The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva Vote_lcapThe Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva Voting_barThe Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva Vote_lcapThe Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva Voting_barThe Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva

Go down 
+4
FistK
Triggerman99
Gecko
Chrom
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva Empty
PostSubject: The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva   The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:59 am

The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva Silvaf10
So, this is my "troll thread"... essentailly this should put into perspective the double talk that spews from this mans mouth. This first part here I found on another site, but it shows he has been pullin this flip-flop stuff for a while now.
Quote :
here is a quote from silva saying that he would like to fight at LHW, and even at HW :

"I’m actually far from cleaning out my division. I feel like there may be guys that are even better than me coming into the UFC. Proof that there’s tough guys in the division is Demian Maia right now... (the fight’s) going to be a big challenge for me. My goal is still to put on as many great fights in the UFC ( lol ), as many victories as I can throughout the three divisions -- middleweight, light heavyweight and possibly heavyweight. "

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/3/24/13879 ... ighting-at

Ok, another thing, you know how belfort dropped out of his fight with silva at UFC 112 ? well rashad evans was set to be a replacement and silva had no problem fighting him at LHW :

“I may fight at Light Heavyweight in Abu Dhabi, probably against Rashad Evans. Nothing
is sure yet, and the boss will probably take some time to release that, so please don’t write anything about that.”

http://www.lowkick.com/UFC/Rashad-Evans ... C-112-6507

Silva also expressed interest in dropping weight and facing GSP at WW

“I’d like to test myself and I always love to take on new challenges,” Silva said of his thoughts about a drop to 170 pounds from the middleweight limit of 185 “It’s not that I want to go fight Georges St. Pierre for his title. There’s no doubt in my mind that he’s the reigning champion, the absolute champion, in that weight category"

etc, etc, etc

NOW that was all before UFC 113, Silva practically wanted to fight in 4 weight classes ALL BEFORE UFC 113.

UFC 113 happens, shogun wins the belt and expressed interests in fighting anderson :

“We’ve always had a good relationship, but we were never close,” said Shogun in regards to Silva during a recent conversation with Tatame.com. “I’ve always admired Anderson on the gym, but we were never friends… If UFC wanted to, I’d confront Anderson.

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2010/06/14/ ... r-friends/

then all of a sudden, anderson wants to retire at MW ?lol no more WW,LHW and HW fights for andy ? lol :

"I now want to retire at middleweight " Anderson silva

So those are some older ones that were easy to find. Now lets jump into the present and see what Andy has had to say.

When asked if he'd fight Jon Jones, Silva said:
Quote :
"No chance. *He's in a different weight class, **we are friends and we won't fight each other."
*No problems with weight classes here:
The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva Anders10
or here
The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva Silvaaa
He also has no problems fighting some one else in a lower weight class or rather having them move up. IE GSP

**Jones and Silva are friends... so he won't fight him, but when addressing the Munoz fight he says
Quote :
“I hadn’t even seen that (Munoz’s challenge). I thought Munoz was a friend, but that’s okay..”
So to anyone willing to actually take a look at it, it seems that Silva has just used what ever excuse is suitable for him at the time.

Anderson addressing the Sonnen rematch:
Quote :
“He does not deserve to fight me. *I didn’t get where I am by being arrogant or teasing someone. In this business, there is no room for it.
**He also got caught doping, which is worse. He just tarnishes the image of the sport with his provocative ways.”

*No arrogance or teasing here:
The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva S6udj9
or here
The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva Iqhaxc

**Yet Anderson recently admitted he took pain killers prior to his win over Yushin.

So there you have it folks, the Chrom Troll Thread, or Silva and a bunch of double talkin jive. So, what do you guys think? Feel free to open up a bit on this one... Smile
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva   The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:21 am

sounds like a lot of propaganda to me. lol! just kidding
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva   The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:51 am

lol!
This is awesomely angry!

So......would it be better if I just stayed out of this one and let you vent in peace?

jocolor
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva   The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 1:31 pm

I don't know...I took the whole he wouldn't fight Jon Jones thing to mean the same as when he wouldn't fight Machida. They don't fight in his weight class so he wasn't going to specifically jump out of his class to fight a friend.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7715

PostSubject: Re: The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva   The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 1:46 pm

I feel Anderson does whatever Anderson wants, and says whatever Anderson says.... Truly he is the man of contradictions... But we all know he is scared to face Sonnen again. He is ducking Sonnen.... But guess what! It's not up to him who he wants to fight, it's Joe Silva and Dana White. Fans want to see the rematch, and that one will make alot of money!

It's all about the dollar and not always what Anderson wants. Heck even Ed Soares knows whats up! He knows Chael and Anderson II will make money.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva   The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 1:59 pm

All the answers are in the ring my friend .... all the answers are in the ring.

It used to be there was more fighting than shit-talking ... now... the shit-talking is getting way more air time than the fights.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva   The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 3:12 pm

^^^
Agree. All it accomplishes is polarization among the fanbase.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7968

PostSubject: Re: The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva   The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 3:15 pm

for a while now, and this proves it, ive been sure that anderson really just doesnt want his legacy as a best fighter of all time to be destroyed. just like fedor.
ok, as much as fedors management are a bunch of douchebags, he never ducks anybody in order to secure his legacy. anderson is in love with his image and is afraid to lose it.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva   The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 7:32 pm

Heh fan base polerized... Fedor ducks EVERYBODY. Hes fighting Jeff Monson for Christs sake... where does he fit on the heavyweight ladder?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva   The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 12:57 am

the commie wrote:
for a while now, and this proves it, ive been sure that anderson really just doesnt want his legacy as a best fighter of all time to be destroyed. just like fedor.
ok, as much as fedors management are a bunch of douchebags, he never ducks anybody in order to secure his legacy. anderson is in love with his image and is afraid to lose it.

Like I said;
Polarized.

To be fair, whenever a Chael thread is posted, I find myself disliking him more and more based on the garbage he spews. But then again, I never started a thread about why I hate him.

Damn it!! I promised myself I would stay out of this.
Damn you Chrom and your masterful influence!!!

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7715

PostSubject: Re: The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva   The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 11:17 pm

He is afraid to fight the MOST INTERESTING MAN IN THE UFC.

Stay Thirsty My Friends.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5932

PostSubject: Re: The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva   The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 11:11 am

^^^
Agree!

Krieger is spot on and I love the evidence in the light;
as has been said he does and says what is convenient for
him in any given moment.

He is scared of Sonnen straight up, the only thing that fueled
that late round triangle in there fight was fear; it too bad Sonnen
was blinded by the bright lights of impending victory and got caught.

Silva is truly one in the same as a fighter like Sonnen, does and says
similar things just with different context and more respect is all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva   The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva Empty

Back to top Go down

The Many Contradictions of Anderson Silva
Page 1 of 1