The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! Vote_lcapThe MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! Voting_barThe MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! Vote_lcapThe MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! Voting_barThe MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!

Go down 
+6
lambhimself
Mogal
stock
Berserk
Triggerman99
butterknifeninja
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 3995

The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! Empty
PostSubject: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 8:57 pm

Hey gang, it's that time again. Now that we've had a few weeks after the last event concluded it's time to bring back the Suicide Pool with a furious vengeance! The rules are mostly the same, with a few modifications to make things interesting and to earn you all some more cash!

Each contestant starts with 5 Picks (you can choose from Main card or Under card fights). On the first event you select 5 Winning Fighters. If one of your fighters loses, then you lose one of your picks on the next event. You are eliminated from the contest when you have no picks left. A winner is declared when there is 1 person remaining with a pick.

Here's the catch: if you are down to 1 pick, it must be from the Under Card. This is to prevent people from picking only the heavy favorite and causing a stalemate for months.

Now for the new shit:

$500 bounty for entering the Pool. That's right, just for signing up and participating in the first event you get $500 right off the bat!
$100 bounty for each correct "favored fighter" pick (so the guy with -odds)
$1 x odds bounty for each correct "underdog" pick (so a +220 underdog would net $220)

As with the first Pool, anyone who has posted in the Introduce Yourself is eligible.

Besides the winnings from each event there are obviously fabulous prizes for the Top 3:

1st Place: $5000 Standard Cash and a Prize Pack consisting of a Dominage t-shirt, decals, and a Mystery UFC Figurine.
2nd Place: $3000 Standard Cash
3rd Place: $1000 Standard Cash

We will be starting with UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson. Here is the card:

Main card
Lightweight Championship bout: Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson
Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs. Ryan Bader
Welterweight bout: Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Jake Shields
Heavyweight bout: Mark Hunt vs. Cheick Kongo
Lightweight bout: Takanori Gomi vs. Eiji Mitsuoka
Middleweight bout: Yushin Okami vs. Tim Boetsch
Featherweight bout: Hatsu Hioki vs. Bart Palaszewski
Lightweight bout: Anthony Pettis vs. Joe Lauzon

Preliminary card (FX)
Bantamweight bout: Norifumi Yamamoto vs. Vaughan Lee
Middleweight bout: Riki Fukuda vs. Steve Cantwell
Bantamweight bout: Takeya Mizugaki vs. Chris Cariaso
Featherweight bout: Zhang Tiequan vs. Issei Tamura

In the words of Big John McCarthy: "Let's get it on!!"

Last edited by butterknifeninja on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59432

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:26 pm

Looks good.

With that said, I'm glad it's you keeping track of all those payouts and not me!
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:28 pm

Ugh, I know...it's gonna be brutal, but it should be a blast so I don't mind (much) cherry
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28608

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:44 pm

I haven't done this yet, so might as well give it a go Wink
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35180

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:24 am

Shields
Kongo
Okami
Hioki
Mizugaki
Back to top Go down
Mogal
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
Mogal

Standard Cash : 6195

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:30 am

I'm in!!!
I'll get my picks up later on...
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/imogal/mogal
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:28 am

stock wrote:
Shields
Kongo
Okami
Hioki
Mizugaki

First entry! Recorded and paid!
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5911

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:53 am

Consider my hat thrown in the ring.

My Picks
Yoshihiro Akiyama
Yushin Okami
Joe Lauzon
Ben Henderson
Riki Fukuda
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:00 pm

lambhimself wrote:
Consider my hat thrown in the ring.

My Picks
Yoshihiro Akiyama
Yushin Okami
Joe Lauzon
Ben Henderson
Riki Fukuda

Consider your picks recorded
Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

Standard Cash : 5580

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:33 pm

Fucking nice work BKN san - I.AM.IN!

Frankie Edgar
Takanori Gomi
Yushin Okami
Hatsu Hioki

Preliminary card (FX)
Norifumi Yamamoto
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28608

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:54 pm

Henderson
Jackson
Okami
Akiyama
Yamamoto
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:02 pm

couture fan wrote:

Frankie Edgar
Takanori Gomi
Yushin Okami
Hatsu Hioki
Norifumi Yamamoto
Berserk wrote:
Henderson
Jackson
Okami
Akiyama
Yamamoto

All set gents
Back to top Go down
Mogal
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
Mogal

Standard Cash : 6195

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:32 pm

K, here's my picks!!!

Frankie Edgar
Ryan Bader
Jake Shields
Yushin Okami
Nam Phan

Good luck everyone!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/imogal/mogal
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22838

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Bader
Akiyama
Kongo
Palaszewski
Cantwell
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:21 pm

Hey Chrom! Where's my shirt goddamnit!! I won it fair and square!! War!

lol!
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:52 pm

Mogal wrote:

Frankie Edgar
Ryan Bader
Jake Shields
Yushin Okami
Nam Phan
Chrom wrote:
Bader
Akiyama
Kongo
Palaszewski
Cantwell

2 more!
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16377

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:15 pm

edgar
jackson
okami
pettis
kongo
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:31 am

norcalmatt wrote:
edgar
jackson
okami
pettis
kongo
cheers
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22838

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 10:57 am

Triggerman99 wrote:

lol!
I haven't sent any of the shirts yet due to a malfunction with my retagging sewing machine... actually its more along the lines of I'm and idiot and fucked it up a bit and its shooting out a ton of extra thread on one side... But the old lady says she can fix it... so now Im on her time. But any way, I can send it to ya as long as you are ok with the Manufacturers (Jerzees) tag and not a "tagless" Dominge tag. If you're cool with that i will send that shit out immediately.
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 6:18 pm

I'll try and have the odds out asap for all of the suicide pool events so you all have add much info ass possible for making your picks. Feel free to modify your picks when the odds are released, these aren't written in stone.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:15 pm

Chrom wrote:
Triggerman99 wrote:

lol!
I haven't sent any of the shirts yet due to a malfunction with my retagging sewing machine... actually its more along the lines of I'm and idiot and fucked it up a bit and its shooting out a ton of extra thread on one side... But the old lady says she can fix it... so now Im on her time. But any way, I can send it to ya as long as you are ok with the Manufacturers (Jerzees) tag and not a "tagless" Dominge tag. If you're cool with that i will send that shit out immediately.
No I'm just kidding man.

Whenever you get it all figured out is fine with me.
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 7:10 pm

The remaining fights have been added in the betting topic so those of you who were waiting to see them before making your picks, the time has come!
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:48 pm

So far we have picks from:

Stock
Lambhimself
Couture Fan
Berserk
Mogal
Chrom
Norcalmatt

Anyone else want in? I know Triggerman will drop his picks in Thursday or Friday because he likes to be fashionably late. DEP, Krieger, 1984, Gecko, where you guys at?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 2:13 am

All rght, I'm in:

Rampage
Shields
Okami
Pettis
Gomi
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31166

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:58 am

Henderson
Okami
Shields
Mizugaki
Pettis
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!   The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!! Empty

Back to top Go down

The MMA Standard Suicide Pool REDUX!!! Win a Boatload of Standard CASH!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next