, Florian, etc and other days he's lethargic, unmotivated, and making excuses (and not even good excuses!). He needs to make up his mind if he's going to work to his potential or if he's going to retire, surf, and coach.

Thanks for the link - Yeah thats an intersting article. Looks like he is trying to get a rematch alright. I'd love to see that fight but this is a bit of a shit way of going about it - it may well work but still...not cool.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch    BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:29 pm

If he wants to keep fighting, then great!

But I don't care how much cries or complains, he absolutely should not get a rematch with Diaz. He got handled- fair and square.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3783

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch    BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:54 pm

Yeah that's kind of lame, but I think part of Penn's problem has been never training with another camp full time.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch    BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 2:22 am

Dude!!!!!
Go train with the Diaz Brothers!

Don't hate....participate!
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4007

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch    BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:13 am

Another post from BJ. This time from his Facebook page.

Quote :
My recent comments have nothing to do with my loss. I know I lost.
This has everything to do with the HUGE amount of disrespect he had shown pre fight during the fight and post fight.. Not only disrespecting me but the sport as well. To me flipping people off and consistently cussing post fight is disgraceful.. It's strange how some actually honor him for that kind of behavior. But oh well. Maybe I'm just old fashioned like that.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22850

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch    BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:43 am

Posturing to get a title fight re-match if Diaz wins
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9483

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch    BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 7:12 pm

butterknifeninja wrote:
Another post from BJ. This time from his Facebook page.

Quote :
My recent comments have nothing to do with my loss. I know I lost.
This has everything to do with the HUGE amount of disrespect he had shown pre fight during the fight and post fight.. Not only disrespecting me but the sport as well. To me flipping people off and consistently cussing post fight is disgraceful.. It's strange how some actually honor him for that kind of behavior. But oh well. Maybe I'm just old fashioned like that.

Is this the same BJ who punched a cop in the face outside a night club?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch    BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:58 am

No BJ.

Just no...

BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  Thumbsdown
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7706

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch    BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:30 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:

No BJ.

Just no...

BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  Thumbsdown

lmao ! +1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch    BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch  Empty

Back to top Go down

BJ Penn Twitter Rant - Calls out Nick Diaz and mentions Jon Fitch
Page 1 of 1