The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Hector Lombard: Nate Marquardt Can Take All the Drugs He Wants, I’ll Still Whoop His Ass Vote_lcapHector Lombard: Nate Marquardt Can Take All the Drugs He Wants, I’ll Still Whoop His Ass Voting_barHector Lombard: Nate Marquardt Can Take All the Drugs He Wants, I’ll Still Whoop His Ass Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Hector Lombard: Nate Marquardt Can Take All the Drugs He Wants, I’ll Still Whoop His Ass Vote_lcapHector Lombard: Nate Marquardt Can Take All the Drugs He Wants, I’ll Still Whoop His Ass Voting_barHector Lombard: Nate Marquardt Can Take All the Drugs He Wants, I’ll Still Whoop His Ass Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Hector Lombard: Nate Marquardt Can Take All the Drugs He Wants, I’ll Still Whoop His Ass

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Hector Lombard: Nate Marquardt Can Take All the Drugs He Wants, I’ll Still Whoop His Ass Empty
PostSubject: Hector Lombard: Nate Marquardt Can Take All the Drugs He Wants, I’ll Still Whoop His Ass   Hector Lombard: Nate Marquardt Can Take All the Drugs He Wants, I’ll Still Whoop His Ass EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 11:14 am

Quote :
Now that former UFC star Nate Marquardt is officially unemployed – ahem, a free agent – there is really only one show in America he can turn to. If the controversial fighter opts to look in that direction, he’ll have Bellator middleweight champion Hector Lombard’s mug staring right back at him.

“He’s a big name up there,” Lombard told Sherdog Radio. “I’m ready for the challenge. I want to show everybody what I’m capable of doing. I just want to fight that guy bad.

“I think [Marquardt] is a cheater, but [against] me he can take all the drugs he wants. I’m going to whoop his ass anyway.”

Lombard claimed Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney already offered Marquardt an immediate shot at his crown if he joined the organization, but “Nate the Great” declined.

Bellator welterweight champ Ben Askren has also been very critical of Marquardt’s use of Testosterone Replacement Therapy. He too would like a tango with the veteran, but Lombard doesn’t believe that’s a viable option for Marquardt at this stage of his career.

“I don’t see him making [170 pounds]. He’s a natural 185 [pound fighter],” Lombard expressed. “He’s been fighting at 185. At one point Marquardt was number two in the world at 185.”

It’s also possible that Marquardt could make his way back over to Japan where he experienced great success prior to joining the UFC. However, receiving payment from a promotion in the Orient is far from a guarantee.

“There’s no excuses anymore,” Lombard emphatically stated. “Don’t say you’ve got a contract with the UFC because he doesn’t have it. He can take the fight and prove everybody wrong. Nobody respects me at the moment. That’s why I want to fight Nate Marquardt and show the people what I can do.
The rest at
http://www.5thround.com/81424/hector-lombard-nate-marquardt-can-take-all-the-drugs-he-wants-ill-still-whoop-his-ass/
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4016

Hector Lombard: Nate Marquardt Can Take All the Drugs He Wants, I’ll Still Whoop His Ass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hector Lombard: Nate Marquardt Can Take All the Drugs He Wants, I’ll Still Whoop His Ass   Hector Lombard: Nate Marquardt Can Take All the Drugs He Wants, I’ll Still Whoop His Ass EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 5:49 pm

I'd really like to see Lombard take on some real competition. He's wrecking guys in Bellator (he has 20-something wins in a row, right?) but they're all nobodies. He's got crazy power and a good wrestling base, he'd make for a great MW contendor
Back to top Go down

Hector Lombard: Nate Marquardt Can Take All the Drugs He Wants, I’ll Still Whoop His Ass
Page 1 of 1