The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Dave Herman arrested after police chase Vote_lcapDave Herman arrested after police chase Voting_barDave Herman arrested after police chase Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Dave Herman arrested after police chase Vote_lcapDave Herman arrested after police chase Voting_barDave Herman arrested after police chase Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Dave Herman arrested after police chase

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10200

Dave Herman arrested after police chase Empty
PostSubject: Dave Herman arrested after police chase   Dave Herman arrested after police chase EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 10:48 am

Dave Herman, a former UFC and Bellator MMA fighter who most recently competed for Titan FC, was arrested early Monday morning in Indiana after leading police on a chase.

Herman faces three felony charges, including resisting law enforcement with a vehicle and battery against law enforcement, and a misdemeanor charge.

According to an incident report issued by the Dekalb County Sheriff Department, Herman was speeding on I-69 with no headlights or taillights on. When officers attempted to pull him over, Herman initially refused to pull over before finally stopping at a gas station, the report states.

According to the report: “David exited his vehicle and approached Officers in an aggressive manner. David was given multiple warnings to get on the ground and failed to comply. David had to be tased in order to be taken into custody. An infant and adult female were also present in the vehicle.”

No one sustained any injuries during the incident.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/ufc-and-bellator-vet-dave-herman-arrested-after-police-chase

Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Dave Herman arrested after police chase   Dave Herman arrested after police chase EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 10:49 am

looks like peewees wife was recording the whole incident...

whoa..

Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15272

PostSubject: Re: Dave Herman arrested after police chase   Dave Herman arrested after police chase EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 1:54 pm

well it's like this Dave shouldn't have gotten out of the car but it's very clear to see too that the cop who tazzed him went to far. Herman wasnt being angry,wasnt yelling, was asking for a simple request that is legal for him to do so. Charges on Herman should be dropped and the cop who tazzed should serve a suspension. if Herman got out of the car and started yelling and getting aggressive with the cops then i would say no suspension for the cop. But Herman clearly was not doing any of that.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59392

PostSubject: Re: Dave Herman arrested after police chase   Dave Herman arrested after police chase EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 2:16 pm

Quote :
Herman faces three felony charges, including resisting law enforcement with a vehicle and battery against law enforcement,

Did I miss something, or am I grossly misunderstanding what constitutes "battery against law enforcement"? Did a cop skin his knee taking him to the ground or something?
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15272

PostSubject: Re: Dave Herman arrested after police chase   Dave Herman arrested after police chase EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 3:22 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:

Quote :
Herman faces three felony charges, including resisting law enforcement with a vehicle and battery against law enforcement,

Did I miss something, or am I grossly misunderstanding what constitutes "battery against law enforcement"? Did a cop skin his knee taking him to the ground or something?

I thought the same thing, apparently if the officer ever has to use a taser for any reason they can charge you with battery against law enforcement. Seems a little suspect to me. its like charging a guy with attempt murder of a cop when the cop shoots a guy who is unarmed.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59392

PostSubject: Re: Dave Herman arrested after police chase   Dave Herman arrested after police chase EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 3:58 pm

Yeah there's gotta be better terminology out there for that. If you taze me, how the hell is that me battering you? lol
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Dave Herman arrested after police chase   Dave Herman arrested after police chase EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 10:30 am

the piece os shit officer made hermans wife keep the windows open in the car for over 30 minutes with an infant in the car and temperatures around 30 degrees.

thank god hermans wife took that video. smart girl. i didnt know it was a law that an officer has to show you 3 forms of id. seems a bit much but understandable.

i hope justice prevails
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22798

PostSubject: Re: Dave Herman arrested after police chase   Dave Herman arrested after police chase EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 6:18 pm

The worst is that both of the officers cams were coincidentally off. I can only imagine what would have happened had Dave actually just pulled over immediately on a dark road.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave Herman arrested after police chase   Dave Herman arrested after police chase Empty

Back to top Go down

Dave Herman arrested after police chase
Page 1 of 1