The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Wanderlei Silva won't be fighting Cro Cop at Rizin afterall, war of words ensues. Vote_lcapWanderlei Silva won't be fighting Cro Cop at Rizin afterall, war of words ensues. Voting_barWanderlei Silva won't be fighting Cro Cop at Rizin afterall, war of words ensues. Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Wanderlei Silva won't be fighting Cro Cop at Rizin afterall, war of words ensues. Vote_lcapWanderlei Silva won't be fighting Cro Cop at Rizin afterall, war of words ensues. Voting_barWanderlei Silva won't be fighting Cro Cop at Rizin afterall, war of words ensues. Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Wanderlei Silva won't be fighting Cro Cop at Rizin afterall, war of words ensues.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59431

Wanderlei Silva won't be fighting Cro Cop at Rizin afterall, war of words ensues. Empty
PostSubject: Wanderlei Silva won't be fighting Cro Cop at Rizin afterall, war of words ensues.   Wanderlei Silva won't be fighting Cro Cop at Rizin afterall, war of words ensues. EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 5:11 pm

Quote :
Wanderlei Silva was slated to meet Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic on Dec. 29 as part of Rizin FF’s open weight tournament. As much as former Pride FC fans were looking forward to the fight in Tokyo, it isn’t going to happen.

Silva pulled out of the fight over the weekend, citing lingering issues with a shoulder injury that has failed to fully heal.

The battle, however, isn’t over, as the two fighters have taken shots at each other via social media channels.

“I just received a message from Rizin Fighting Federation that Wanderlei ‘the Braveheart’ Silva doesn’t want to fight me. He gets scared and he changed his mind, but he know it from the beginning. He played tough guy on the press conference in July and he called me out for a fight. Then I said to myself, this man has a guts, but now we all see what is he made of, nothing but (expletive),” Cro Cop wrote on Facebook.

"Once he was a fearless and true axe murder, but now he’s just a scared homie and only thing he can kill is his mosquito. And Wanderlei, don’t you dare to come to Saitama to see the tournament like a guest because I will slap you like a (expletive) just like you deserve, you are nothing but a scared (expletive) and I had so much respect for you as a fighter until now. I suggest a new name for you that will fit you well… WANDERLEI ‘THE CHICKEN’ SILVA.”

Not surprisingly, Silva didn’t take kindly to Cro Cop’s berating, taking to YouTube to post his retort.

“I could not be 100-percent for this fight,” Silva said in his native Portugese, according to a translation by AgFight. “I’m a professional, I would never fight Mirko or anyone else being unprepared. But what amazed me the most is that this Croatian called me the best of the world when he stood in front of me, a legend, and then, from behind the computer came a lot of nonsense. What kind of man are you, Mirko? Are you a man just behind the computer?

“You think you’re talking to who?” Silva said, directed to his opponent. “Don’t worry. It will not be now, but I’ll get you eventually. I know you’re afraid of me, you soft (expletive). I was really offered a million dollars for this fight. I’m training, I could fight and see what happens, but I’m professional and honest, and I would never do it without being able to give the show that my fans are accustomed to. Everyone knows I’m coming from a very serious injury.”

Rizin FF has yet to announce what it plans to do for a new opponent for Cro Cop, now that Silva has withdrawn from the fight.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/wanderlei-silva-withdraws-from-rizin-fight-but-still-battling-mirko-cro-cop

Last edited by Triggerman99 on Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10239

Wanderlei Silva won't be fighting Cro Cop at Rizin afterall, war of words ensues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei Silva won't be fighting Cro Cop at Rizin afterall, war of words ensues.   Wanderlei Silva won't be fighting Cro Cop at Rizin afterall, war of words ensues. EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 8:55 am

wish it was carwin fighting crocop
Back to top Go down

Wanderlei Silva won't be fighting Cro Cop at Rizin afterall, war of words ensues.
Page 1 of 1