The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos Vote_lcapOvereem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos Voting_barOvereem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos Vote_lcapOvereem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos Voting_barOvereem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos

Go down 
+3
Gecko
Krieger
Chrom
7 posters

Who Will Win This HW Title Battle?
Junior Dos Santos
Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos Vote_lcap48%Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos Vote_rcap
 48% [ 21 ]
Alistair Overeem
Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos Vote_lcap52%Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos Vote_rcap
 52% [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 44

AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22854

Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos Empty
PostSubject: Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos   Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 1:30 pm

Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos Jds_vs10
" After finishing Brock Lesnar’s UFC career in UFC 141, 6-foot-5 behemoth Alistair Overeem is now setting his sights on reigning UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos.

Overeem said he is looking forward to a full stand up action against Dos Santos.

“I love the striking,” Overeem said of Dos Santos’ fighting style in an interview with MMA Fighting.

Overeem is an accomplished kick boxer and is willing to mix it up with a striker like Dos Santos.

“Dos Santos' game is excellent for me. It's gonna be a war. I'm gonna be well prepared and I'm really looking forward to it,” he said.

Overeem made a smashing UFC debut by demolishing fellow giant Lesnar in just one round over the weekend.

He finished off Lesnar with a kick to the liver that sent the former WWE superstar to his knees.

The referee stopped the fight at the 2:26 mark of the first round after Lesnar could no longer respond to Overeem's punches.

Lesnar announced his retirement from the Octagon shortly after the loss.

Overeem said he was surprised by Lesnar’s departure."
source

Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5735

PostSubject: Re: Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos   Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 2:11 pm

I will bet all of my pitiful standard cash remains on the "Horseman".
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15328

PostSubject: Re: Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos   Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 4:05 pm

damn what to do? Do you take the boxer or the kickboxer? this is to close to call for me.
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4011

PostSubject: Re: Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos   Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 8:33 pm

Very close, but I think Overeem's clinch game will give him the edge. Those knees he landed against Lesnar looked nasty
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10309

PostSubject: Re: Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos   Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:38 pm

I give it to Overeem just because there hasn't been a heavyweight champ to hold the title for more than a fight or two in a while...I think JDS will be another flash in the pan.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22854

PostSubject: Re: Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos   Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:33 pm

I agree with Samger here
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5735

PostSubject: Re: Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos   Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:10 am

When you surprise yourself by winning a fight against a fighter that scares you it doesn't bode well for your staying power in a division. I really don't know that JDS has the heart of the warrior it takes to hold the title.

Liddell, Couture, GSP, Hughes, Penn, Anderson .... guys with warrior hearts you need to hold the title... JDS not so much.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7963

PostSubject: Re: Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos   Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:53 pm

its just that evereem is more skilled in the stand up game. maybe much more.
Back to top Go down
ChokingVictim
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
ChokingVictim

Standard Cash : 5715

PostSubject: Re: Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos   Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:46 am

Overeem had no respect for Lesnars striking at all, his stance was wide open with his arms wide and his chin out, Im guessing hell revert back to his usual K-1 stance for this one with his hands up.

One win over a guy with no striking whatsoever isnt enough to make me believe hell stop JDS, a month ago we were asking is he for real because of the Werdum fight, and now hes fighting the champ who completely cleared out the UFC HW division to win the title.

Overeem has been KOd numerous times, JDS has taken good shots and walks right through them. I think the clinch is the key to this fight, if JDS can avoid it and stay to the outside hell have success.

awesome fight, cant wait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos   Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos Empty

Back to top Go down

Overeem looking forward to fight with Dos Santos
Page 1 of 1