The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 Vote_lcapMonson vs Fedor - Page 2 Voting_barMonson vs Fedor - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 Vote_lcapMonson vs Fedor - Page 2 Voting_barMonson vs Fedor - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Monson vs Fedor

Go down 
+8
butterknifeninja
lambhimself
Chrom
norcalmatt
DEP
Gecko
Triggerman99
Krieger
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

How much would you pay to see Monson vs Fedor?
$50.00
Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
$40.00
 0% [ 0 ]
$30.00
 0% [ 0 ]
$20.00
 0% [ 0 ]
$10.00
Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
I wouldn't pay a dime to see this fight.
Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 Vote_lcap75%Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 75% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9483

Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monson vs Fedor   Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:25 pm

Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 Jeff-monson-communist-shirt

I know there's a pic of him spray painting an anarchy symbol on a federal building somewhere but commies and anarchists work together to get what they want.

You are right, it's cold war era bias. I was a kid in the 80's and watched Rocky IV, Rambo II, Red Dawn and a few others. I've also read the communist manifesto and it's a joke. What a lot of people don't realize is that we do have our own communist type experiment in the US, it's called the military. The fundamentals are strikingly similar. So in that respect I know what it is.

As for the well intentioned communists, they're the useful idiots. The communists who always get to the top are the idealists who are completely disconnected from humanity and have nothing but power and control in their minds, and will offer promises of everything to everyone if it means they'll get it.

As for me, I'm one of the guys they're going to have to line up against a wall and shoot, which history shows they'll have no problem doing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5731

PostSubject: Re: Monson vs Fedor   Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:30 pm

We are all just fodder for the cannon, fertilizer for the field, dollars to be funneled up the ladder. Communist, Capitalist, or wanna be Anarchist we all go to work so we can run off to Walmart to buy the $1.00 socks from China that are on sale "FOR ONE DAY ONLY".... we pay our buck to the poor clerk who isn't even making a living wage or has any health care. She puts it in the till. Walmart takes it out and buys insurance on her and collects when she dies... profits are protected.

Like King from Platoon says: Ever'body know, the po is always being fucked over by the rich. Always have, always will.

Good thing we all get to go home, kick the dog, kiss the kids, fire up the 62" LED (we bought on credit) and watch the fights. Cause in the ring it don't matter if you are a Communist, Capitalist, or wanna be Anarchist.... all that matters is knocking the other guy the fuck out....
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

PostSubject: Re: Monson vs Fedor   Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 7:43 pm

Actually this month I'm splurging for the $9.99 Grave Digger t-shirt, buts yeah.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22850

PostSubject: Re: Monson vs Fedor   Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 9:31 am

Monson got worked standing... Fedor wins via UD
WOOHOOO FEDOR IS KING AGAIN!!!!!

Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 Fedor_11
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59444

PostSubject: Re: Monson vs Fedor   Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 4:10 pm

I guess I gotta update my HW rankings now. Sorry Junior, but this is Fedor's world, and you're just living in it!

Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28620

PostSubject: Re: Monson vs Fedor   Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 4:38 pm

DEP wrote:
Sorry, couldn't get past the first sentence. That is one of the dumbest things ever written in the MMA world. Go cover politics if you want to build mountains of BS.

yeah me too, complete and utter BS. To say that Fedor hasn't earned his spot in MMA history is just straight up retarded. Say what you will about his recent fights, but watching Fedor fight these past few years has been nothing short of amazing.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

PostSubject: Re: Monson vs Fedor   Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 6:58 pm

Ok I calmed down and read it. I think this guy was trying to say that Fedor won't be remembered in history because of all of the tapout goobs who don't recognize any MMA outside of the UFC. It pains me to say that he does have a point. Saying that it isn't a tragedy though is the height of jacktardery.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5731

PostSubject: Re: Monson vs Fedor   Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 7:43 pm

Just saw the video ... cant even write anything new....

Disgusting, the Paper Emperor and M1 should be ashamed of themselves....

Who's next to cement his "legacy" Mother Teresa's corpse?

The greatest fighter of all time? Fuck that ....
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Monson vs Fedor   Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 2:07 am

This is such a hot and cold topic.

Fedor is not a forgettable and irrelevant fighter. But... it's easy to sit there and say -at this point- that he doesn't mean shit in the MMA world.
He was great ..... Fuck it- he was timeless!
But the fact that he keeps getting his ass kicked against top competition and beating less than optimal competion proves that he is done and obsolete in today's MMA world.
Is it easy to say that Fedor is over? Maybe..
But can you honestly say that he didn't kick ass and take names like nobody else in his prime?
But let's call it like it is.
Beat one more can and wrap it up. You're done. It's over now.
Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

Standard Cash : 5592

PostSubject: Re: Monson vs Fedor   Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 5:05 pm

Bleacher Report alert!!!

Only angry nerd 14 year olds may write for BR. This is the Law.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

PostSubject: Re: Monson vs Fedor   Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 6:14 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
This is such a hot and cold topic.

Fedor is not a forgettable and irrelevant fighter. But... it's easy to sit there and say -at this point- that he doesn't mean shit in the MMA world.
He was great ..... Fuck it- he was timeless!
But the fact that he keeps getting his ass kicked against top competition and beating less than optimal competion proves that he is done and obsolete in today's MMA world.
Is it easy to say that Fedor is over? Maybe..
But can you honestly say that he didn't kick ass and take names like nobody else in his prime?
But let's call it like it is.
Beat one more can and wrap it up. You're done. It's over now.

Agree. I think all that's left are the "what if's" and a few "he could've done's" thrown in for good measure.

I'll start, lol: Fedor, if he trained like Sherk or GSP or any other relentless trainer, COULD'VE been a fucking amazing LHW. Look at that pudge, and he fights at 220. There's no way in fuck that he wouldn't have been able to make 205. Imagine aggression like that at 205. Forget Chuck and Wand and Shogun and Couture and all of the other current or future HOF fighters in that division. He would stand bald head and shoulders above every one of them.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Monson vs Fedor   Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:47 pm

Could have? Or still could?
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

PostSubject: Re: Monson vs Fedor   Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:56 pm

Well... I think he was obviously in his prime back in PRIDE, so I'm going with a confident "could have". Jon Jones would light him up, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Monson vs Fedor   Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Yep.
I'm not sure he'd do so hot against any top 5 LHW at this point, but back when he was younger and the competition wasn't quite as stiff he could have been impressive.

Still, it's too bad we never got to see the "Fedor vs" fights we were all hoping to see for so long. You would have thought that of all the super fights that were being brought up involving Fedor, at least one of them surely would have happened. It seems like it was inevitable that he would fight either Randy or Lesnar or somebody from the UFC that wasn't already on the decline.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monson vs Fedor   Monson vs Fedor - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monson vs Fedor
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2