The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar Vote_lcapAlistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar Voting_barAlistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar Vote_lcapAlistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar Voting_barAlistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar

Go down 
+5
Billytk
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
Snake Five
Chrom
9 posters

Who Will Win This Battle of The Behemoths?
Lesnar
Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar Vote_lcap57%Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar Vote_rcap
 57% [ 21 ]
Overeem
Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar Vote_lcap43%Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar Vote_rcap
 43% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22829

Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar Empty
PostSubject: Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar   Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:43 pm

Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar 20100510
Quote :
A couple of years ago, the fantasy fight between Fedor Emelianenko and Brock Lesnar had fanboys across the globe drooling at the mouth. Option 1b was Lesnar vs. Alistair Overeem. Now that Fedor’s aura of invincibility has been wiped away and Overeem is under contract with the UFC, Plan B is finally coming to fruition and “The Demolition Man” couldn’t be more pleased.

“I think this is big news and a big development,” Overeem told UFC.com. “It’s one of those dream matchups – you have two big guys, one of them specializes in wrestling, one specializes in striking, and everybody wants to see it. There was a lot spoken about this dream matchup in the past, but it couldn’t materialize because I wasn’t in the UFC, but now that I am, anything is possible.

“I already received a lot of emails and messages from people who congratulated me; they’re happy I joined, and they’ve very happy with this matchup.”

Although UFC 141 will mark Overeem’s first foray into the Octagon, it doesn’t mean he hasn’t been keeping tabs from afar. The 31-year-old knew he would one day fight for the world’s most prestigious MMA organization, so he always took extensive notes on his potential rivals.

“You want to keep track of your competition, so of course I watched the UFC heavyweight division very closely to see who was in there and what they were doing,” Overeem added. “They’re strong, big guys and I truly believe they belong at the top of the world, so it does pose a challenge and I definitely need to step up my game. You have the wrestling guys in the UFC, and the big guys, but lately, especially with (Junior) dos Santos and (Cain) Velasquez, they’re mixing it up with striking really well.”

In regards to his scouting report on Lesnar, Overeem provided a generic response in order to keep the information he had gathered close to the vest.

“He’s a very strong, very dangerous, and very explosive heavyweight,” he shared. “I think he’s kind of unique in the way he operates and fights, and there are some weaknesses in his game, but I think everybody has weaknesses.

“Overall, I see him as a very dangerous heavyweight.”
Source

Last edited by Chrom on Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3762

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar   Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 10:24 pm

If Overeem comes out swinging like a madman then he'll win. Otherwise Lesnar will take him down and GnP his ass.

Overall I think Lesnar takes this.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5710

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar   Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 11:34 pm

Agree... tough fight for Overeem's introduction to the UFC. All the old IFC guys bowed out and down quick. Nelson is holding on but not doing well. I dont hold out much hope for the Strikeforce boys chances.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar   Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 2:51 am

Overeem wins via blitzkreiging Lesnar within first 2 rounds.

Lesnar will win by ground submission or ground and pound in rounds 2 or 3.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar   Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Billytk
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
Billytk

Standard Cash : 4678

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar   Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 3:36 pm

This may actually be a interesting fight since BOTH guys strength is the others Achilles heel, first fight I can recall where I have no doubt it will be a one sided beating but can't make up my mind on which one will be giving the beating and which will be receiving it
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59423

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar   Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 4:20 pm

9Teen_AT4 wrote:

Did you just make two different predictions?
That's a veteran move right there!
cheers
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar   Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 5:13 pm

^^^ Hahahah.
Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

Standard Cash : 5571

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar   Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:16 pm

Hmmmm - this is a real coin toss if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15303

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar   Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:23 pm

reem takes this. this is a bad match up for brock for his first fight back. should have given him shaub or kongo or mitrone.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22829

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar   Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:25 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
9Teen_AT4 wrote:

Did you just make two different predictions?
That's a veteran move right there!
cheers
Haha, how did I miss that!?
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28599

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar   Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:43 pm

I feel that Brock has had a really long layoff, from no fault of his own (unless you count an all meat diet). Ring rust will play a pretty big factor in this fight, if Brock can survive the first round his odds of winning this increase. But I see Brock attempting a sloppy takedown while eating a few punches and then eats a hugh knee that drops him. Overeem via TKO in the 1st.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar   Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar Empty

Back to top Go down

Alistair Overeem Breaks Down Fight with Brock Lesnar
Page 1 of 1