The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
TUF 11/9 *spoilers* Vote_lcapTUF 11/9 *spoilers* Voting_barTUF 11/9 *spoilers* Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
TUF 11/9 *spoilers* Vote_lcapTUF 11/9 *spoilers* Voting_barTUF 11/9 *spoilers* Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

TUF 11/9 *spoilers*

Go down 
+3
Gecko
Berserk
samger2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10308

TUF 11/9 *spoilers* Empty
PostSubject: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:24 pm

The fight went down as I would've expected...even though the previews tried to make us think otherwise by saying something about an "unexpected and shocking result!" or something like that. But My heart grows happier each time some super cocky fighter gets his ass handed to him. Awesome job to Bermudez for containing himself under heavy pressure and almost getting knocked out 3 times. And then to watch Akira cry and hug Bisping like he was a 3 year old scared of the dark was priceless.

Great episode
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28623

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:06 am

Yeah not a huge surprise, but I'm glad Akira lost since all the trash he was talking and the fact that he says he is a BJJ black belt, but taps without really defending much.

Glad that the fight was exciting because this episode dragged on and on... I don't care about the pranks too much and the dynamic of the house I could care less about.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15327

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:50 am

john Bedford is the biggest whinny little bitch i have ever heard. Akira come close in 2nd.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:25 am

Yeah, the pranks are pretty immature and stupid.

I don't really get that about Johnny when I see him...doesn't come across to me as whiny at all really.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:58 am

Another thing I really like to see in a fight is when a fighter listens to their corner...Burmudez listened to Mayhem perfectly when he was trying to sink that choke...as soon as he did what he was told Akira tapped.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:04 am

samger2 wrote:
Yeah, the pranks are pretty immature and stupid.

I don't really get that about Johnny when I see him...doesn't come across to me as whiny at all really.

I guess i should have explained further. When miller does pranks bedford thinks they are funny and all good. but when bisping does it he is classes or it's not funny at all.He has major stick up his ass for Bisping it seems like. but it's all good. Dodson is going to take his head off and it will be all good.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:34 am

I gotcha. I see your point. I think Dodson will win without question, but I really hope Johnny wins. I can't stand Dodson worse than Johnny for sure.
Back to top Go down
Dremora
Training Dummy
Training Dummy

Standard Cash : 4706

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:50 pm

Am I the only one who finds Akira hilarious? Ashame he lost.

Come on Dodson!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:24 pm

Dremora wrote:
Am I the only one who finds Akira hilarious? Ashame he lost.

Come on Dodson!

I like Akira for the most part. I would have respected him a lot more if he didn't start crying like Andy Wang did. it sucks he lost. i was pulling for him and several times i thought he was about to win.I actually had the guy in the finale against Diego. But i think 2 Bispings and 2 Millers will come out of this for the finale.

Diego vs. Burmudez

TJ vs. Dodson

funny side note, I cant help but always look at Dodson as a team Bisping member. i know he is not and i find myself catching me all the time making that mistake. Any one else have this problem or am I just lame?
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:44 pm

I don't see Akira as funny at all. Annoying actually. He's got heavy hands, but that's all he has.

I like that Akira gave it his all and still came up short...whereas Bermudez fought a sloppy fight and not near his potential, and still won.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22853

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:36 pm

Akira is a punk with a cool name and little to no skills.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5926

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 4:41 pm

I was exstatic with the outcome of the fight, glad Bermudez hung in there; and the choke was awesome. Akira crying and holding Bisping was the most romantic thing I ever see on television; it was also awesome when Akira appeared to be going after Bermudez after the fight was over as if it were the 2nd round or something (even thought the ring was full of people.

Looking forward to the rest of the fights this season and the finale when Bisping KO'd again!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59447

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:36 pm

Gecko,
I think it's funny that you are annoyed by Bedford for being two-faced about the pranks, because Bisping seems to be more guilty of that than anybody.
He laughed his ass off after the big fire extinguisher thing (it's also worth noting that Miller has a pretty good sense of humor about himself, because he was laughing, as well), but when Akira simply sprayed a little water on him from inside the bathroom door, Bisping flipped his shit. You could see him look shocked for a second, then he visibly became enraged and proceeded to kick the door in at full force (thinking it was Miller, mind you- the guy who's whole team Bisping himself just pranked, 10 times worse than getting sprayed with a little water).

Bisping is the biggest example IMO of "can dish it out, but can't take it".
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:49 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:

Totally agree! See how he reacted when he was sprayed with water from Akira? Thinking it was Miller and kicked down the door.... I swear the doors at the UFC training center are made of cardboard.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:07 pm

Yeah it seems that sometimes the fighters are actually breaking them by accident. LOL!

But I'm glad it wasn't just me that noticed that about Bisping. He looked like he wanted to fucking bite somebody. Over what? A little water? Dude, you just filled the entire training center with fire extinguisher discharge- most of it directly into the faces of the fighters- and you laughed your ass off! Now you're gonna go all S.W.A.T. on a door because someone shot a little water at you? Lighten up. Pranking goes both ways, otherwise there's no fun in it.
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:17 pm

has anyone actually breathed in that shit from a fire extinguisher? That is a horrible feeling and it sticks inside your lungs for several hours or even days.... I would be pissed if my fight was the next day and I was forced to breath in that garbage.

Bisping is acting like a tool and that whole speech he had a few weeks ago about fighters doing things that make them look like an asshole was just fucking retarded. No wonder this guy is one of the most hated fighters in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 7:21 am

Has Bisping ever NOT acted like a tool?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:00 pm

samger2 wrote:
Has Bisping ever NOT acted like a tool?
Yeas. Once. it was a Tuesday. It lasted like 38 seconds. he must've been daydreaming or something.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:27 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Gecko,
I think it's funny that you are annoyed by Bedford for being two-faced about the pranks, because Bisping seems to be more guilty of that than anybody.
He laughed his ass off after the big fire extinguisher thing (it's also worth noting that Miller has a pretty good sense of humor about himself, because he was laughing, as well), but when Akira simply sprayed a little water on him from inside the bathroom door, Bisping flipped his shit. You could see him look shocked for a second, then he visibly became enraged and proceeded to kick the door in at full force (thinking it was Miller, mind you- the guy who's whole team Bisping himself just pranked, 10 times worse than getting sprayed with a little water).

I have to disagree with you there. he laughed the tire thing off which was the first prank. The water bottle thing pissed him off cause he thought at first it was that punk ass coach on miller teams spraying him again. when he found out it was akira he started to play around with him and Bass after that. Plus lets be fare here guys, we all know how much this show is cut and paste and the timing on the Innocent are not always on par. hell i think Koscheck and hueghs are some of the biggest douche bag coaches to ever coach but i can still say that some of there antics where probably out of context still.

and i will say lol! at the thought you all think pillow hands miller is gonna ko bisping. If miller wins, it's going to be because he spooned him for 5 rounds. (which i doubt miller can even last that long)he wont sub bisping and he sure as hell aint going to knock him out.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:46 pm

As much as I want Miller to win, I can't see anyway he'll KO bisping...so yeah I agree if he wins it'll be by way of spoonage...or POSSIBLY sub
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:53 pm

Gecko wrote:
Triggerman99 wrote:
Gecko,

I have to disagree with you there. he laughed the tire thing off which was the first prank. The water bottle thing pissed him off cause he thought at first it was that punk ass coach on miller teams spraying him again. when he found out it was akira he started to play around with him and Bass after that. Plus lets be fare here guys, we all know how much this show is cut and paste and the timing on the Innocent are not always on par. hell i think Koscheck and hueghs are some of the biggest douche bag coaches to ever coach but i can still say that some of there antics where probably out of context still.

and i will say lol! at the thought you all think pillow hands miller is gonna ko bisping. If miller wins, it's going to be because he spooned him for 5 rounds. (which i doubt miller can even last that long)he wont sub bisping and he sure as hell aint going to knock him out.

But you skirted the issue. He did flip out when he thought Team Miller was pranking him, and he laughed his ass off when he pranked Team Miller. There was no editing there. It was plain as day.

I enjoy that they're pranking each other; it's entertaining. But if Bisping is gonna get mad about it and Miller isn't, then it's no fun. He was obviously enraged that Miller (or so he thought) sprayed him with some water. That's a little temperamental for someone who just doused people with a fire extinguisher.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 1:05 pm

okay far enough so then i guess it is safe to say that demarcus johnson really over reacted then when bisping gave him a little squirt of water then though right? I still think peeps are coming down way to hard on the guy. he is just doing what people want, to give them a reason to hate him.

so trigg does this mean you are in the avatar bet then?...just wondering
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 2:00 pm

Oh yeah I'm in on the bet. I said so before. Is there a thread somewhere about it? I dodn't see one.

And yeah, that Demarques dude is a bit of a dipshit too and probably overreacted. But there's a difference;
There were no "prank wars" on that season of TUF.
Just saying, you know?

Maybe Bisping was caught off guard and just reacted before thinking. That's possible. But it still shows that he might want to work on that, becasue it's stuff like this that give his label that he has gotten lately.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 2:13 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Oh yeah I'm in on the bet. I said so before. Is there a thread somewhere about it? I dodn't see one.

And yeah, that Demarques dude is a bit of a dipshit too and probably overreacted. But there's a difference;
There were no "prank wars" on that season of TUF.
Just saying, you know?

Maybe Bisping was caught off guard and just reacted before thinking. That's possible. But it still shows that he might want to work on that, becasue it's stuff like this that give his label that he has gotten lately.

yeah buddy there is a post for the avatr bets. i will put you in it. you want bisping for the win right? lol!

I do agree with you on johnson and you have point about the situation being a little different. cant blame me for backing my boy up though right?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 3:10 pm

If there's anybody who can't blame you for backing your boy, it's me. Trust me- I'm a Diaz and Anderson fan..... I would know!!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TUF 11/9 *spoilers*   TUF 11/9 *spoilers* Empty

Back to top Go down

TUF 11/9 *spoilers*
Page 1 of 1