The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" Vote_lcapmatt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" Voting_barmatt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" Vote_lcapmatt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" Voting_barmatt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"

Go down 
+7
Triggerman99
FistK
samger2
Chrom
stock
norcalmatt
the commie
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7968

matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" Empty
PostSubject: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 9:15 pm

http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-heavyweight-matt-mitrione-suspended-for-breach-of-conduct-following-fallon-fox-rant

imo, a very reasonable step. his ignorance on the subject and phobia of certain people should not be tolerated.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16398

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 9:20 pm

i kind of agree with him....may not have said it the same way, but its a man beating up women to a degree.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:52 am

that is not a man, first of all. and the worst of all, for Mitrione to insinuate that that person changed sex in order to beat up women. really? that is an absolutely ignorant thing to say. besides the hate speech that he spewed, he is completely unaware of how the human body and psicology works.
secondly, yes, there are legitimate questions about physiology of men and women. the bone density is higher in men, but as far as have heard it diminishes. also the muscle strength goes down due to hormone levels. does sceleton structure play a significant role. etc... the question is, do the changes in the body and mind equal the playing field.

what mitrione said, for me, is infuriating. its on the same level as, racism, homophobia in its darkest form. he sounds like he is ready to kill that person.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16398

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 2:02 am

i think there are clear advantages for a man turned woman in fighting as opposed to a woman gone man....to each thier own for sure, but i do think there is an unfair advantage in play here
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 8:15 am

I agree there are disadvantages.
Sorry if I am ignorant on this subject, but what is the difference between a gender change and a sex change? I thought they were the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 8:50 am

This is what I posted on this topic on facebook so I'm just pasting it.

Quote :
If he (Mitrione) was making a joke and trany bashing or if the comments were actually "transphobic"... that would be one thing. He didn't make a joke though... he gave a straight forward answer to a question on a "hot PC topic". Apparently if you are in the opposition of the PC acceptance stance... well, you get shit on and contracts get revoked. A man lied about being a woman to beat up on women... TWICE! Come on... this shouldn't even be an argument. As Matt said "You lied on your license to beat up women. That’s disgusting."

He is essentially being charged with a thought crime.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10314

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:51 am

Or would that be a "hate thought"??
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:01 am

How is it hate? He didn't go out shouting it while trying to beat on trannies. He was asked to do the minute show news deal and he gave an honest response. Was what he said possibly offensive? Sure. But is it really hate speech? If we aren't able to talk about it freely and hear all sides of the debate... whats the point in talking about it... there is no debate. The "This is the only response you can have if talking about this subject." is BS.

Let's be real here, a former NFL player and current bludgeonist was put on the spot with a very politically charged question... what did they expect....
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:32 am

I guess there were a few jokes involved... Joe Rogan said the same thing, be it with more tact... but essentially the same message. Here is the "Mitrione Minute" where the statements were made... you be the judge. (it's right at the start of the show) Is what he did really suspension worthy?
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/690164/events/2012565/videos/15840967
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:59 am

I support Matt's right to say he doesnt think she should be allowed to fight other women, but calling someone a sociopathoc disgusting freak that he has never met is a bit much imo.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:12 am

no no...I was just cracking a play on words...I'm moreso referring to how the media would potentially view it...I don't think at all that it's hateful what he said. In fact I agree with him.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:14 am

Let me also say that I didn't listen to/read the whole thing, so I don't agree with him calling the person a sociopathoc disgusting freak...but I do support his right to opinion on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:30 am

I kind of agree FistK. Like I said he may have got out of line and somewhat offensive. But if you ask me, the most that should have came from it was an apology for going too far. If that... lets break it down here.

"sociopathic disgusting freak"

Sociopathic Signs =
PATHOLOGICAL LYING (Fallon Fox lied 5 times to commissions)
CONNING AND MANIPULATIVE (Fox never even disclosed transgender to trainers)
LACK OF REMORSE OR GUILT (submitted & KOd multiple women under the guise of a woman and wants to continue doing so)

Disgusting =
"You lied on your license to beat up women. That’s disgusting." Pretty self explanatory what he finds disgusting.

Freak = A thing or occurrence that is markedly unusual or irregular...

IDK...
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:53 pm

Wow. You kinda break it down quite perfectly...almost like Mitrione did that research before using those terms. Wow.

I don't really know what to say.

I guess like you said, an apology for being kinda mean with his words would suffice.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 2:24 pm

Yeah Mittirone is kind of an obnoxious idiot, and maybe should be punished to a degree for that fact alone, but he shouldn't be crucified for being a bigot or whatever kind of "phobic" people want to claim he is.
I think the big sticking point here is the "disgusting freak" comment, which sounds like he is saying transgender people are- in general and as a whole- disgusting freaks. But if you actually read it in context, he wasn't saying that. he was saying that Fox (not all transgenders) is a disgusting freak, and not because he is transgender (or she is transgender, I'm not really sure what the correct noun is there). He's saying Fox is a disgusting freak because Fox beat up women and lied about being transgender. Basicly, he feels that Fox is disgusting person morally, not physically.

But like I said, Mittrione has a habit of saying stupid shit in stupid ways, so maybe he needs some punishment or counseling for that, but I don't think he has a problem with LGBT tolerance, as it is being perceived by some.
Back to top Go down
Pagliaro

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 6:39 pm

We live in a world where unfortunately if something can be misconstrued, it will be. Matt should have used better judgment in his choice of words.

That being said, I don't disagree one iota about his thoughts on Fox fighting women. Now, Fox may be female; however that doesn't take away the facts that for over 30 YEARS she lived as a man. Fox may have got her penis and testicles cut off and may have been soaked with estrogen, but facts are she was a male long enough to where she will have that physical advantage over the other females.

However, if you voice this publicly, you get labeled. Mitrione's comments were a bit much due to the verbage he used, however Peggy Morgan's were not and she's got the PC police up her ass like noone's business. It almost seems as though unless you 100 percent agree with Fox fighting women, some are quick to label you a bigot. Sad but true.

Here's my thoughts.. Straight.. I don't have one problem with Fox making the choice to go from Mr. Fox to Miss Fox. You have one life to live, chose to live it however you see fit. If Fox weren't comfortable as a male and wanted to become a female, I respect the decision made. However, I DON'T feel comfortable seeing Fox fight people who were born women. I

The question I ask those who support the call the same question: if your girlfriend, wife, sister or mother were professional Mixed Martial Artists, would you feel comfortable with her fighting Fallon Fox? I personally wouldn't. I also can't seem to get a clear cut answer from Fox' supporters.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 7:33 pm

why such defense of Mitrione's statement?
in my opinion, saying that one is a "disgusting freak" has no other underlying meaning except intolerance for somebodies body and mind.
has any of us used the word freak in any other sense. probably not.
even more is it offensive when applied to somebody clearly very different from the majority.
because trans people are not as common as gays or black people, there is not really a primary derogatory term for them, but "freak" carries the same weight as "fag" and "nigger"

as to the supposed fact that Fox lied about being a woman; i dont know all the facts. i will just judge from my perspective. Fox does not lie about being a woman, she thinks herself one. and that is a fact.

again, there are legitimate questions about the physiology and im not sure myself that Fox or any other trans people should be allowed to fight. ill reserve the judgement 'til i know the medical facts. from what i have asked though, all the privileges in strength, structure and bone density diminish and change with the gender change. but does it change enough?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 8:28 pm

the commie wrote:
in my opinion, saying that one is a "disgusting freak" has no other underlying meaning except intolerance for somebodies body and mind.
even more is it offensive when applied to somebody clearly very different from the majority.
because trans people are not as common as gays or black people, there is not really a primary derogatory term for them, but "freak" carries the same weight as "fag" and "nigger"

First, No. Freak is not even close to the same.
Second, if you take the time to watch, listen and read what was said, fully; you would understand that he was saying a man lying about being a woman to fight other women, was all these things. Not simply a man choosing to be a woman.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 8:41 pm

Fallon Fox's response:
“Matt Mitrione went well beyond disagreeing with the medical experts who say I should be able to compete as a woman, and personally attacked me as a fighter, as a woman, and as a human being,” Fallon posted on her official Facebook page this evening. “His comments do not reflect the spirit of our sport, where most competitors uphold values like respect and dignity.”
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:21 pm

the commie wrote:

as to the supposed fact that Fox lied about being a woman; i dont know all the facts. i will just judge from my perspective. Fox does not lie about being a woman, she thinks herself one. and that is a fact.

again, there are legitimate questions about the physiology and im not sure myself that Fox or any other trans people should be allowed to fight. ill reserve the judgement 'til i know the medical facts. from what i have asked though, all the privileges in strength, structure and bone density diminish and change with the gender change. but does it change enough?
I'm sorry, but I gotta whole-heartedly disagree with you here.
It's not really fair of you to say that he meant something direct and specific with his statement simply because "in your opinion" it can mean that and only that. He made a point to explain what he meant by using that term, so it's kind of hard to say "no, that's not what he meant".
And the lying that we are referring to about Fox is not lying about what gender he or she is or a question of self image, it's lying to the commissions about being transgender. Fox intentionally left out that information when applying for a fight license. That's lying no matter how you look at it.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 9:22 am

Also dont forget guys this transcript doesnt include the entire segment by Mitrione. He also said "I watched the video of her last fight and I havent seen a beatdown like that since Chris Brown and Rhiana"

Like I said i support his stance to think she shouldnt not fight other women, but some of the shit he said was just down right stupid on his part.

Last edited by FistK on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 2:37 pm

Yeah that's kind of where I was going when I said he should be punished for being a dumbass. Even if he does make a good point and his view is a valid one, he made himself look stupid by saying those things the way he did.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 9:37 pm

it is not a valid point that mitrione made. in his word, he stated that he thinks Fox is a man lying intentionally in order to gain advantage and beat up women.
from a perspective of a transgender, that is absolute crap. just think about that for a second, we as humans put almost everything we are on our sex and sexual behavior; to change ones gender is a ridiculously big and i would say, brave, step. it changes almost everything instantaneously, it cuts you off from the rest of the society almost completely. it is may be, the hardest personal step that anybody can make.
would any of you, i know i would not, make that step unless you were absolutely sure you were a woman? to insist that it is done in order to just gain fighting advantage is an insult to them. i know.
in the light of the statement that mitrione thinks fox is still really a man, i say that "disgusting freak" is a derogatory term. it comes from ignorance about the transgender subject and unwillingness to learn.
in a scientific methode, i will admit that there is a very minute chance of that particular person using the fact that she was once a man to her advantage, but that depends on the reality of those advantages. if they are real.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 10:43 pm

I guess I'm not really sure on exactly what debate we are engaging in here.

Fox did intentionally lie. There's really no possible way to dispute that. I don't think Fox changed sexes for the sole purpose of gaining an advantage and to get a leg up in women's MMA, and I don't think Mittrione said or meant that, either. That's just ridiculous. But Fox did lie to the commissions, and did so intentionally because he knew he feared he might not get approved for a license if he told the truth about being transgender. IMO that's not a case of being fearful of social condemnation or trying to hide the truth simply to avoid embarrassment. It's a case of knowing you are doing something that is possibly unnacceptable in the eyes of the governing body and lying about it to get away with it. Say what you want about Mittirone's methods and verbage, but he is 100% correct on that point.

It's like what has been said many times;
If you want to change gender, go ahead. I have no problem with that. But if you are A) Possibly breaking the rules of a sport you are competing in and gaining an unfair advantage by doing so, and B) Intentionally lying about it, you're not the victim, you're the criminal.
I'm not gonna go all bleeding heart for this person because he felt like he should have been born a woman and chose to try and change himself into one. Fox can do that if he wants, but when he intentionally hides it and then lies about it multiple times while competing against women who have been women for their whole lives, that is indeed a disgusting thing to do.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 8:26 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
I guess I'm not really sure on exactly what debate we are engaging in here.

Fox did intentionally lie. There's really no possible way to dispute that. I don't think Fox changed sexes for the sole purpose of gaining an advantage and to get a leg up in women's MMA, and I don't think Mittrione said or meant that, either. That's just ridiculous. But Fox did lie to the commissions, and did so intentionally because he knew he feared he might not get approved for a license if he told the truth about being transgender. IMO that's not a case of being fearful of social condemnation or trying to hide the truth simply to avoid embarrassment. It's a case of knowing you are doing something that is possibly unnacceptable in the eyes of the governing body and lying about it to get away with it.

I agree with this 100%
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"   matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct" Empty

Back to top Go down

matt mitrione suspended for "breach of conduct"
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next