The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left" Vote_lcapForrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left" Voting_barForrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left" Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left" Vote_lcapForrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left" Voting_barForrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left" Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left"

Go down 
+3
Triggerman99
lambhimself
Chrom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left" Empty
PostSubject: Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left"   Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left" EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 3:25 pm

Quote :
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin has been through some of the toughest and greatest battles in the Octagon, and the 32-year-old might only have a few left in him, according to a recent interview with MMA Fight Corner.

“If people would pay to see that fight, I’ll get paid to fight that fight," Griffin responded to a question about a third fight with Tito Ortiz. "I care more about where the fight is—I don’t travel well. If that fight happens in the continental United States, I’m down!”

Griffin is 1-1 versus Ortiz and won their previous fight by split decision at UFC 106. The split-decision victory was one of his two wins from his last five fights. A win over Rich Franklin followed, but the two-fight win streak came to an end when Griffin was stopped by Mauricio "Shogun" Rua in their highly-anticipated rematch at UFC 134.

Knockout losses versus Anderson Silva and Rashad Evans both earned him fight of the night awards, but the damage taken in those bouts may have Griffin second-guessing his career path.

“If anything, for me now, I’m realizing that I don’t have much left," Griffin continued. "This is the end of the road for me. I want a couple of more fight fights, you know, good ones! Fights where I don’t get knocked out in the first round. Fights where I get hurt and bleed a little but I kinda rally back. Something of that nature. As far as a fight with Tito, yeah it would be good but do people want to see it?”
source
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5932

PostSubject: Re: Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left"   Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left" EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 3:50 pm

F'n love Forrest, so honest; doesn't care what people think about what he says
and is very intelligent. Enough to ask the question himself, do people want to
see that fight with Tito and he actually cares about there input.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left"   Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left" EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 4:48 pm

Wait...... he got a fight of the night bonus for the Anderson Silva fight? That's gotta be a mistake. I would believe that Silva got KO of the night for that fight, but fight of the night?!

Either way, yeah, I would pay to see Forrest/Tito 3. And I think he's right; he's at the point in both the division and his career where he should be looking at desirable fights, not necessarily contender fights.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left"   Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left" EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 7:17 am

meh
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left"   Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left" EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 8:33 am

I think i would rather see bonnar and griffen 3
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left"   Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left" EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 9:49 am

I wouldn't mind seeing him fight winner of Gustafsson/Matyushenko or Phil Davis if he loses to Evans. Vera would also be a fun fight to watch.

I am not interested in seeing Tito fight any more in the UFC unless it's a rematch with Wandy Silva.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5932

PostSubject: Re: Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left"   Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left" EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 11:19 am

stock wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing him fight winner of Gustafsson/Matyushenko or Phil Davis if he loses to Evans. Vera would also be a fun fight to watch.

I am not interested in seeing Tito fight any more in the UFC unless it's a rematch with Wandy Silva.

That is a great idea, especially given Vera's current status in the UFC;
kinda in between sticking around and going out the door.

I don't know how Vera who dominated HW for a good while,
can be so less than impressive in his LHW fights.
I know he didn't dominate persay, but he had a lot of success
over larger men in HW.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left"   Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left" EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 1:41 pm

That took me by surprise too.
I suspect a few things.

1. His style changed completely when he moved down to LHW. He used to be super aggressive and lethal with his knees. When he dropped to LHW, he really started fighting randy couture style and was content grinding out wins by pressing a guy against the cage.

2. I think there is just a huge gap in tallent between the two divisions. He was a tremendous athlete who could really hang with the HWs (that is, before they all started weighing in at 250+ for their fights). But there is just so much more tallent before you can find your way into the top 10 in LHW.

I still think he's a good fighter. I just wish he would get back to his old aggressive style. Guessing he's too far removed from that.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left"   Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left" EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:44 pm

Gecko wrote:
I think i would rather see bonnar and griffen 3

I think 1 and 2 took the life out of them.

I hope they find a spot for Forrest they can capitalize on his personality.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left"   Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left" EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 2:33 am

Yeah....cool.
So, anyway;

Fight of the night?

Really?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left"   Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left" Empty

Back to top Go down

Forrest Griffin: "I'm Realizing That I Don't Have Much Left"
Page 1 of 1