The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito Vote_lcapForrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito Voting_barForrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito Vote_lcapForrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito Voting_barForrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito

Go down 
+2
the commie
Chrom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito Empty
PostSubject: Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito   Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:01 pm

Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito Forres10
Quote :
In a closely contested rubber match between two war-tested veterans, Forrest Griffin defeated Tito Ortiz via unanimous decision in the co-main event of UFC 148 six days ago.

All three fights in the trilogy were close and it could be argued that either fighter won each respective fight, but this result will now be scrutinized for a different reason: Griffin received a testosterone use exemption for testosterone replacement therapy in this fight.

MMA Mania credits Pro MMA Radio host Larry Pope for being the first one to break the news today.

The 34-year-old had already received criticism for leaving the Octagon unannounced after the conclusion of the third round, prior to the results being read, an action he later apologized for.

Griffin's bizarre antics continued when he grabbed the microphone from Joe Rogan after the fight to promote an impromptu interview with Ortiz.

Many considered the move inappropriate, given that Ortiz announced his retirement weeks before the event took place. Ortiz was also inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame the afternoon of July 7.

While Griffin significantly out-struck Ortiz on the feet, he looked every bit as slow and fatigued as the self-proclaimed "People's Champion" as the fight wore on. He also gave up several takedowns and ate plenty of heavy shots on the ground.

Was TRT the difference-maker in this match-up...
source
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito   Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Wow... he certainly didn't seem to be a guy all hopped up....
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7968

PostSubject: Re: Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito   Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:48 pm

at this point i find myself asking who is not on some PEDs. everybody wants an edge.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito   Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:23 pm

Ahhhh Forrest is done. Too bad but age catches up with everybody and truth be told he used up a lot of his head shots fighting Bonnar the first time.... I think its time to hang em up and go back to being a cop.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9492

PostSubject: Re: Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito   Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:21 pm

the commie wrote:
at this point i find myself asking who is not on some PEDs. everybody wants an edge.

Same here. I'm not a big supporter of guilty until proven innocent, but it's almost safe to assume that everyone is on the shit. I mean Forrest?? He's the last guy I'd suspect.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito   Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 6:48 am

You guys know that fighters only take TRT to get them back to nomral levels of human testosterone right? Thats not going to hop you up. The reason Chael got suspended for it (besides not informing the commission) is because they elevated his levels beyond normal... effectively "hopping him up"

I am no Forest apologist as a matter of fact I dont even really like him anymore, but I am just not sure everyone is getting the gist of what TRT does.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito   Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:42 am

Oh I get that part of it, but he didn't even look like he was at his former levels... he seemed sluggish and much older than what he is. Which is what I meant by "hopped up", that fight was probably Forrest's worst winning performance ever.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9492

PostSubject: Re: Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito   Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:38 am

FistK wrote:
You guys know that fighters only take TRT to get them back to nomral levels of human testosterone right? Thats not going to hop you up. The reason Chael got suspended for it (besides not informing the commission) is because they elevated his levels beyond normal... effectively "hopping him up"

I am no Forest apologist as a matter of fact I dont even really like him anymore, but I am just not sure everyone is getting the gist of what TRT does.

I'm with you Fist, I know there's an average level of test for a 34 year old and TRT will restore it. The thing is that everyone knows what the word "average" means. That means there are guys with higher test levels, and just as many guys with lower levels, and the average level of course falls somewhere in the middle. It's strange that a lot of the lower level guys are suddenly showing up in the UFC. Ok it may not be technically illegal because it's treating a condition that does actually have a medical basis and definition, but it just seems dirty to me. I think if there's enough money in it then they could find a new definition for a condition to support it. Where's the line? I doubt Forrest, Chael, Hendo, Couture, Marquardt and who knows how many others would care what their testosterone levels were at if they were CPA's and played men's league basketball on Tuesday night. I kinda miss the days when fans could watch Walter Payton take a defensive line apart and just say "hot damn that guy's fast". Now it's like "great, what's he on?".
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito   Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:39 am

When you get old "Normal" IS a lower level of testosterone. What "Normal" level are these guys trying to get to, 15 years old, 20 years old, is the average of 34 NORMAL?

C'mon... if these Testosterone deficient guys wanna keep fighting give them a forum where they can compete with each other drug free.... say in Strikeforce. Damn if Nate the Great can be their WW champ surely guys like Forrest can fight competitively there and still make a few bucks.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito   Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:35 pm

Chrom wrote:
Oh I get that part of it, but he didn't even look like he was at his former levels... he seemed sluggish and much older than what he is. Which is what I meant by "hopped up", that fight was probably Forrest's worst winning performance ever.

I agree with you 110%...He looked like shit.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito   Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:40 pm

DEP wrote:
FistK wrote:

I'm with you Fist, I know there's an average level of test for a 34 year old and TRT will restore it. The thing is that everyone knows what the word "average" means. That means there are guys with higher test levels, and just as many guys with lower levels, and the average level of course falls somewhere in the middle. It's strange that a lot of the lower level guys are suddenly showing up in the UFC. Ok it may not be technically illegal because it's treating a condition that does actually have a medical basis and definition, but it just seems dirty to me. I think if there's enough money in it then they could find a new definition for a condition to support it. Where's the line? I doubt Forrest, Chael, Hendo, Couture, Marquardt and who knows how many others would care what their testosterone levels were at if they were CPA's and played men's league basketball on Tuesday night. I kinda miss the days when fans could watch Walter Payton take a defensive line apart and just say "hot damn that guy's fast". Now it's like "great, what's he on?".

I hear that man.

Dont get me wrong it's definitely a shitty era. And lets face the facts these guys wouldn't have dangerously low testosterone levels in need of treament if they hadnt done some kind of substance previously. Its just some people have such anger over the topic because they think fighters on trt have a huge advantage over their opponent like a steroid juiced fighter would which isnt the case.

Im with ya though...It still sucks.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito   Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:08 pm

None of this bothers me in the least.
To me, it's someone trying to make a story out of nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito   Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito Empty

Back to top Go down

Forrest Griffin Used TRT for UFC 148 Bout Against Tito
Page 1 of 1