The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing Vote_lcapDave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing Voting_barDave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing Vote_lcapDave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing Voting_barDave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing

Go down 
+2
norcalmatt
Chrom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22836

Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing Empty
PostSubject: Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing   Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 12:40 pm

Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing Davepe10

Quote :
On Wednesday, Dave Herman (Pictured) was unexpectedly pulled from his UFC 136 bout against Mike Russow. Although the company failed to provide details regarding his abrupt departure, Herman appeared on Clinch Gear Radio yesterday and revealed he tested positive for marijuana.

The only problem is, Herman claims he never smokes.

“Basically, I failed my drug test,” Herman shared. “It was September 15th, I went in and submitted the first test, and then a week later [the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation] emailed me and called me and said they lost the sample and said I had to go in and do it again. I went in again that day and then [yesterday] they got the results back and they said I failed.

“I said, ‘That’s impossible.’”

When Herman questioned them regarding the results, he was provided with a different story than what he received the first time around.

“Texas [then] said that they never lost [the initial sample], and the first one was for drugs and the second one was for steroids,” Herman added. “They didn’t say it was for performance-enhancing drugs, they said I had marijuana. And I don’t even smoke.

“I haven’t even had a beer in two month.”

Herman owns a 21-2 professional record and has never produced a failed drug test during his five years in the sport.

Although the heavyweight emphatically denies any wrongdoing, he has yet to consider taking legal action against the state’s governing body. The UFC has not commented on the controversy and messages left with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation have not been returned.
Source
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing   Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 12:51 pm

Hmm, the fact that they lied about the reasoning behind needing a second sample makes this whole fuckin thin stink.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16375

PostSubject: Re: Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing   Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:06 pm

i dont want to debate the medical; marijuana issue being that im a patient and legally can buy and have the stuff......that being said i think that A. its banned within the ufc so dont do it.
B. if a fight takes place and is commissioned in a state that recognizes medical use then it should be no big deal seeing that it does NOTHING to enhance performance.(actually may work as a handicap if stoned up in the ring)
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15310

PostSubject: Re: Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing   Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:22 pm

norcalmatt wrote:
i dont want to debate the medical; marijuana issue being that im a patient and legally can buy and have the stuff......that being said i think that A. its banned within the ufc so dont do it.
B. if a fight takes place and is commissioned in a state that recognizes medical use then it should be no big deal seeing that it does NOTHING to enhance performance.(actually may work as a handicap if stoned up in the ring)

then you should share the wealth Very Happy just kidding
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28606

PostSubject: Re: Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing   Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:20 pm

Sharing is caring!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing   Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:41 pm

Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing 2625760_125x125
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5717

PostSubject: Re: Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing   Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:03 pm

Who knows but I do believe that testing labs should be tested themselves to ensure accuracy
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16375

PostSubject: Re: Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing   Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:37 am

happy to share!
Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

Standard Cash : 5578

PostSubject: Re: Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing   Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:56 pm

norcalmatt wrote:
i dont want to debate the medical; marijuana issue being that im a patient and legally can buy and have the stuff......

That's amazing. You lads are SOOOOOOOOO lucky over there in the US.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing   Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 4:34 pm

Yeah wasn't it ya'll yanks who extradited our nerdy little pot salesman Mark Emery for selling seeds and mailing them to you? He's still serving 5 years for that! While OJ and Casey Anthony walk free..... heh
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

PostSubject: Re: Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing   Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 2:06 pm

God I love this country! So happy I left Canada-land..... although it will always considered home to me
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing   Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:02 pm

Just in case you missed us....
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

PostSubject: Re: Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing   Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 5:04 pm

That's one thing I will NEVER miss... hell I used to live in a Rural area where the roads would be closed several times a month. No thanks.

The thing I certainly won't miss is driving where you can't see 3 feet in front of car and if you don't have snow tires won't be stopping.... yeah I'll be enjoying the nice weather.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing   Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing Empty

Back to top Go down

Dave Herman Tests Positive for Marijuana, Denies Any Wrongdoing
Page 1 of 1