The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Matt Brown and Brazil Vote_lcapMatt Brown and Brazil Voting_barMatt Brown and Brazil Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Matt Brown and Brazil Vote_lcapMatt Brown and Brazil Voting_barMatt Brown and Brazil Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Matt Brown and Brazil

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10244

Matt Brown and Brazil Empty
PostSubject: Matt Brown and Brazil   Matt Brown and Brazil EmptyMon May 16, 2016 11:38 am

not only did he get beat by maia

he was grabbed several times walking to the cage

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/05/ufc-rep-fan-that-grabbed-matt-brown-during-walkout-was-ejected-from-ufc-198-venue-1

he was also assaulted by his former coach with a cheap shot in a hotel the day after the fight

heres a clip after botti ran out of the hotel and one of browns friends went after him.

crazy
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5723

PostSubject: Re: Matt Brown and Brazil   Matt Brown and Brazil EmptyMon May 16, 2016 3:06 pm

I dont know man .... I'd have second thoughts before going to Brazil for a fight.

Thanks Chael
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59436

PostSubject: Re: Matt Brown and Brazil   Matt Brown and Brazil EmptyMon May 16, 2016 3:37 pm

Yeah but it's not like poor Matt Brown is just a simple victim here. He was a complete asshat to the fans at the weigh ins (yes, Brazilian fans are awful, but he instigated the situation and made it worse for himself), and he allegedly assaulted the guy in the video awhile back, so there's some history there.

I'm a fan of the guy as a fighter, but he definitely has a history of douchebaggery.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12602

PostSubject: Re: Matt Brown and Brazil   Matt Brown and Brazil EmptyTue May 17, 2016 9:51 am

I agree with you and I disagree.  I actually took what he did as trying to get the crowd going, but I can still see where anyone is coming from that he acted like a douche.  Yeah he acted like a douche and flipped them off, but you cant touch him.    Thats where the line is drawn.  We can say he instigated all we want, but to me that lessons the sheer shittiness of how the fans acted.  He made a gesture.  Make a gesture back, boo him, flip him off, curse him out even, but there is no excuse for the nonsense they pulled.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Matt Brown and Brazil   Matt Brown and Brazil EmptyTue May 17, 2016 10:41 am

I cant remember which Brown does Rhonda want to be impregnated by? Was it Travis or Matt?

Cause if its Matt then the chances for a "double douche" hybrid kid could be great.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35184

PostSubject: Re: Matt Brown and Brazil   Matt Brown and Brazil EmptyTue May 17, 2016 11:05 am

I think it was Travis.
But, I think Travis still higher on the douche scale.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Matt Brown and Brazil   Matt Brown and Brazil EmptyTue May 17, 2016 11:16 am

FistK wrote:
I agree with you and I disagree.  I actually took what he did as trying to get the crowd going, but I can still see where anyone is coming from that he acted like a douche.  Yeah he acted like a douche and flipped them off, but you cant touch him.    Thats where the line is drawn.  We can say he instigated all we want, but to me that lessons the sheer shittiness of how the fans acted.  He made a gesture.  Make a gesture back, boo him, flip him off, curse him out even, but there is no excuse for the nonsense they pulled.

This is in no way me making an excuse for the Brazilian fans, because they were most definitely way out of line, but you need to understand your audience before doing what he did. Those fans are notoriously brutal to opposing fighters, so that probably was not the best venue in which to demonstratively goad them.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Matt Brown and Brazil   Matt Brown and Brazil EmptyTue May 17, 2016 12:15 pm

Well yeah,

If I fuck my neighbor's wife, he is not "allowed" to shoot my knee caps.
However, if I don't want my knee caps shot, I'm probably safer if I don't fuck my neighbor's wife.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10244

PostSubject: Re: Matt Brown and Brazil   Matt Brown and Brazil EmptyTue May 17, 2016 12:43 pm

maybe just a little excessive Mr. Brown.. But +1 for him. I'm glad he did this because the way the Brazilian crowd boos American fighters is ridiculous. Would have been crazy if he beat maia and flipped the crowd off again.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Matt Brown and Brazil   Matt Brown and Brazil EmptyTue May 17, 2016 1:40 pm

Probably would have been murdered.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Matt Brown and Brazil   Matt Brown and Brazil EmptyTue May 17, 2016 2:22 pm

Maybe this little incident will give the UFC pause regarding how much they play up the whole country-vs-country angle when promoting fights.
We can only hope some good will come of this and there's a chance we might never have to be subjected to those abominations of posters with the stupid fucking catch phrases and quotes written on the fighters' faces in the colors of their countries' flags.
Those goddamn things are all-time bad.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Matt Brown and Brazil   Matt Brown and Brazil EmptyWed May 18, 2016 11:44 am

Especially in a country where getting shot is a far greater possibility than anywhere else the UFC likes holding cards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt Brown and Brazil   Matt Brown and Brazil Empty

Back to top Go down

Matt Brown and Brazil
Page 1 of 1