The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC Vote_lcapHector Lombard Signs With the UFC Voting_barHector Lombard Signs With the UFC Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC Vote_lcapHector Lombard Signs With the UFC Voting_barHector Lombard Signs With the UFC Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC

Go down 
+4
Gecko
butterknifeninja
FistK
Chrom
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22854

Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC Empty
PostSubject: Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC   Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 12:41 pm

Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC Lombar10
Quote :
Hector Lombard, arguably one of the top fighters in the world not signed to the Ultimate Fighting Championship, will bring his 25-fight unbeaten streak to the UFC.

Lombard, Bellator Fighting Championships' middleweight titleholder, announced the news through his Twitter account Tuesday night, and Lombard's profile page was already removed from Bellator's official website. No first opponent or approximate timetable for Lombard's UFC debut were announced, and the UFC is yet to make the signing official.

Lombard's contract with Bellator had run out and he was in a four-month negotiating period with the promotion, after which time he could seek out other offers and give Bellator the right to match a new deal. On Saturday, following the UFC 145 post-fight press conference in Atlanta, UFC president Dana White told a small group of gathered media that he was a Lombard fan: "I like him a lot," White said. "We'll see (if we can sign him.)" But White's trademark smile may have given him away and may as well have said, "He'll be with the UFC soon."

Lombard (31-2-1, 1 NC, 8-0 Bellator) has amassed an impressive 25-fight unbeaten streak, going 24-0-1 since his last loss – a unanimous decision setback to Gegard Mousasi in a 2006 Pride fight. In fact, Lombard's only two losses came in 2006, both in Pride, to Mousasi and Akihiro Gono, both by decision.

The 34-year-old Cuban-born fighter was a member of the 2000 Cuban Olympic team in judo, a sport in which he currently is a fourth-degree black belt. His primary training ground is with American Top Team in Florida.

Lombard has fought most of his career in Australia, where he emigrated to from Cuba. He holds notable wins over UFC fighters James Te Huna and Brian Ebersole, and in his Bellator run he beat the likes of Jay Silva, Herbert "Whisper" Goodman, Alexander Shlemenko and, in November, Trevor Prangley.

Lombard was Bellator's first middleweight champion, winning the promotion's Season 1 tournament at 185 pounds with a fourth-round TKO of Jared Hess. He defended the title just once, more than a year later, with a five-round unanimous decision against Shlemenko.
source

Bout damn time!
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12614

PostSubject: Re: Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC   Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 12:47 pm

Lombard vs Stann is what I wanna see!!!
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4011

PostSubject: Re: Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC   Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 12:52 pm

FistK wrote:
Lombard vs Stann is what I wanna see!!!

Seconded!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15328

PostSubject: Re: Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC   Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:14 pm

Lombard and Bisping!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59448

PostSubject: Re: Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC   Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 3:01 pm

I really want to give a crap about this guy, but I just don't. He just screams overrated to me.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15328

PostSubject: Re: Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC   Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 3:05 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
I really want to give a crap about this guy, but I just don't. He just screams overrated to me.

I agree, all the more reason to give him a top 5 or 10 middle wieght and start putting him to the test. Given his record and his hype he should not be facing some type of gate keeper for his first match in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5735

PostSubject: Re: Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC   Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 5:14 pm

Didn't they have the exact same hype for Jake Shields coming into the UFC. How's that one working out?

I sure does seem that Lombard has padded his record somewhat. I don't know if I'd hype him up with the "one of the best fighters in the world" tag just yet.

C'mon if you take credit for beating Kalib Starnes can you really claim one of the best fighters in the world status?

A LOT of his wins are middle of the road, past their prime, fighters.

We'll see how he does in the big leagues. I wonder when they will give him his title shot? Heh
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4011

PostSubject: Re: Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC   Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 6:14 pm

I'd say throw him in the deep end. Give him Bisping after he whoops Boetshchick and have the winner fight for the belt. There aren't any good challengers if Silva beats Sonnen again so you might as well throw one of those two guys in there.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7710

PostSubject: Re: Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC   Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 7:13 pm

He's gonna lose... then lose again and again... and then get cut.

Jacob Volkmann vs. Hector Lombard @ Catchweight! woo hoo!! lol
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31182

PostSubject: Re: Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC   Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 11:22 pm

If they are smart (which they are) they will give him a brawler like leben in his first fight and hope for fire works. If that works out give him Stann as a first real test then possibly give him Bisping.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC   Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:17 am

Leben is the exact guy I thought they should give him to start.

He has been beating on cans, but if you have ever seen him fight he is fun as hell to watch. he brings it.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5735

PostSubject: Re: Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC   Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:01 pm

Leben it is .... someone call Dana.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC   Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 6:41 am

Krieger wrote:
Leben it is .... someone call Dana.

But after that Stann please Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC   Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC Empty

Back to top Go down

Hector Lombard Signs With the UFC
Page 1 of 1