The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video) Vote_lcapAlistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video) Voting_barAlistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video) Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video) Vote_lcapAlistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video) Voting_barAlistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video) Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video)

Go down 
+4
Berserk
Krieger
9Teen_AT4
Chrom
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22857

Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video) Empty
PostSubject: Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video)   Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video) EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:58 am

Quote :
"I'm very confident. It's going to be a knockout victory in the first round. He's not going to get out of the first round. It will not come to the second round. He's a strong guy, a very dangerous guy. But, I think I've got what it takes to stop him. And I got what it takes to stop him in the first round."
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7713

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video)   Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video) EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:11 pm

The fight will definitely be more competitive than he thinks it's gonna be. Brock hates getting hit as shown in the Velasquez fight. I see Brock setting his hands up then shooting for the takedown early in the fight.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5738

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video)   Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video) EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:05 pm

Yeah Brock won't make it out of the first round if Overeem pays Valasquez to jump in and knock him out... however since Dana wont allow thiis .... Overeem will get taken down and pounded into a bloody pulp.
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28627

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video)   Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video) EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 12:35 am

This is a tough fight for both guys, but I can't be 100% confident in Brock at this point. The guy just came off a serious surgury that could have retired him from the sport and to say that he's coming back 100% just doesn't make sense to me. Regardless if Brock is in shape or not he is going to have some ring rust and whatever side effects from that surgury.

I love this fight between these two giants, but I feel that Overeem has more ways to win this fight than Brock does (Better striking & BJJ) while I think Brock's best chance is to weather the storm and try to outlast with his superior cardio... thing is I don't think Brock will be able to get out of that storm.
Back to top Go down
Mogal
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
Mogal

Standard Cash : 6214

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video)   Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video) EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 8:56 am

Nicely said Bererk. I full agree.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/imogal/mogal
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15331

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video)   Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video) EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 9:07 am

2nd that one berserk
Back to top Go down
ChokingVictim
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
ChokingVictim

Standard Cash : 5718

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video)   Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video) EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 1:01 pm

Agree with Zerk, The longer this fight goes the better it is for Brock
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28627

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video)   Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video) EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 2:43 pm

Hmmm thought more people would disagree with me. Guess I should make my arguement something like

"UBEREEM IS GONNA KO BROCK'Z WITH ZEE KNEE 30sec of R0UND 1!!!!!!!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59451

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video)   Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video) EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 2:47 pm

If the Overeem that fought Werdum walks into that octagon, it's gonna get real ugly real fast for him. But if he comes out gunslinging and throwing bombs, Brock will probably get overwhelmed and wilt.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video)   Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video) EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 3:39 pm

Heh I hope the Overeem who KO'd Chuck in 03 is the one who shows up against Brock.

(the Overeem of 03 was the one who .... ate all them steaks and potatos)
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video)   Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video) EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 3:42 pm

Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video) Pic_alistair_overeem_skinny
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video)   Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video) EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 3:48 pm

Overeem didn't KO Chuck. Chuck KO'd him.
scratch
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video)   Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video) EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 4:49 pm

Sry was ko'd by Chuck.... heh missed a couple of words
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video)   Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video) EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:25 pm

If he was imbibing horse meat at the time, he very well might've KO'd Chuck.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video)   Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video) Empty

Back to top Go down

Alistair Overeem: "Brock Won't Make It Out Of The First Round" (video)
Page 1 of 1