The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! Vote_lcapCain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! Voting_barCain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! Vote_lcapCain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! Voting_barCain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+5
Triggerman99
Berserk
Chrom
lambhimself
Gecko
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15334

Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!   Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 9:27 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=Ast.qNU2pSqxuxSJRM8YImY9Eo14?slug=mmaweekly-1fca5b9282ac86662018c99f20d7d364

what a damn waste of air time and bringing UFC to the main stream channels. I cant begin to think of how much of waste this whole thing is now. I will DVR this event at best now.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5933

PostSubject: Re: Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!   Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 9:55 am

Bullshit!
I hate streaming video online,
"Hey, come on over and watch the fights on my computer!"

^
Not literally as I have the capability to plug laptop into flat screen, but this is horse shit
how they're only airing one fight and making the lead up all this commercial bullshit.

Pissed Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!   Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 10:20 am

lambhimself wrote:
Bullshit!

^
Not literally as I have the capability to plug laptop into flat screen, but this is horse shit
how they're only airing one fight and making the lead up all this commercial bullshit.

Pissed Evil or Very Mad

aww come on man, Canada and Washington DC are like neighbors. i could be there in no time. lol!
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!   Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 11:17 am

It was a figure of speech in regards to a bunch of guys standing around a computer watching streaming fights as compared to watching them on a TV.
LOL

Anytime your welcome to come up, I'm in the West; no where close to DC though.

I'm close to Krieger by relative distance standards, and he'll tell you the same; we don't all live in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver to the contrary of what the majority of Americans think.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22860

PostSubject: Re: Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!   Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 11:49 am

I thought this was already known...
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28630

PostSubject: Re: Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!   Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 1:46 pm

I actually like the idea of this. I don't mind the streaming on facebook, it always works 100% for me and the quality of the stream is great. Plus it doesn't hurt to have a 23" widescreen monitor, but I could easily stream through the laptop and connect it to the 52" TV and watch it there.

Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!   Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 2:49 pm

I have a desktop hooked up to the TV 24/7, so I don't give a damn either. Facebook has yet to fail me on their streams.
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

PostSubject: Re: Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!   Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 3:32 pm

Chrom wrote:
I have a desktop hooked up to the TV 24/7, so I don't give a damn either. Facebook has yet to fail me on their streams.

Agreed, I actually like the facebook stream better than the UFC.tv stream for PPV events.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!   Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 4:02 pm

I see what you guys are saying here, I just feel like if you are going to bring the ufc to main stream you should show more than just 1 fight live on the broadcast. this is supposed to be a big thing for the UFC and it just seems like it isn't that much any more. Seems like a waste of a good resource and new business venture.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!   Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 4:16 pm

I completely agree, it seems like a not so well thought out plan; unless they are going for the idea of give them a taste. A small but delicious taste that will keep them coming back and paying for the PPV's. Meanwhile we'll give them TUF for free, (which most won't realize has been happening for years. -(Evil Laughing)-
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!   Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 4:36 pm

This fight isn't even a part of the FOX deal, that doesn't go into affect until 2012. This is a free main event to put the word out there, get their feelers out and see what kind of $$$ they can start charging for ad spots. Its been said that this will be the only card like this. The rest, in 2012 and on, from what I understand, will be typical PPV cards for free.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59454

PostSubject: Re: Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!   Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 4:50 pm

Yeah Chrom's correct.
This was the paln all along.
The idea is that there will likely be a lot of viewers who have never/ seldom seen an MMA event before. So the majority of the broadcast will be like an intro to MMA, so to speak, followed by a fight, so the viewers will have a better understanding of what they are watching.
That's a much better alternative to just dumping a whole fight card into the laps of uneducated viewers, IMO.

But one other thing is for sure; this is not an event for the hardcore fans, so don't get your hopes up. Most of us will only be interested in tuning in fot the fight. We already have our target programming; it's called 40 PPV events a year.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7716

PostSubject: Re: Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!   Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 5:19 pm

The feeler process.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7969

PostSubject: Re: Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!   Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 11:54 pm

so what if the fight last 30 seconds?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!   Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 12:22 am

Lots of talk and filler and after show probably.... but who knows...
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

PostSubject: Re: Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!   Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 1:15 am

the commie wrote:

I imagine they would show some of the other fights that were shown on facebook.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!   Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:05 am

the commie wrote:

I am going to be pulling for old episodes of ALF. cheers
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!   Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:40 am

Alf Christmas Special!!!!

Dana has said that even if the fight ends in the first, it will be the only one on FOX... but we all know Dana could just be BSin
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!   Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:36 am

They are not showing any other fights period,
I read that in a statement from Dana the other day
after I read exactly what Chrom AND Trig said.

It completely makes sense as trigger explained in further depth,
however I still think they should have show like 3 fights maybe;
with a different weight class or 2.

Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5741

PostSubject: Re: Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!   Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:40 am

Gecko wrote:
lambhimself wrote:
Bullshit!

^

Pissed Evil or Very Mad

aww come on man, Canada and Washington DC are like neighbors. i could be there in no time. lol!

Heh last time we "visited" Washington we burnt down the White House.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!   Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 11:36 am

UFC on FOX TV Schedule:
Friday, November 11th:

7-7:30PM ET – FUEL TV: “UFC on FOX: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos” live weigh-ins

7-8PM ET – Fox Deportes: Cain Velasquez: Brown Pride (Part 3)

Saturday, November 12th:

3PM ET – Cain Velasquez: Brown Pride, episodes 1-3 on FOX Deportes

4:45PM ET – “UFC on FOX” prelims streaming live on Facebook and FOXSports.com

5:30PM ET – “UFC on FOX” weigh-ins re-air on FUEL TV

6PM ET – “UFC on FOX” Primetime re-air on FUEL TV

6PM ET – Re-air of Cain Velasquez vs. Brock Lesnar (UFC 121) on FOX Deportes

7PM ET – “UFC on FOX” prelims live on FOX Deportes

7PM ET – Pre-fight show on FUEL TV, hosted by Jay Glazer, along with Kenny Florian and Stephan Bonnar

9PM ET – “UFC on FOX” broadcast, hosted by Curt Menefee, along with Dana White, Brock Lesnar and Joe Rogan. Mike Goldberg and Rogan will rock the mic for the title fight.

10PM ET – “UFC on FOX” post-fight show on FUEL TV, hosted by Glazer, Florian and Bonnar
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10315

PostSubject: Re: Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!   Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 12:23 pm

So ridiculous...it's a slap in the face to the fans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!   Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Cain and JDS will be the only fight aired on fox?!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1