The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon Vote_lcapFabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon Voting_barFabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon Vote_lcapFabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon Voting_barFabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon

Go down 
+2
9Teen_AT4
Chrom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon Empty
PostSubject: Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon   Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 10:42 am

Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon Werdum10
Quote :
Strikeforce heavyweight Fabricio Werdum, has had a tough road recently trying to compete in a stacked division. But mostly he has impressed including handing Fedor Emelianenko his first definitive loss in June of last year. But ‘Vai Cavalo’, literally translated as ‘Go Horse’, has voiced his displeasure, along with many other fighters from the promotion in terms of how his career has been handled, and appears to be looking towards an eight-sided pasture for his next professional stop.

Fabricio picked up some criticism from fans and experts alike, for pulling guard too frequently in his Grand Prix loss to Alistair Overeem earlier this year. The performance lowered his his spot on the heavyweight ladder a bit, making him fall to fourth on Fighters.com’s official rankings, and dropped his overall record to 14-5-1.

Recently his trainers have talked about him making a possible move to the UFC heavyweight division. He left the UFC in 2008 after four fights, and a 2-2 record, due to financial disputes following a knockout loss to heavy underdog Junior Dos Santos. However, he hopes to get another shot in the Octagon and has now publicized his interest, speaking to MMAHeat about his feelings towards the return to the UFC.

“I just have my contract with Strikeforce,” Werdum said. “I want to come back to the UFC for sure because UFC is the best event in the world. The guys give me a chance; for sure I’ll come back.”

Werdum’s head trainer, Rafael Cordeiro, also recently said that his fighter could be ready to go as soon as December if called upon.
source
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7715

PostSubject: Re: Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon   Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:09 pm

First off Dana didn't really care to let him go in the first place. His run in the UFC wasn't that bad either because he didn't lose 2 or 3 in a row... he only lost once after 2 wins then got cut lol. However but scooting and praying to your opponent to come to the ground does not help his cause either.

In Fabricio's defense, his losses came after a 2 to 3 fight win streak. So he's not doing that bad either.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon   Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 2:35 pm

I want werdum and vera 2, Vera got screwed in that fight and did not look to be in any serious trouble either.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon   Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:05 pm

Its funny all the friends you get when you are the only show in town.

I thought Werdum hated the UFC?

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon   Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:31 pm

Wait a minute.....

"Vai Cavalo" means "Go Horse"?
Suspect

Who the fuck named him that?
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon   Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:33 pm

Naw ... I think it means "Mount me LIKE a horse"

Thats why he throws himself to the ground all the time.

heh
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon   Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:12 am

Krieger wrote:
Naw ... I think it means "Mount me LIKE a horse"

Thats why he throws himself to the ground all the time.

heh

lol! jocolor
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5932

PostSubject: Re: Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon   Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 5:06 pm

I couldn't be less interested to see Werdum fight in the UFC,
especially after his terrible performance against Overeem.

Gives me flash backs of when Anderson Silva fought Thales Leites.
Makes me sick!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon   Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:01 pm

Word is he's gonna be fighting Shaub in an upcoming event.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7715

PostSubject: Re: Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon   Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 11:23 pm

Gecko wrote:
I want werdum and vera 2, Vera got screwed in that fight and did not look to be in any serious trouble either.

Yah that was Bedlam UFC 85 right... Yeh I remember the controversial stoppage. Yeh Vera deserves the rematch. So that's gonna Fabricio Werdum and Thiago Silva on the Vengeance List ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon   Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon Empty

Back to top Go down

Fabricio Werdum talks possible return to the Octagon
Page 1 of 1