The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
New MMA Standard Home Page Vote_lcapNew MMA Standard Home Page Voting_barNew MMA Standard Home Page Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
New MMA Standard Home Page Vote_lcapNew MMA Standard Home Page Voting_barNew MMA Standard Home Page Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

New MMA Standard Home Page

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22854

New MMA Standard Home Page Empty
PostSubject: New MMA Standard Home Page   New MMA Standard Home Page EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 4:48 pm

You will now see at the top a button for "HOME" which redirects you to the new page https://mmastandard.forumotion.com/
Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Mogal
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
Mogal

Standard Cash : 6211

PostSubject: Re: New MMA Standard Home Page   New MMA Standard Home Page EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:21 am

Yup, I like it much better, seems better laid out...
But whats with the 'keywords' to the right?

I like the chatbox idea, it was great for live chatting with the fights going on...
Have it initially minimized, then you click to open it up, just under the menu line...

Is there a requirement to have the 'social bookmarking' and 'Rss feeds' on the page?

maybe put the 'Stats' box under the 'top posters' box?

seems good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/imogal/mogal
Mogal
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
Mogal

PostSubject: Re: New MMA Standard Home Page   New MMA Standard Home Page EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:23 am

Oh, some websitess have a link for 'Posts over the last 24hrs' or 'Today's posts'
would it be possible to get one of those in the main links?

Sometimes I'm on multiple computers, and the 'latest posts' don't always work...
(cuz I've used it up on a different computer)
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: New MMA Standard Home Page   New MMA Standard Home Page EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:53 am

Yeah, the "key words" just takes the thread titles and splits them up and displays them at random there. Any thread with said word you click on will show up. IDK its an ok little app deally I suppose ... Im not too sure about it yet... the words seem a bit too random. The chat box is still on the forum front page... IDK if I can set it to be minimized... I'll look into that though. *nope no minimizing* If it csould be it would look good on the home page... I could put it at the bottom... No requirement for the social bookmarks or the rss feeds. I just figured more options... IDK lol
Good call on the stats, gonna move them for sure. Im gonna have to do some html bs to get it but I think I can set up a "posts in the last 24 hours" type button. I'll work on it. Smile
Great feedback man, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Mogal
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
Mogal

PostSubject: Re: New MMA Standard Home Page   New MMA Standard Home Page EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:53 pm

Can yea keep the calendar?
Silly I know, but sometimes I forget the day of the week we're on!

Sounds like a good time to start a poll Very Happy

Post some of the 'side apps' that the forum can use... and we can vote on them?
(I don't know what kind of little apps are available....)
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: New MMA Standard Home Page   New MMA Standard Home Page EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:20 pm

Callendar added to the home page Smile
Im using most of the apps available at this time, aside from the repetitive ones but heres the list of whats available
New MMA Standard Home Page Curren10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New MMA Standard Home Page   New MMA Standard Home Page Empty

Back to top Go down

New MMA Standard Home Page
Page 1 of 1