The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Overeem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust" Vote_lcapOvereem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust" Voting_barOvereem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust" Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Overeem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust" Vote_lcapOvereem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust" Voting_barOvereem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust" Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Overeem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust"

Go down 
+3
Chrom
ToyotaF1Fan
butterknifeninja
7 posters
AuthorMessage
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4016

Overeem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust" Empty
PostSubject: Overeem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust"   Overeem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust" EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:55 pm

Quote :
In a statement he said (via twitter):

“I would like to make a statement regarding the recent news of the separation from my long-time management Golden Glory. As with any relationship, there are good times and bad times – you have your common ground and your differences. As with any relationship, you have trust. When differences lead to a breach of trust, there’s no turning back and no way to continue a positive, working relationship. I don’t air my dirty laundry. I would appreciate the respect regarding my privacy to not disclose any further details on this matter.

Again, I would like to thank team Golden Glory for all the years we worked together and wish them success for the future.”

His manager Bas Boon took to MMAjunkie.com in response to the news and even went as far as expressing possible legal action against the top 10 fighter.

Bas stated:

“I wasn’t really surprised, actually, after the last three months because he already had a lot of different ideas on how he would divide certain percentages which were normal in the past, and apparently, are not now. I think the judge will decide on this issue that we have, and when that is decided, we will see who was right and who was not.”

“The deal with the UFC was done by me. This was a brilliant deal out of a very difficult situation. Four Golden Glory guys were sacked by Zuffa, and I made a statement, and I negotiated a very, very good contract in good faith with the UFC.

“The UFC is not to blame for this. I understand that they wanted direct payments to fighters. They made their rules very clear, and we obeyed that and didn’t have any problems with that. I think now, this thing could actually be a benefit for us.”

“I’ve been together with Alistair for 12 years. He slept in my house; I treated him like real friends. It’s kind of sad that maybe other influences by other people made him decide to go away, especially on the deal of a lifetime. That’s very disappointing.”

BJPenn.com

Well that's interesting...
Back to top Go down
ToyotaF1Fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
ToyotaF1Fan

Standard Cash : 5090

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust"   Overeem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust" EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 10:14 pm

Bad batch of steroi....I mean horse meat?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust"   Overeem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust" EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:01 am

My guess is he got to see some of the paychecks GG was receiving in the past and did some quick math and nothing quite added up. Thats the only real breach of trust I could think of right off hand.
Back to top Go down
Billytk
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
Billytk

Standard Cash : 4708

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust"   Overeem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust" EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:21 am

I'm sure the fact that his management still hasn't gotten him payed for WINNING the K-1 title didn't win them any points with him either, I'm sure that's not the reason he left but I bet it made the decision easier
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust"   Overeem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust" EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:58 am

Golden Glory's worst nightmare. But this scenario is more the norm with Manager / Fighter relationships isn't it?

The fight game is better off, I think with the Managers as employees to the fighters instead of the other way around. Boxing has had only trouble I think with Managers in bed with Promoters and the fighter as their employee.
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5407

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust"   Overeem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust" EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 4:31 pm

I LOL'd
Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

Standard Cash : 5601

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust"   Overeem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust" EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Hmmmm interesting

Saki has left now as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust"   Overeem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust" Empty

Back to top Go down

Overeem Leaves Golden Glory, Cites "Breach of Trust"
Page 1 of 1